5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I have the ORP springs, and just got a set of 67-1501 ready-lift uca's. Now just need to find a trustworthy shop to get them installed. Is there anything else I need to swap out the springs and uca's? My truck currently has the Mopar lift kit, so I'm asking if all the other little brackets and pieces are ok, and if it's a just a matter of swapping out springs and uca's?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the ORP springs, and just got a set of 67-1501 ready-lift uca's. Now just need to find a trustworthy shop to get them installed. Is there anything else I need to swap out the springs and uca's? My truck currently has the Mopar lift kit, so I'm asking if all the other little brackets and pieces are ok, and if it's a just a matter of swapping out springs and uca's?

Nothing else required just springs and UCA's 👍🏼. I would assume the new UCAs came with new locking nuts??
Be prepared for a little stiffer ride with the ORP springs.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Nothing else required just springs and UCA's . I would assume the new UCAs came with new locking nuts??
Be prepared for a little stiffer ride with the ORP springs.
Thanks! Yes they did come with hardware. And yes I'm prepared a bit.

Stillhetfield

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new here. Lots of great info here. I've read 80+ pages twice now lol. I have a question I'm looking to purchase the 2" Mopar lift and in description it says it's not compatible with ORP/ORG. I have that package on my built to serve addition. Not sure if I should pull the trigger. Thanks for any help.

Here is the description:
2-inch fox racing lift kit for crew cabs with 5.7L engines providing excellent handling both on and off-road. Kit includes front shocks,upper control arms,rear shocks, spring spacers,jounce spacers, and a track bar bracket. (Not compatible with rebel trim level or trucks equipped with air suspension. (Sales code SER) Also not compatible with off-road group or north edition

Last edited:

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new here. Lots of great info here. I've read 80+ pages twice now lol. I have a question I'm looking to purchase the 2" Mopar lift and in description it says it's not compatible with ORP/ORG. I have that package on my built to serve addition. Not sure if I should pull the trigger. Thanks for any help.

Here is the description:
2-inch fox racing lift kit for crew cabs with 5.7L engines providing excellent handling both on and off-road. Kit includes front shocks,upper control arms,rear shocks, spring spacers,jounce spacers, and a track bar bracket. (Not compatible with rebel trim level or trucks equipped with air suspension. (Sales code SER) Also not compatible with off-road group or north edition
Short answer I believe is because the shocks in the Mopar lift kit are valved for the shorter spring non orp trucks. I think its a matter of ride quality, rather than it physically or safely not working with orp trucks.

Stillhetfield

Reaction score
Short answer I believe is because the shocks in the Mopar lift kit are valved for the shorter spring non orp trucks. I think its a matter of ride quality, rather than it physically or safely not working with orp trucks.

Thanks that's what I figured. But a lot of people here are using these springs especially up front. To level the front end. I'm just worried if I get the kit. Dodge will refuse to install it. If it's mainly upper control arms I could use different ones.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Thanks that's what I figured. But a lot of people here are using these springs especially up front. To level the front end. I'm just worried if I get the kit. Dodge will refuse to install it. If it's mainly upper control arms I could use different ones.
Yeah just keep in mind, most only change out the front to orp. So installing the kit on an orp truck makes the rear shocks not valved quite right as well. I really don't know how that affects anything, just stating an obvious lol.

Stillhetfield

Reaction score
Yeah just keep in mind, most only change out the front to orp. So installing the kit on an orp truck makes the rear shocks not valved quite right as well. I really don't know how that affects anything, just stating an obvious lol.

Okay thanks I'll keep looking into it.

Donreb

Reaction score
I thought I’d update on what I did for those who are looking to level. I did the same as alxmlr789, with the fox 2.5 DSC coil overs. With just the mopar kit, I was at 1.5 inches of rake. I’m now at 42 in the back, 41.75~ in the front.

I went with this option due to trying to maintain the best ride quality possible, it’s expensive but definitely achieves that. Too early to know how it truly compares to the original kit but the ride isn’t worse.
Do you have side steps on that? Or just the angle? Or maybe they are retractable? Thanks!

21RAMidnight

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
Yes please! Still waiting on delivery of my Bighorn but this is first of three upgrades. Lift - tires/wheels - power side steps. Nice Truck by the way.

Attachments

• summary.pdf
    332.6 KB · Views: 43

garyafa94

Reaction score

Are you swapping the ORP springs that are on now for non-ORP springs because of the Mopar lift?

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Are you swapping the ORP springs that are on now for non-ORP springs because of the Mopar lift?
No I don't have an orp truck, and I have all the parts to swap to the orp springs in the front, along with readylift uca's which are good for 2-4 inches of front lift.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
No I don't have an orp truck, and I have all the parts to swap to the orp springs in the front, along with readylift uca's which are good for 2-4 inches of front lift.

But will the upgraded ucas and orp springs allow the fox shock to over extend causing harm/poor ride/longevity ?

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
But will the upgraded ucas and orp springs allow the fox shock to over extend causing harm/poor ride/longevity ?
Idk? At the rate I'm going I might have the parts laying around long enough to change my mind. Some say be prepared for a bit stiffer ride. Some say it's horrible. Some say you might not even notice.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I think I get more ignorant to suspension setups the more I read lol. So I have the orp springs and the readylift uca's for correcting angles. But I gotta ask would I be better off just adding 1.5 inch spacer to the Mopar 2" lift? Would a spacer keep the shocks more in there sweet spot? I'm not out much money I paid for the orp springs if spacers will do the job better, and I will end up using the ready lift uca's no matter how I achieve another 1 - 1.5 inches of front lift. I'm just looking for the best way without abandoning the Mopar lift, and I gathered that the orp springs was the best way. So I gotta ask about using a spacer?

Mehlmw

Reaction score
I thought I’d update on what I did for those who are looking to level. I did the same as alxmlr789, with the fox 2.5 DSC coil overs. With just the mopar kit, I was at 1.5 inches of rake. I’m now at 42 in the back, 41.75~ in the front.

I went with this option due to trying to maintain the best ride quality possible, it’s expensive but definitely achieves that. Too early to know how it truly compares to the original kit but the ride isn’t worse.

Great looking truck. Did you go with the 2.5 DSC coil overs in the front and rear, or just the front? I have the 2" Mopar lift and was considering only installing the 2.5 DSC coil overs in front to level it out. Would love to know your exact setup front and back. Thanks!

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
Great looking truck. Did you go with the 2.5 DSC coil overs in the front and rear, or just the front? I have the 2" Mopar lift and was considering only installing the 2.5 DSC coil overs in front to level it out. Would love to know your exact setup front and back. Thanks!
I did exactly what your thinking of doing. So I have the mopar kit in the rear and then RC UCA and the 2.5 DSC coil overs in the front. I'm really really happy with the ride, I think its actually better than the mopar kit itself but still early. I love the stance though now.

I'm replacing my wheels / tires as well, going to be going with 35x12.50r20 cooper discoverer at3 xlt with hostile vulcans....not sure when they'll arrive though.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Good news: checked with the dealer I ordered my Mopar lift from and he said supplier is set to ship 75 kits nationwide, and my dealer happened to be in the top 50. So if anyone has been awaiting a Mopar lift kit, the date I was quoted from the dealers supplier was May 26th. I have my ORP springs for the front, just need to get a set of UCAs to handle the front ORP spring conversion and I'm set. Super excited!!!

Users who are viewing this thread