5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Called a dealer, there are currently 253 orders for the Mopar lift and they have note that says, "SUPPLIER IS PAST DUE". I guess I will be ordering mine to get on the waitlist...

21Longhorn

Reaction score
Hi, do those ridge grapplers sit flush with the fender, thinking of doing same offset as you and same tires.

With the 2” Mopar lift and the ORP springs, does that give you a 3” lift?
I was looking at this as well but I don’t want to put my front CV joints in a bind causing premature wear or vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21Longhorn

Reaction score
Lol! There are 83 pages with plenty of info on this thread. Do a tiny bit of scrolling and you'll find everything you need, including all of the part number supersedes.

You are correct, there is a ton of information in these 83 pages.
I did not realize at the time that I asked that question exactly how much was already posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weggie4

Reaction score
A year ago I put a mopar 2” lift with ORP front springs, on a 2019 1500 crew cab 5/7 bed. Before I put the lift on I had a whistling noise about 55 MPH. Been in and out of the dealership. A FCA tech looked and it and they ended up replacing the driveshaft. Dealer stated it was from my lift putting the driveshaft at an improper angel. Anyone heard of this.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Called a dealer, there are currently 253 orders for the Mopar lift and they have note that says, "SUPPLIER IS PAST DUE". I guess I will be ordering mine to get on the waitlist...
Yep, Im one of those 253. Was about ~210 when I put my order in about a week ago. I’m keeping a positive outlook as I was told 2 weeks since I put my order in, which should put me around the beginning of May. Gives me time to get the ORP springs and UCAs on order and gather those parts.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I just ordered the the 68320249AC springs off flea bay. I'm not even sure I'm going to use them, but price was good and they were available. I have the Mopar lift already installed. So my questions have probably been answered, and I have read almost all the post and discussions. It's a little overwhelming and sometimes conflicting. So here goes.....
Are those springs all I need for 1 more inch?
Do I need UCA's? I'm using the ones in the Mopar kit currently.
Will the Mopar kit work as is with the orp springs, or does it need modified?
Will the ride be effected much switching to the orp springs?
Pics and firsthand knowledge appreciated.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A year ago I put a mopar 2” lift with ORP front springs, on a 2019 1500 crew cab 5/7 bed. Before I put the lift on I had a whistling noise about 55 MPH. Been in and out of the dealership. A FCA tech looked and it and they ended up replacing the driveshaft. Dealer stated it was from my lift putting the driveshaft at an improper angel. Anyone heard of this.
Well that doesn't make sense at all if it was whistling prior to the lift install lol. I run the same setup with no driveshaft issues after 16k miles. Service departments love to blame issues on aftermarket parts. Was it covered under warranty?

Weggie4

Reaction score
Well that doesn't make sense at all if it was whistling prior to the lift install lol. I run the same setup with no driveshaft issues after 16k miles. Service departments love to blame issues on aftermarket parts. Was it covered under warranty?
It was covered, just this one time as a courtesy.
Mistake I have the 6/4 bed.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered the the 68320249AC springs off flea bay. I'm not even sure I'm going to use them, but price was good and they were available. I have the Mopar lift already installed. So my questions have probably been answered, and I have read almost all the post and discussions. It's a little overwhelming and sometimes conflicting. So here goes.....
Are those springs all I need for 1 more inch?
Do I need UCA's? I'm using the ones in the Mopar kit currently.
Will the Mopar kit work as is with the orp springs, or does it need modified?
Will the ride be effected much switching to the orp springs?
Pics and firsthand knowledge appreciated.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

you should be ok if you don’t tow. If you tow a lot, the angles of the UCA’s (even with the Mopar lift UCA) are ok but not great. I have this same kit, with ORP springs and recently switched to a 3” coilover kit and the ride is a bit better. I switched to RL ucas with the 3” coilover and the angles are much better.

AlbertaRam

Reaction score
I have a little over 30,000 miles on my 2019 with a Mopar 2" lift. The ride is getting rough. has anyone replaced the FOX shocks with Bilsteins? I don't want to add any height. After alot of fighting with Dodge, I'm okay with how she sits, I'm more interested in ride quality than the off road handling.

Any issues or concerns with the substitution?

DONZILLA

Reaction score

Mehlmw

Reaction score
I've read through a number of these forums and still don't see if anyone has found a good solution... I have a 2021 Laramie and installed the 2" Mopar lift and ORP front springs. I still have about 1" of rake and would like to level it out. Anyone find a good solution that works? Thanks!

U

User_63152

I've read through a number of these forums and still don't see if anyone has found a good solution... I have a 2021 Laramie and installed the 2" Mopar lift and ORP front springs. I still have about 1" of rake and would like to level it out. Anyone find a good solution that works? Thanks!
This will get you 1/2''.

I am unaware of an actual 1'' lift option for you particular situation. It's either 0.5'' or 1.5''

The 1.5'' spacers will fit the 5th Gen Ram.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayRam20

Reaction score
This will get you 1/2''.

I am unaware of an actual 1'' lift option for you particular situation. It's either 0.5'' or 1.5''

The 1.5'' spacers will fit the 5th Gen Ram.
Anyone looking to just level their 1500 gen 5 i have the 2" front spacers required brand new iin box. hit me up

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Seeing i spend my time in this group id thought i throw it out there.......this morning wasn't good for the Ram...... started rough idle and the good old CEL comes a flashing on! 1yr 3 months and 20,692 miles into the life. WTF Ram!

Dealer closest said "no i take take it till next thurs.... and it cant stay here"

Preferred dealer, "get it towed in and well try and have it done by fri depending what we find".

So plugs or some type of ignition prob.....maybe a Rebel is needed to replace it.... HAHAHAHA

Rant over.

Update: Cyl 7 Misfire..due to bad injector. 20,697 miles

Last edited:

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
I thought I’d update on what I did for those who are looking to level. I did the same as alxmlr789, with the fox 2.5 DSC coil overs. With just the mopar kit, I was at 1.5 inches of rake. I’m now at 42 in the back, 41.75~ in the front.

I went with this option due to trying to maintain the best ride quality possible, it’s expensive but definitely achieves that. Too early to know how it truly compares to the original kit but the ride isn’t worse.

Attachments

• F2F266D2-6AFA-4591-B328-1B7714035ACE.jpeg
    F2F266D2-6AFA-4591-B328-1B7714035ACE.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 207
  • F77FAFD2-D7E7-4C27-8E24-0B4DB7056DE4.jpeg
    F77FAFD2-D7E7-4C27-8E24-0B4DB7056DE4.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 206

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has removed the lower valance and the active air dam? LOL Don't see it too often,

What is everyone mixed miles MPGS I'm around the 12.2-13.1

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has removed the lower valance and the active air dam? LOL Don't see it too often,

What is everyone mixed miles MPGS I'm around the 12.2-13.1
I have seen a few others on the forum that have removed them. I'm averaging 13.5 city/highway.

Users who are viewing this thread