5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

dnelso2

Reaction score
RE; leveling a 2020 1500 Laramie crew cab, 4WD, regular suspension.....thanks for all the prior comments re: leveling this truck. I contacted Bilstein regarding the upcoming B8 5100 shocks. This shock is designed to LEVEL this truck using adjustable snap rings on the shock. Here's what I got from Bilstein...."We're currently in production of the 5100 shock for the new body style Ram pickups. We hope to have these shocks available around the first part of next year. These shocks will install using all factory components. You will not need after market control arms. " I did not get a price (probably isn't available yet). As I understand it, this technology is not new and has been used on other brand trucks. Just the 2019/2020 Ram application is new.
This solution seems to be worth waiting for. Any comments appreciated.
I put the 5100s on my F150 and set the ride height to the maximum height (maximum preload) and it turned the ride quality of my truck to ****!

Justingraves9

Reaction score
Hi, just joined and have a question. I have read most of the posts and didn’t see anything.
For those of you that have an ORP or have put ORP spring in the front with either the updated spacer or new kits have you had any ball joint or CV issues? I have a 2019 with the ORP package and had the older AA Mopar kit That was made in 2018 I just had the spacers installed. I am off road a lot! Nothing hair difficult but just trying to see if I should invest in some icon UCA’s or if anyone has seen any issues.

EWNelson

Reaction score
Have been combing these pages to help me out with making some decisions and damn has it been so helpful.

I optioned my truck with the ORP and I now have the Mopar 2" lift kit on order, but it's going to take some time to come in. So in the meantime I'm trying out the MotoFab 2.5" front lift with my stock wheel/tire package to see how it effects the stance/rake of the truck. Once they come in I'll be combining the MotoFab lift with 18x9 KMC 544 Mesa's in Bronze and 295/70/18 Toyo AT III's. Having read everyone's opinions and looked at photos, I think it'll yield tidy, but not overly aggressive results. I'll be documenting everything with video/photo too, so ya'll can expect some further insight soon.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi, just joined and have a question. I have read most of the posts and didn’t see anything.
For those of you that have an ORP or have put ORP spring in the front with either the updated spacer or new kits have you had any ball joint or CV issues? I have a 2019 with the ORP package and had the older AA Mopar kit That was made in 2018 I just had the spacers installed. I am off road a lot! Nothing hair difficult but just trying to see if I should invest in some icon UCA’s or if anyone has seen any issues.
I've been running Mopar 2" lift with ORP springs for about 15k miles and no issues with CVs at all and I use 4x4 quite often. I did upgrade to RC UCAs for piece of mind while off-roading and towing. Mopar UCAs were pushing the ragged edge with lift and ORP springs.

Justingraves9

Reaction score
I've been running Mopar 2" lift with ORP springs for about 15k miles and no issues with CVs at all and I use 4x4 quite often. I did upgrade to RC UCAs for piece of mind while off-roading and towing. Mopar UCAs were pushing the ragged edge with lift and ORP springs.

Awesome thank you for the information

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
Well I've bought the 1.5 inch spacer and RC UCA for 3.5 inch lift. Also finally got the speedo recalibration which I've desperately been needing to do. I'll probably try to put it end of this week or next and will post pics / comments on any change in ride.

DSBUD4U

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 Sport with Mopar 2" lift.
So, I test fit a 22x10 +10 Fuel Maverick with a 35x12.50 22 Nitto G2 and it rubs the the fender liner at the mud flap area just slightly. Can anyone tell me what offset i would need to not rub at all with a 35x12.50 22?

Attachments

• 20210212_204351.jpg
    20210212_204351.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 114

doolin64

Reaction score
I don't believe there's an offset that won't rub. Everyone here has done some sort of modifications to the innder fenders and/or little mudflap to correct the rubbing.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
Did you get new end links with the lift? Wondering about the impact to the sway bar.

Lonster

Reaction score
Oh trust me not only was it purchased there but I made sure they were solely the ones installing to keep the peace. I would have loved for this to have been done in the beginning as it’s annoying to have to take it to them just for this.
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did the lift getting done at the dealer cost you?

DSBUD4U

Reaction score
+10 22 x 10 with a Nitto G2 35 x 12.50 22 fits with very minor plastic trimming on the drivers side splash guard. I gained almost 4" total with lift and tires.

Attachments

• 20210221_105534.jpg
    20210221_105534.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 20210221_105945.jpg
    20210221_105945.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 206

doolin64

Reaction score
+10 22 x 10 with a Nitto G2 35 x 12.50 22 fits with very minor plastic trimming on the drivers side splash guard. I gained almost 4" total with lift and tires.
Your truck looks fantastic! In the end did you just do the lift? No added spacers, no ORP springs, etc?

Would you mind grabbing a quick measurement, from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well in the center. Better yet, if your garage door opening is 7ft, can you fit in?

Jdon

Reaction score
Now for the good stuff... What gears and are you happy with the ride mileage etc? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread