5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Mrsundays

Reaction score
Anyone know what specs on the kit is? There’s a lot to try and read through, but I have a limited time to try and buy.

Do they use a 1” preload and 2” top spacer in the front? I have an ORP equipped truck and wondering if I should have them use the motofab 2.5” spacer instead of the MOPAR one.

doolin64

Reaction score
@Azango Can you post up a picture of your truck with the rake? I'd like to see a photo of the truck without the ORD front springs. I prefer some rake. That's because to me visually, when people post the pictures of there trucks level (per a tape measure), they tend to look nose high. This is just due to the shape of the fenders and layout of the truck.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know what specs on the kit is? There’s a lot to try and read through, but I have a limited time to try and buy.

Do they use a 1” preload and 2” top spacer in the front? I have an ORP equipped truck and wondering if I should have them use the motofab 2.5” spacer instead of the MOPAR one.
The only spacer is a 2” rear spacer. The Mopar kit uses Fox struts in the front to raise the truck. The updated kit uses a small spacer underneath the spring seat to help lessen the rake. It is compatible with the off-road package, you will just have a little more rake, unless you use a different rear spacer.

Mrsundays

Reaction score
The only spacer is a 2” rear spacer. The Mopar kit uses Fox struts in the front to raise the truck. The updated kit uses a small spacer underneath the spring seat to help lessen the rake. It is compatible with the off-road package, you will just have a little more rake, unless you use a different rear spacer.
How tall is the spacer they include with the new kit? I’ve been looking at frankenlifting mine with Bilsteins and spacers to get the same lift as the Readylift 3.5

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How tall is the spacer they include with the new kit? I’ve been looking at frankenlifting mine with Bilsteins and spacers to get the same lift as the Readylift 3.5
I haven't seen the spacer in person but it looks like maybe its a half inch or so. The updated Mopar kit with ORP front springs gives 3-3.5" of lift just like the Readylift does. You don't want to go any higher than that without a differential drop. If you use Bilteins, you can set them to 2" of lift. I wouldn't go any higher or add a spacer since you have the ORP. You could probably get away with a half inch spacer on top of the strut but that would be it.

RAudiJ

Reaction score
AB and AC kits do not have front spacers, just a relocated spring seat collar. You do reuse the original front spring seats.
Early AB and AC kits shipped with these instructions. There were revised instructions the shipped with late AB, and a further revision that is shipping with current AC kits.
No specs.
Installation Instructions 1st AB edition.

Mrsundays

Reaction score
I haven't seen the spacer in person but it looks like maybe its a half inch or so. The updated Mopar kit with ORP front springs gives 3-3.5" of lift just like the Readylift does. You don't want to go any higher than that without a differential drop. If you use Bilteins, you can set them to 2" of lift. I wouldn't go any higher or add a spacer since you have the ORP. You could probably get away with a half inch spacer on top of the strut but that would be it.
I’m rather tempted to just send it with the BDS 4”.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m rather tempted to just send it with the BDS 4”.
That would be the best option. I debated back and forth on it for a while before ordering the BDS 4" kit. Then the wrong spacer/spring box came in so I ended up with the 6" BDS and kept it.

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Hi Gray I am confused, What Rough Country item did you add? UCA?
i just added the rough country .25" wheel spacers. They were just enough to make the tires flush/slightly beyound the body, but perfect for my wants and the clearance is great. Tires do not rub on lock to lock turning. (on the road anyhow) but i did not notice any rubbing while down in MD for some fun at the C and D canal the other weekend.

Azango

Reaction score
@Azango Can you post up a picture of your truck with the rake? I'd like to see a photo of the truck without the ORD front springs. I prefer some rake. That's because to me visually, when people post the pictures of there trucks level (per a tape measure), they tend to look nose high. This is just due to the shape of the fenders and layout of the truck.
For sure, Sits 39 1/4 front 42 Rear. 295/60R20 Faulkner Wild Peak AT3. Looking at maybe ordering the ORP front springs. Would like the 1inch half but inch will work

Attachments

• 451047DA-A8AB-46D3-AE76-1DA38A1B677D.jpeg
    451047DA-A8AB-46D3-AE76-1DA38A1B677D.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 261
  • B90C749A-69C6-408B-A091-094B854AFF75.jpeg
    B90C749A-69C6-408B-A091-094B854AFF75.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 251

OfficerOB

Reaction score
Picked up my truck from the dealer today after having the 2” MOPAR kit installed on my non-ORP 2021 Laramie Crew Cab with factory 22’s.
Right after, I went to my tire shop to have 35x12.50x22 Toyo RT’s installed and found they rub on the little flap at the bottom of the front wheel well. My tire guy didn’t want to trim on it as it is attached to the factory running boards.
I’m now contemplating having the dealer install the ORP front springs. Has anyone else had this issue and/or cleared the 35’s after the addition of the ORP springs? I also want to get rid of the rake. 02349CE9-BAEB-4671-9828-5CDB1E321B37.jpeg 4FC17138-E003-4EBB-AF0E-ADFFD277B102.jpeg

Mrsundays

Reaction score
Picked up my truck from the dealer today after having the 2” MOPAR kit installed on my non-ORP 2021 Laramie Crew Cab with factory 22’s.
Right after, I went to my tire shop to have 35x12.50x22 Toyo RT’s installed and found they rub on the little flap at the bottom of the front wheel well. My tire guy didn’t want to trim on it as it is attached to the factory running boards.
I’m now contemplating having the dealer install the ORP front springs. Has anyone else had this issue and/or cleared the 35’s after the addition of the ORP springs? I also want to get rid of the rake. View attachment 75637 View attachment 75638
I really dig those running boards more than my ORP ones.

Mrsundays

Reaction score
I’m now contemplating having the dealer install the ORP front springs. Has anyone else had this issue and/or cleared the 35’s after the addition of the ORP springs? I also want to get rid of the rake. View attachment 75637 View attachment 75638
Also, not sure what he’s talking about as the running boards definitely don’t appear to be connected to anything other than the rockers...

GraniteRam

Reaction score

OfficerOB

Reaction score
Also, not sure what he’s talking about as the running boards definitely don’t appear to be connected to anything other than the rockers...
I think what he was getting at is that both are attached to the rocker possibly? I will have to look at it again. But either way, given the spot it was rubbing, it would tear up/off the flap. I might have to explore if those are removable or not because the one he had mounted looked really good. He ordered me some 305/45/22 Toyo AT3’s but really wanted to be on 35’s. I think the ORP springs on the front would let it clear.

Mrsundays

Reaction score
I think what he was getting at is that both are attached to the rocker possibly? I will have to look at it again. But either way, given the spot it was rubbing, it would tear up/off the flap. I might have to explore if those are removable or not because the one he had mounted looked really good. He ordered me some 305/45/22 Toyo AT3’s but really wanted to be on 35’s. I think the ORP springs on the front would let it clear.
If you’re talking about the little flap at the bottom, it’s 100% removable really easily. A lot of people just take them off. You can also apply some heat and reshape them to clear.

Fetch

Reaction score
0244386b1113fb5589088e1672c93150.jpg

Mopar 2” lift, front ORP springs, 20x10.5 fuels, 35x12.5 tires. Rear Helwig sway bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simplman

Reaction score
Just got the Mopar Lift installed on my 2020 Bighorn last week. Stock Rebel Tires, and Westin running boards.

Attachments

• B3823F86-B2BC-46EC-A954-AE28CDFA1720.jpeg
    B3823F86-B2BC-46EC-A954-AE28CDFA1720.jpeg
    229.1 KB · Views: 153

Users who are viewing this thread