5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's the newest mopar 2 inch lift kit model number? Does it level out the truck or still have a rake?

I'm interested in this too.

I'm in the minority here, but I'm looking for a lift not a level, trying to maintain some rake

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I understand the people who want to get rid of the rake. But if you do, What’s the difference between having it raked with a lift then leveled with a lift? I understand that with no lift, the rake is there so when the bed gets cargo on it, it has play. With a lift, I’m assuming you have more play? Leveling is just for aesthetics?

Reaction score
What's the newest mopar 2 inch lift kit model number? Does it level out the truck or still have a rake?

The kit ends in AC now but the boxes you will get will say AB with AC parts in it. If you look back 1 page or so I took a picture of my kit which is the AB kit. AA, AB and AC are basically all the same with newer parts in it. They will all have rake unless you put ORP springs on the front or buy a smaller coil spacer for the rear.

Mine is with 1" with the ORP springs on the truck. Measurements show a rake but by the eye it looks level. So I'm very happy with my outcome. It's good to have some rake for towing and a loaded box anyhow.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sneak peak, just picked truck up. Just have to paint the center caps black and there is some rubbing at full crank and I can see where. The back at the back of the wheel well, lower corner so a little heat or cutting will solve it. Tire guy put about 42lbs or so dropping them to 38lbs.

View attachment 64070 View attachment 64072
Looks good. Maybe I missed it somewhere; but what tire size did you go with?

EGJ16

Reaction score
The new kit part # is 77072424AC.
With regular spings the average rake is 1-1.5”. With off road package spings its about .5”. Of course all trucks are different so it may vary.

Mines was 2” of rake when I first got it installed. But now its 1.5” after 800 miles. Im going to add a 0.5” wulf spacer to pick up the front some. My CV joints and tie rod angles were pretty much flat so 0.5” more shouldn’t affect anything drastically.

sergetexan

Reaction score
So those that have the newest version of Mopar lift. Is the front indeed leveled somewhat with longer fox shocks (no spacer) or is the rake the same pre-lift vs post lift? I have been on the fence forever between mopar vs Bilstein but I want to retain some rake so I was going to run Bilstein’s with a one inch rear spacer or orp spring, then I have seen numerous threads on upgrading the UCA’s so might as well go mopar and have the 2 inches in back plus whatever gains in front including UCA’s. Again what would I expect to gain in front with the mopar lift?

EGJ16

Reaction score
So those that have the newest version of Mopar lift. Is the front indeed leveled somewhat with longer fox shocks (no spacer) or is the rake the same pre-lift vs post lift? I have been on the fence forever between mopar vs Bilstein but I want to retain some rake so I was going to run Bilstein’s with a one inch rear spacer or orp spring, then I have seen numerous threads on upgrading the UCA’s so might as well go mopar and have the 2 inches in back plus whatever gains in front including UCA’s. Again what would I expect to gain in front with the mopar lift?
Stock I was at 36” front 38.5” rear. With the mopar 2” (without spacer, longer shocks version) I’m at 40” front 41.5” rear on 275/65/20 (measure out to 33.25” tall mounted).

SzymiRam@2019

Reaction score
Stock I was at 36” front 38.5” rear. With the mopar 2” (without spacer, longer shocks version) I’m at 40” front 41.5” rear on 275/65/20 (measure out to 33.25” tall mounted).

So your lift kit was not updated, the first version ? Which was the AA model I believe ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well got my Borla S-Type in, sounds great. I had to play around with it a little bit to make it sit correctly the joys of bolt on stuff.. Sounds awesome, louder than the B2 Magnaflow and had a very nice idle and take of sound. I think that’s that way the Hemi should sound glad I changed up the exhaust.

Anyhow ordered the Hellwig Lift Sway Bar Kit, couldn’t wait so I just ordered it. Anyone with the Hellwig, was setting did you put it on? The first hole which they recommend or another one?

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well got my Borla S-Type in, sounds great. I had to play around with it a little bit to make it sit correctly the joys of bolt on stuff.. Sounds awesome, louder than the B2 Magnaflow and had a very nice idle and take of sound. I think that’s that way the Hemi should sound glad I changed up the exhaust.

Anyhow ordered the Hellwig Lift Sway Bar Kit, couldn’t wait so I just ordered it. Anyone with the Hellwig, was setting did you put it on? The first hole which they recommend or another one?

I think most people went middle.

ElJoe

Reaction score
Was your truck ORP or non ORP?

Reaction score
I think most people went middle.

Yeah I am not sure, I've read first hole and maybe some middle. I guess you just got to play around and see what works best. All I know is I want to get rid of the body roll that I am now getting. Besides it's only money, just go to work to make more to spend more lol.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I put mine on the middle and left it there. I'm satisfied.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
For those that have the lifted version of the hellwig, what are you doing about the top bolt since it's standard in the kit instead of metric? Are you reusing the top bolt even though there's a lot of slop in the eyelet of the bushing and the bolt has no shoulder like the one in the kit.

davisenvy

Reaction score
Will this kit eliminate the thud I feel in the front end when the struts over extend on big bumps?

DONZILLA

Reaction score
Authentic Mopar Lift Kit 2 Inch Part Number: 77072424AB

MSRP :$1,350.00
SAVINGS:$185.05
FINAL PRICE
$1,164.95

Is this what I want? I ordered the Hellwig too!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Authentic Mopar Lift Kit 2 Inch Part Number: 77072424AB

MSRP :$1,350.00
SAVINGS:$185.05
FINAL PRICE
$1,164.95

Is this what I want? I ordered the Hellwig too!
Yes, that will work. There is an AC version out now; not sure what it changed.

Reaction score
Well installed my Hellwig Sway Bar (for lifted truck version) some little isuses I have regarding fitment but other then that I love how the truck reacts now. Defintly worth the purchase. I just think for the money your spending on it everything fit better and have the correct parts. I don't think there is a problem with how it's all fitted at the end of the day. If you're interested, check out the post I made in the Hellwig topic HERE

Installed On Ramps.png

Sway bar links in box.png

Users who are viewing this thread