5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The front ORP springs are part # 68320249AB. I bought them from a dealer online. About $45 each
But that might be the issue I am having. I got under the truck yesterday and checked it out. Looks like the back shocks and springs work fine. The front does not move at all. Could the springs be way to stiff to allow movement? Gonna try putting the stock ones back on to see if they change the stiffness and the look. So, I may end up having a set to get rid of.

I’d guess that’s what the issue is, you Can only preload a spring so much before it doesn’t really work with a given damper (shock) rate. Heck even the non ORP spring is about 1.5” worth of preload, however that is what the Fox shocks are designed for.

This is the reason so many people complain about a 2-2.5” spring preload lift ride quality, they are taking so much travel out of the suspension and using a stock shock not designed for the new spring rate.

I am trying a top hat 1/2” spacer for additional front lift. We’ll see how it works out.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
The ORP springs have been mentioned a couple times in this thread, has nobody else installed them with this lift? Other who have, what’s the ride quality like? I had planned to get them along with the Mopar lift, but not if the ride is crap

Naylorkyle

Reaction score
The front ORP springs are part # 68320249AB. I bought them from a dealer online. About $45 each
But that might be the issue I am having. I got under the truck yesterday and checked it out. Looks like the back shocks and springs work fine. The front does not move at all. Could the springs be way to stiff to allow movement? Gonna try putting the stock ones back on to see if they change the stiffness and the look. So, I may end up having a set to get rid of.
Really? Are they suppose to be a lot stiffer then the original front springs? Anyone else have this problem that added the ORP springs? I was hoping to get the extra inch or so without it changing ride quality.

Naylorkyle

Reaction score
I’d guess that’s what the issue is, you Can only preload a spring so much before it doesn’t really work with a given damper (shock) rate. Heck even the non ORP spring is about 1.5” worth of preload, however that is what the Fox shocks are designed for.

This is the reason so many people complain about a 2-2.5” spring preload lift ride quality, they are taking so much travel out of the suspension and using a stock shock not designed for the new spring rate.

I am trying a top hat 1/2” spacer for additional front lift. We’ll see how it works out.
Do you already have the mopar 2” fox lift? Let me know how the 1/2” top hat spacer works out.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you already have the mopar 2” fox lift? Let me know how the 1/2” top hat spacer works out.

Yep, I’ve had it for about a month now. There really should be no issues with a 1/2” spacer, as it doesn’t add a ton of length to the assembly since it’s only actually 3/8” worth of spacer to achieve 1/2”

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really? Are they suppose to be a lot stiffer then the original front springs? Anyone else have this problem that added the ORP springs? I was hoping to get the extra inch or so without it changing ride quality.

They’re actually a softer rate that the non ORP springs. since all these truck springs are progressive springs (which means the rate changes as they are compressed), they become much stiffer when you compress/preload them. So think about preloading an already 1” longer spring even more than a non ORP spring, on a shock that was not designed to handle that spring rate, that’s where you get that extra bounce from. The shock isn’t valved for that extra spring rate increase that occurs when you preload a spring too much.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a fox assembly compared to a stock assembly. Notice how the difference in the spacing of the coil is preloaded, now think of having a 1” taller spring preloaded in there, it would be stuffed!

Attachments

• F7726CFB-A05C-4373-9707-99D794923B53.jpeg
    F7726CFB-A05C-4373-9707-99D794923B53.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 3B3F2736-6A47-4DF5-B07B-C82FF87F23C3.jpeg
    3B3F2736-6A47-4DF5-B07B-C82FF87F23C3.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 287

jwilliams

Reaction score
Question for the group, if I install this system myself, does it affect the warranty? The attraction to the Mopar lift is that it retains your factory warranty. I can install it myself, but if it must be installed by a certified Ram tech to keep the warranty, then I may go a different route.

Any help on this would be appreciated (I searched and could not find an answer)

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for the group, if I install this system myself, does it affect the warranty? The attraction to the Mopar lift is that it retains your factory warranty. I can install it myself, but if it must be installed by a certified Ram tech to keep the warranty, then I may go a different route.

Any help on this would be appreciated (I searched and could not find an answer)

I was told by my dealer that the warranty on the parts stays, however i am on the hook for the “labor warranty” which i was ok with to save 800 bucks on install.

tedsterbv

Reaction score
My dealer is telling me the same thing. I have the 77072424 kit so the TSB is not applicable. The TSB only applies to the 77072424AA kit. Is this correct? What was your final outcome? I need proof if the 77072424 and 77072424AA are the same kit.

Well... I have great news! After being told NO, NO, NO for a few days, I can now confirm the following and my 77072424 lifted truck is going back to the dealer for the TSB spacer:

Currently, there is only the 77072424 kit!
The 77072424AA does not exist.
Currently, the 77072424AB can not be ordered and the dealer's system refers them to order the 77072424 kit.

I think there is an extreme lack of understanding of this kit and TSB by dealers. They just see the "AA" on the TSB and state there is nothing wrong with the 77072424 kit. Everyone just wants to say no so they don't have to deal with it (personal opinion). If you are dealing with a similar situation, I would highly recommend you call the dealer's part manager. Tell them to call Mopar accessories to confirm the "AA" kit doesn't exist and that the TSB write-up referring to the "AA" is a misprint. The TSB should read, "if you don't have the 77072424AB kit, you need the spacer, Period.

My dealer is ordering the spacers and will schedule this warranty service once the parts arrive. Costs are covered by FCA warranty because the dealer installed the 77072424 kit.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well... I have great news! After being told NO, NO, NO for a few days, I can now confirm the following and my 77072424 lifted truck is going back to the dealer for the TSB spacer:

Currently, there is only the 77072424 kit!
The 77072424AA does not exist.
Currently, the 77072424AB can not be ordered and the dealer's system refers them to order the 77072424 kit.

I think there is an extreme lack of understanding of this kit and TSB by dealers. They just see the "AA" on the TSB and state there is nothing wrong with the 77072424 kit. Everyone just wants to say no so they don't have to deal with it (personal opinion). If you are dealing with a similar situation, I would highly recommend you call the dealer's part manager. Tell them to call Mopar accessories to confirm the "AA" kit doesn't exist and that the TSB write-up referring to the "AA" is a misprint. The TSB should read, "if you don't have the 77072424AB kit, you need the spacer, Period.

My dealer is ordering the spacers and will schedule this warranty service once the parts arrive. Costs are covered by FCA warranty because the dealer installed the 77072424 kit.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

Glad you got it worked out!

CraigB

Reaction score
Here is a fox assembly compared to a stock assembly. Notice how the difference in the spacing of the coil is preloaded, now think of having a 1” taller spring preloaded in there, it would be stuffed!
I finally figured out the issue. After looking at photos posted here and online compared to my install. They put the seat for the spring upside down which is compressing the spring a lot more than usual
Taking it back into the dealer to have them redo it and redo the alignment. Is there any concern for the ORP spring being that compressed for an extended period of time?

Attachments

• 5CFC321C-ECB0-42FA-88E3-2FD86360D926.jpeg
    5CFC321C-ECB0-42FA-88E3-2FD86360D926.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 1CC7BF9D-A770-4E88-A9CA-565359BEBD4A.png
    1CC7BF9D-A770-4E88-A9CA-565359BEBD4A.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 245

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
I finally figured out the issue. After looking at photos posted here and online compared to my install. They put the seat for the spring upside down which is compressing the spring a lot more than usual
Taking it back into the dealer to have them redo it and redo the alignment. Is there any concern for the ORP spring being that compressed for an extended period of time?
Damn idiots. I’m guessing your ride will smooth out a TON once they flip the seat. Let us know how different the ride is once it’s fixed!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's crazy. I would have them take note of it in your account and if anything in relation to it fails it will be on their dime. That's the good thing about you doing it all at the dealership. Your ride will smooth out alot when they fix it.

As far as any concern, I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if you haven't put it in 4wd. If you have, there could be some premature wear on the cv joints as that angle has to be extreme the way it is sitting now.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Wow!! That explains why it looks so level too, probably a 4” lift up front!

I wouldn’t be concerned, i would just request them to leave the spring out of the truck for an extra hour or two to let it come back to full form.

Please report back with the ride quality, as i wanted to do the same but your post about ride made me change my mind.

Thanks!

Evo_KnEvo

Reaction score
I too am interested in the ride and what the rake looks like after it’s corrected. What a transformation from stock. Looks great.

CraigB

Reaction score
T
Wow!! That explains why it looks so level too, probably a 4” lift up front!

I wouldn’t be concerned, i would just request them to leave the spring out of the truck for an extra hour or two to let it come back to full form.

Please report back with the ride quality, as i wanted to do the same but your post about ride made me change my mind.

Thanks!
Thanks guys! Will update you once it’s done. Taking it in Monday.
Luckily I was out of town for several days, so truck has t gotten too much use since the install

ryanJ

Reaction score
I also purchased the mopar/fox 2” lift as well as the off road springs but have read mixed reviews on the ride quality which would be a deal breaker for me. Any chance that the original fox kit with the spacers could have a negative effect of the ride quality vs. the new kit with the extended shocks whole combined with the off road springs.
I purchased the cheaper kit (with spacers) under the impression that the ride quality would be the same

R

Rob5589

I also purchased the mopar/fox 2” lift as well as the off road springs but have read mixed reviews on the ride quality which would be a deal breaker for me. Any chance that the original fox kit with the spacers could have a negative effect of the ride quality vs. the new kit with the extended shocks whole combined with the off road springs.
I purchased the cheaper kit (with spacers) under the impression that the ride quality would be the same
There has to be some change in ride quality. You are preloading the spring to attain the increased height. Add in the orp spring and it is preloaded even further. How much is subjective.

Users who are viewing this thread