5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

CraigB

Reaction score
Do you have the updated kit with the spacer and then on top of that you did the ORP/Rebel springs? If so then maybe you are over what it calls for.
I did get the kit that had the extra spacer for the shocks. But I believe I read other people still had too much rake and still added the ORP spring

CraigB

Reaction score
Here are some before and after photos of the truck as well

Attachments

• IMG_5815.jpg
    IMG_5815.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_5818.jpg
    IMG_5818.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_5841.jpg
    IMG_5841.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_5843.jpg
    IMG_5843.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_5855.jpg
    IMG_5855.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_5854.jpg
    IMG_5854.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_5852.jpg
    IMG_5852.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_5856.jpg
    IMG_5856.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 431

Todd1500

Reaction score
They are Fuel Coupler 20x10 -18. with Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5R20LT
Interesting. Stay with me on this one for a second. I've been looking at the Fuel Sledges. What's really odd is that the Sledges come in both a -18mm and a -19mm offset. When I asked Custom Offset why, they told me that the -18s wouldn't clear my breaks. They said the -19s would. Seems so odd they would make two wheels so similar. Maybe they sold you the wrong ones?

Todd1500

Reaction score
Also, does your setup rub? Were any modifications made to the wheel wells?

Todd1500

Reaction score
Interesting. Stay with me on this one for a second. I've been looking at the Fuel Sledges. What's really odd is that the Sledges come in both a -18mm and a -19mm offset. When I asked Custom Offset why, they told me that the -18s wouldn't clear my breaks. They said the -19s would. Seems so odd they would make two wheels so similar. Maybe they sold you the wrong ones?
Looks like that's not likely. Answering my own post. Yours come in the 20x10s with-12, -18 & -24. Probably not the same issue.

tedsterbv

Reaction score
Hey guys... need a little help. First time posting on here. Stopped by the dealers yesterday to see about getting the spacer on the front of my mopar lift, which They installed last September. Of course they knew nothing about it but with TSB # and info I got on this thread I brought them up to speed, thanks for that! They looked into it and called me last night and their only hang up is that my lift # doesn’t have any letters behind it, so they are stuck. Any way I can help them link my lift to the AA lift? Which I’m assuming is the same but could be wrong. Thanks in advance!
My dealer is telling me the same thing. I have the 77072424 kit so the TSB is not applicable. The TSB only applies to the 77072424AA kit. Is this correct? What was your final outcome? I need proof if the 77072424 and 77072424AA are the same kit.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer is telling me the same thing. I have the 77072424 kit so the TSB is not applicable. The TSB only applies to the 77072424AA kit. Is this correct? What was your final outcome? I need proof if the 77072424 and 77072424AA are the same kit.

If anything, 77072424AA is the revised kit, and to my (and 3 dealers around me) knowledge doesn't exist....The most up to date 77072424 kits SHOULD come with the spacer. All 4 kits in stock at my dealers location with 77072424 as a part number included those ring spacers.

Tac747

Reaction score
The other issue is the sensors on the new tires and wheels. I ordered them from custom offsets, with the new sensors. The tires have 2 valve stems each. One as normal for the air, but there is another on the back side of the wheel. They seem to be too long cause the front wheels have started to shear off part of the valve stem. I am assuming it happens when I turn, somehow hitting the brake calipers or something. Custom Offsets has suggested I get shorter stems, but my dealer and local tire shop don't have them. Suggestions??
I am not trying to be a **** or anything but, What brand and model wheels are those. Just curious so I don't order the same ones. That could be really dangerous if it gets into the valve stem any farther when you are driving on the freeway and suffer a sudden deflation. I have never seen a wheel with valve stems on both sides. It looks to me that it is hitting the bolt that is shown in the second picture. I could be wrong. If it were me, I would take them back and swap them out for something that only has one valve stem.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Typically wheels use 2 valve stems to be nitrogen filled. The second one is for oxygen to be released as nitrogen pushes it out. I’ve never seen that on aftermarket wheels, but nearly certain there are plugs to fill the second valve stem hole.

CraigB

Reaction score
do you know the part number for the orp springs? I want to get them. Or does anyone know where to get them?
The front ORP springs are part # 68320249AB. I bought them from a dealer online. About $45 each
But that might be the issue I am having. I got under the truck yesterday and checked it out. Looks like the back shocks and springs work fine. The front does not move at all. Could the springs be way to stiff to allow movement? Gonna try putting the stock ones back on to see if they change the stiffness and the look. So, I may end up having a set to get rid of.

CraigB

Reaction score
I am not trying to be a **** or anything but, What brand and model wheels are those. Just curious so I don't order the same ones. That could be really dangerous if it gets into the valve stem any farther when you are driving on the freeway and suffer a sudden deflation. I have never seen a wheel with valve stems on both sides. It looks to me that it is hitting the bolt that is shown in the second picture. I could be wrong. If it were me, I would take them back and swap them out for something that only has one valve stem.
I had to do some research and found out that they aren't that uncommon. Alxmlr789 was correct, they are usually used when using nitrogen in a tire to allow the air to release. Some people also thought it has something to do with testing the air pressure while filling and others believe it has something to do with off roading and being able to lower the pressure in the tires (if the tire has some kind of inner bladder).
Anyhow, I plan to just put the original TPMS sensors from the old tires on these new ones and then replace the long valve stems on the inside with short valve stems or some sort of plug
I bought the tires and wheels from Custom Offsets. They haven't explained why there are two, only offered to refund me for the sensors. Will see if I get any more info out of them

Users who are viewing this thread