5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Maxram

Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll check the ground to well measurements as well.

On a side note, I was old there is always a difference in height between left and right side because the weight isn't the same. Usually the driver's side will settle a little lower than the passengers side.
That's true too can depend on how it settles.

fontpaul

Reaction score
Those Mopar wheels turned out nice!

Any rubbing?
thanks I do like them. If I have the wheel completely turned it does hit the plasic just a little bit. I trimmed less than an inch off the inner fender plastic with a Dremel and I was good,

siareone

Reaction score
So I just got my kit in and I was under the impression that the front struts needed a spacer because it didn't have one. Well actually they already have a set of spacers on them and they included a packaged with another set of spacers and the TSB. So the front ends up with 2 spacers. Not sure if this has be explained in other threads but I was kinda confused. Anyone that has these installed you might want to check that you actually have 2 spacers not just 1.

siareone

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a mistake in the insturctions for this kit? One area of the instructions calls out a nut that is used somewhere else and there are 2 other nuts that are left over that should be used in that location instead... You can clearly make the connection. Just curious if anyone else noticed this during the install.

SDVmnt

Reaction score
You need both spacers. I had the ready left SST and the Mopar lift both sitting on the floor and after looking over the components I went with the Mopar lift. The fox shocks won me over. Just installed 35 x12.5x22's Nitro Ridge Grapplers on stock wheels. Ride is amazing. The alignment I had done not so much. I'll get that figured out next week!

Attachments

• IMG_20190928_173757.jpg
    IMG_20190928_173757.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_20190928_173605.jpg
    IMG_20190928_173605.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 590

siareone

Reaction score
You need both spacers. I had the ready left SST and the Mopar lift both sitting on the floor and after looking over the components I went with the Mopar lift. The fox shocks won me over. Just installed 35 x12.5x22's Nitro Ridge Grapplers on stock wheels. Ride is amazing. The alignment I had done not so much. I'll get that figured out next week!

Did you do the install yourself?

siareone

Reaction score
I did. Instructions are good and it was easy. Just hard on my knees! Lol

Awesome. I am about to do the install myself but while looking over the I instructions and going through the parts I noticed a discrepancy. If you look at the photos I attached in step 61 it calls out the nut labeled as "U" well that nut is also called out in step 62. This nut not only doesn't fit the bolt called out in step 61. But the illustration does not match the nut. Also you are only given qty. 2 of nut "U". And it clearly needs to be used in step 62 for which it matches up to that bolt as well. I Believe this step should call out nut "O" witch matches the bolt and is given qty. 8 and is only used in the instructions x6. On the spacers for the rear shocks. So you are left with qty.2 that are not called out anywhere else. Possible that I got an old revision of these instructions? Mine are dated 4-10-18. Screenshot_20190929-104541_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20190929-104553_Drive.jpg

SDVmnt

Reaction score
I saw the same thing. The smaller black bolt goes through the bottom in step 61. Front side step 62 are the larger bolts with orange locktite on them.

I honestly thought the rear was a bigger PITA than the front. Having an extra hand would have helped getting the trackbar hooked back up. Other than that, it's very straightforward.

Forgot one of the bump stops on the front passenger side shock. Had it all back apart and back together in 30 minutes. Having the right sockets and keeping them handy saves 50% of the time I swear!

siareone

Reaction score
I saw the same thing. The smaller black bolt goes through the bottom in step 61. Front side step 62 are the larger bolts with orange locktite on them.

I honestly thought the rear was a bigger PITA than the front. Having an extra hand would have helped getting the trackbar hooked back up. Other than that, it's very straightforward.

Forgot one of the bump stops on the front passenger side shock. Had it all back apart and back together in 30 minutes. Having the right sockets and keeping them handy saves 50% of the time I swear!
[/QUOTE]

Ok so i'm not crazy. lol. Also the "P" bolt is M8 vs the "U" nut is M10 so they clearly don't match up. So this step should call out nut "O".
Hope my install goes smoothly. I will being doing it by myself so. fingers crossed. lol

Last edited:

Toothninja

Reaction score
So, I bought a 2wd thinking that lift kits galore would be available. Coming from a Jeep family, I am not taking my daily driver off road, I just want it to look good! I was thinking that 4-6inches would be easily achievable. I was wrong. My question becomes how much lift does a 2inch kit give a 2wd. Yes, I know it’ll give me 2 inches, but will a 2wd always be a little shorter than 4wd. Is there a height difference between 2wd and 4wd at stock? Can I purchase ORP front springs to give a little more clearance for some 35s?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So, I bought a 2wd thinking that lift kits galore would be available. Coming from a Jeep family, I am not taking my daily driver off road, I just want it to look good! I was thinking that 4-6inches would be easily achievable. I was wrong. My question becomes how much lift does a 2inch kit give a 2wd. Yes, I know it’ll give me 2 inches, but will a 2wd always be a little shorter than 4wd. Is there a height difference between 2wd and 4wd at stock? Can I purchase ORP front springs to give a little more clearance for some 35s?

Nothing wrong with that, 2wd lifted is common in my parts because of desert, 2wd with AT tires and locker is all you usually need.

As for the stock ride height, I'm pretty sure on the RAM, they are exactly the same height between 2wd vs 4wd, at least for the Rebel they are identical. The level kits are the same for either as well.

The difference would be if the 2WD is stock height and the 4WD has the ORP package, but if both the 2WD and 4WD have the same stock suspension, I think they are both the same ride height.

Maxram

Reaction score
CST has a 4" spindle front lift for around $900 with brake lines for the 2WD. Get spacers for the back, probably 1.5"-2.5" and basically have a 4" lift for a little over 1k. That's not bad!

Toothninja

Reaction score
Thank you Maxram and SDRebel for you thoughts. It has made me feel much better about my investment. I didn’t need 4wd or much less the 2500 diesel that I traded in. Saved some money and got a good deal along the way. Now, does anyone have any experience with CST’s lifts? Has anyone used them for their 4” spindle lift??

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you Maxram and SDRebel for you thoughts. It has made me feel much better about my investment. I didn’t need 4wd or much less the 2500 diesel that I traded in. Saved some money and got a good deal along the way. Now, does anyone have any experience with CST’s lifts? Has anyone used them for their 4” spindle lift??
There is a member or two here that have it installed. Can’t remember who. You maybe can find them with a search. CST makes good stuff, shouldn’t have any issues.

siareone

Reaction score
With the spacer, I belive (don't quote me on this) there will be two "rings" around the shock, as they had to add an additional spacer. Where as the updated lift kit (again don't quote me on this) I believe only has the 1 spacer at the new height/additional 1".

I could be wrong however as I have not had a chance to see both side by side to compare.

Here is what mine looks like (the updated lift system that dosen't require the additional spacer)
View attachment 26876
Adding the spacer to older lift kit (below)
View attachment 26877
How can you tell that you have the newer kit?

Users who are viewing this thread