5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just received my 2” Mopar lift kit yesterday and the Fox shocks part number ends in AA. They did include the extra spacers packaged with my kit though. The dealer is installing Tuesday so I’ll take some before and after measurements.
So just got my Ram back from the dealer today. A 5 hour install turned into 2 1/2 days. I took some measurements before and after lift (Center of hub to bottom of fender). Before Lift, 21 3/4" Front and 24" Back. After Lift, Front - 24" and Back - 26 1/4" . It looks like I gained 2 1/4 both front and back after the lift. The part number for my lift did not indicate AB or AA but the additional spacers mentioned in the TSB were included. I attached before and after photos. Tomorrow I'm having a set of Ridgle Grapplers 35x12.5r22 installed on factory 22s.

Attachments

• PreLift.jpg
    PreLift.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 736
  • PostLift.jpg
    PostLift.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 744

Todd1500

Reaction score
So just got my Ram back from the dealer today. A 5 hour install turned into 2 1/2 days. I took some measurements before and after lift (Center of hub to bottom of fender). Before Lift, 21 3/4" Front and 24" Back. After Lift, Front - 24" and Back - 26 1/4" . It looks like I gained 2 1/4 both front and back after the lift. The part number for my lift did not indicate AB or AA but the additional spacers mentioned in the TSB were included. I attached before and after photos. Tomorrow I'm having a set of Ridgle Grapplers 35x12.5r22 installed on factory 22s.

Very curious to hear if you have to trim anything to prevent rubbing.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll update tomorrow with results. Discount Tire said if they don’t fit they will put my old tires back and there would be no charge. They’ve assured me they will fit with the 2 inch lift. Guess we’ll know tomorrow.

Bhew123

Reaction score
Thinking of doing the 2” Mopar lift. Would it be plausible to do this set up and a 2 in motofab level to achieve a level truck? Has anyone done this?

Maxram

Reaction score
Thinking of doing the 2” Mopar lift. Would it be plausible to do this set up and a 2 in motofab level to achieve a level truck? Has anyone done this?

Wont work! Your best bet (if you dont have an off road package truck) would be to add ORP springs in the front with the mopar kit. This will lift your front by roughly 3in.

Todd1500

Reaction score
Interesting part of the sevice bulletin:

"NOTE: This condition only happens on lift kit PN 77072424AA. Lift kit PN 77072424AB willhave the updated front shocks and will not need to use the spacers."

I was under the impression that the new lift kit would have a larger spacer, but this says it will acutally have different shocks.

Todd1500

Reaction score
I'm curious to know how going from the +19.05mm factory offset wheels to a 0 offset wheel will affect clearance. Does anyone know? I'm hoping to run some 35x12.5s (that are actually 34.5" according to the offical stats) on wheels with a 0 offset. I see people on this thread running 35x11.5s on factory wheels, and the SEMA truck was running the 2" lift with BFG 35x12.5s. Just curious if it will fit without trimming?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Interesting part of the sevice bulletin:

"NOTE: This condition only happens on lift kit PN 77072424AA. Lift kit PN 77072424AB willhave the updated front shocks and will not need to use the spacers."

I was under the impression that the new lift kit would have a larger spacer, but this says it will acutally have different shocks.
The difference in shock is only supposed to be the location of the spring perch which will sit higher removing the need for a spacer.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Just got home from Discount Tire to have my Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed. So the 35x12.5r22s fit with NO trimming BUT it's damn close. Maybe 1/16 of an inch from rubbing. In any case, it's just very flexible rubbery plastic that it comes close to. I'm not too concerned and I don't think I'll trim anything. A few photos attached.

Attachments

• file2.jpeg
    file2.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 662
  • file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 680
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 668
  • file3.jpeg
    file3.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 603

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got home from Discount Tire to have my Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed. So the 35x12.5r22s fit with NO trimming BUT it's damn close. Maybe 1/16 of an inch from rubbing. In any case, it's just very flexible rubbery plastic that it comes close to. I'm not too concerned and I don't think I'll trim anything. A few photos attached.

How do you like it so far? Is the rake ok or is it bad to you?

How's the ride between stock then to lift on stock tires and then to lift with new tires?

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do you like it so far? Is the rake ok or is it bad to you?

How's the ride between stock then to lift on stock tires and then to lift with new tires?
I love it so far. The same rake is still there but it’s not quite as noticeable to me. Between the lift and tires it’s 4” higher and maybe hides the rake better (if that makes sense). As far as the ride, just adding the lift was close to factory but maybe ever so slightly stiffer on the highway. I don’t really go off road so can’t comment on that. Replacing the tires changed the ride slightly also. Just a little more noise but not too significant in my opinion. All around, I’d say a huge improvement!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love it so far. The same rake is still there but it’s not quite as noticeable to me. Between the lift and tires it’s 4” higher and maybe hides the rake better (if that makes sense). As far as the ride, just adding the lift was close to factory but maybe ever so slightly stiffer on the highway. I don’t really go off road so can’t comment on that. Replacing the tires changed the ride slightly also. Just a little more noise but not too significant in my opinion. All around, I’d say a huge improvement!

Great to hear! Post a ton more pictures! I want mine to look like that. I have a black laramie sport so I need to swap out my decals for black, but I do like my 20" wheels for now. I think I will keep them and get the lift and tires and then do wheels down the road.

Bhew123

Reaction score

Did you trade in your stock 285/45 and if so how much did they give you for them. And how many miles were on them? Truck looks great.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you trade in your stock 285/45 and if so how much did they give you for them. And how many miles were on them? Truck looks great.
Thanks. They kept them but didn’t give me anything on trade. Only had 7700 miles. Should have asked for them back and tried to sell on FB.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. They kept them but didn’t give me anything on trade. Only had 7700 miles. Should have asked for them back and tried to sell on FB.

I sold mine for 600 on Facebook with a set of wheels (1200) to a Silverado owner. 1800 total felt like i made out like a bandit. My tires had 20 miles on them though

siareone

Reaction score
Newbie here and need some help. So I'm looking to put the 2" Mopar lift kit on my 2019 1500. And i see a lot of people saying they used the ORP springs to achieve a more level truck when its all said and done. I understand that the ORP springs are roughly 1" longer then stock but if they are crammed into the same space how exactly does that give you more lift? In other words if you put your stock springs on the new strut they are compressed between point A-B. Wouldn't the ORP spring just be more compressed then the stock spring? How does this give you more lift?

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Newbie here and need some help. So I'm looking to put the 2" Mopar lift kit on my 2019 1500. And i see a lot of people saying they used the ORP springs to achieve a more level truck when its all said and done. I understand that the ORP springs are roughly 1" longer then stock but if they are crammed into the same space how exactly does that give you more lift? In other words if you put your stock springs on the new shock they are compressed between point A-B. Wouldn't the ORP spring just be more compressed then the stock spring? How does this give you more lift?

Springs are what holds the vehicle up on the suspension, a longer spring (assuming similar stiffness) would result in a higher ride height. That's why basic leveling lifts are just spring spacers, used to add additional height to a stock spring.

The shocks have no effect on ride height, they are only there to control dampening & rebound, to help control how the spring moves up and down, but not height. They can however effect droop, which is how far the suspension extends out, which is limited to how far the shock extends, but not the ride height.

siareone

Reaction score
Springs are what holds the vehicle up on the suspension, a longer spring (assuming similar stiffness) would result in a higher ride height. That's why basic leveling lifts are just spring spacers, used to add additional height to a stock spring.

The shocks have no effect on ride height, they are only there to control dampening & rebound, to help control how the spring moves up and down, but not height. They can however effect droop, which is how far the suspension extends out, which is limited to how far the shock extends, but not the ride height.

I understand that. But if the spring is compressed into the same space on the strut as the stock spring, I still do not understand how it give lift. I understand putting a spacer on top of the strut/shock. But this is not the same case as i understand it. In this kit on the front you are taking the spring off the front strut and replacing it with the ORP spring on the fox strut instead of using the stock spring. But whether or not you are using the stock or the ORP spring they are still compressed in the same area. As far as i can see i don't see how putting the ORP springs will give the strut another physical 1".. Unless it means the spring is being compressed more and therefore more stiff so the front end wouldn't sag as much.. That makes more sense but i am just not sure. But if that is the case does that make the front more stiff as well by using the ORP springs.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I understand that. But if the spring is compressed into the same space on the strut as the stock spring, I still do not understand how it give lift. I understand putting a spacer on top of the strut/shock. But this is not the same case as i understand it. In this kit on the front you are taking the spring off the front strut and replacing it with the ORP spring on the fox strut instead of using the stock spring. But whether or not you are using the stock or the ORP spring they are still compressed in the same area. As far as i can see i don't see how putting the ORP springs will give the strut another physical 1".. Unless it means the spring is being compressed more and therefore more stiff so the front end wouldn't sag as much.. That makes more sense but i am just not sure. But if that is the case does that make the front more stiff as well by using the ORP springs.

I think I understand what you're thinking, but it's not correct. The spring/shock is not compressed in some fixed area that limits it's length. In fact its the opposite, the spring stiffness and height determines how much static space there will be between the suspension arms.

The shock doesn't capture the spring in any way. It sits inside the spring and aids in how the spring moves up and down, but doesn't limit it in any way. The suspension the shock/spring are connected to have a lot of travel up and down. The taller springs means the suspension is extended farther and gives the higher ride height.

You are right in that a stiffer spring of the same length will have similar effect, but would hurt the ride. That's why a longer spring instead of a stiffer one is preferred to help maintain a smoother stock ride while offering a higher ride height.

That's why when people want to lower a car for cheap, they simply cut the springs or buy shorter springs. Adding a spacer to the spring or getting taller spring does the opposite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread