5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

cwolf908

Reaction score
I have checked with every dealer within 100 miles of sacramento ca. and no one will install the mopar lift unless you have a crew cab with the 5'7" bed. Believe me I have tried to get the mopar lift on my quad cab with the 6'4" bed.

Does anyone here have this kit installed on a Quad Cab/6'4" bed? I'm looking to add the same kit to my truck (6'4" Quad) and I'm being denied PURCHASE of the kit just because of my VIN. Can anyone confirm that the kit does indeed work on the Quads?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone here have this kit installed on a Quad Cab/6'4" bed? I'm looking to add the same kit to my truck (6'4" Quad) and I'm being denied PURCHASE of the kit just because of my VIN. Can anyone confirm that the kit does indeed work on the Quads?
Somebody has it on a quad cab. I don’t remember if it was on here or on Facebook but they didn’t have any issues.

cwolf908

Reaction score
Somebody has it on a quad cab. I don’t remember if it was on here or on Facebook but they didn’t have any issues.

Thanks man. I think I found the post, but the dealership is denying my purchase and Mopar Performance says that it's not engineered or compatible to be installed on my truck. Running into some roadblocks here.

Drew1man

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
TSB Attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/05jowxi0bsghf4l/Front Suspension Lift.pdf?dl=0

Note, if you have the new Model # lift kit - the spacer pictured below (#2) is not necessary as the updated shocks are designed with the additional 1" already.

View attachment 22792
I’ve purchased and received my kit and despite all efforts in trying to get the newer version, It appears I may have received the old one based on that the Fox shocks package states AA on it and mfr date is 2018. I’m posting pics to ensure I’m correct in this assumption. Also, it looks like they included the extra spacers in kit (pic uploaded), is this correct or do I need to ask dealer to still supply when installing? Thanks!!
TSB Attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/05jowxi0bsghf4l/Front Suspension Lift.pdf?dl=0

Note, if you have the new Model # lift kit - the spacer pictured below (#2) is not necessary as the updated shocks are designed with the additional 1" already.

View attachment 22792

I’ve received my kit and despite all efforts it appears I have received the older version. I’m including pictures to ensure I’m correct, but the mfr date is 2018 & Fox shocks say AA on package. But kit looks like it may have included added spacer. Based on pics, am I correct in my thoughts here or do I need to ask dealer to supply extra 1” spacers when getting installed? Thanks!! Once completed, I’ll upload pics and info to share.

Attachments

• 687EB3D6-CC21-4C94-B18F-42E6950F16B6.jpeg
    687EB3D6-CC21-4C94-B18F-42E6950F16B6.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 183
  • 6CC10B45-8293-4C25-BDB2-35426BF42D08.jpeg
    6CC10B45-8293-4C25-BDB2-35426BF42D08.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 193582B4-0F69-4A3D-AF1E-2029B90ABCD5.jpeg
    193582B4-0F69-4A3D-AF1E-2029B90ABCD5.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 089DD074-33EB-41D9-9487-E57FF80BB214.jpeg
    089DD074-33EB-41D9-9487-E57FF80BB214.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 173

sergetexan

Reaction score
Got my lift done over the weekend. 2 inch mopar lift with the ORP springs. Within 1/2 inch of level. Loving it!! Thanks to all for answering my questions in the beginning.
Excellent , exactly look and height I was looking for my 2 wd Ram, what’s your thoughts on how it handles now, and impact on mpg with lift and larger tires?

jwiley386

Reaction score
question for jwiley386. do you have air suspension

Negative sir, opted out of the Air Suspension as it won't allow for 35" tires on the highway when the aero-mode kicks in and lowers the truck automatically once you are over 50-60mph (I can't remember it exactly)

Had I gone air suspension the most I could fit would have been 33-34" tires, unless I went aftermarket lift - which wasn't an option as the warranty is important for me.

jwiley386

Reaction score
I’ve purchased and received my kit and despite all efforts in trying to get the newer version, It appears I may have received the old one based on that the Fox shocks package states AA on it and mfr date is 2018. I’m posting pics to ensure I’m correct in this assumption. Also, it looks like they included the extra spacers in kit (pic uploaded), is this correct or do I need to ask dealer to still supply when installing? Thanks!!

I’ve received my kit and despite all efforts it appears I have received the older version. I’m including pictures to ensure I’m correct, but the mfr date is 2018 & Fox shocks say AA on package. But kit looks like it may have included added spacer. Based on pics, am I correct in my thoughts here or do I need to ask dealer to supply extra 1” spacers when getting installed? Thanks!! Once completed, I’ll upload pics and info to share.

Looks like you did in fact receive the 1st gen - no big deal, dealership will add spacers that came with it and install and you're good to go. It sits exactly the same as the 2nd gen - just w/o the extra install, which the dealer pays for anyway under the TSB.

Good luck!

Hawk6815

Reaction score
My wife just bought a Kit off eBay for $990 shipped. It’s not the AB Kit with the different shocks, but it did include the TSB spacers within the Kit. I’ll probably install it myself Saturday.

Aberamrod19

Reaction score
Negative sir, opted out of the Air Suspension as it won't allow for 35" tires on the highway when the aero-mode kicks in and lowers the truck automatically once you are over 50-60mph (I can't remember it exactly)

Had I gone air suspension the most I could fit would have been 33-34" tires, unless I went aftermarket lift - which wasn't an option as the warranty is important for me.
Thanks for info

ryanJ

Reaction score
Please correct me if i'm wrong

- Old lift package contained spacers, new package has extended shocks so additional spacers are not needed (stock set up should have one spacer per side that remains)
- New package doesn't offer any performance advantage over the old package that uses spacers
- I can get the Off Road Package front springs in addition to this lift to raise the front an additional 1" totaling roughly 3" front 2" back
- Get it aligned at it should ride/drive as good or better than stock

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please correct me if i'm wrong

- Old lift package contained spacers, new package has extended shocks so additional spacers are not needed (stock set up should have one spacer per side that remains)
- New package doesn't offer any performance advantage over the old package that uses spacers
- I can get the Off Road Package front springs in addition to this lift to raise the front an additional 1" totaling roughly 3" front 2" back
- Get it aligned at it should ride/drive as good or better than stock
Correct. The Mopar lift plus offroad package springs will give you the look of the 3.5" lifts but much much better ride quality and all Mopar parts.

Todd1500

Reaction score
Got my lift done over the weekend. 2 inch mopar lift with the ORP springs. Within 1/2 inch of level. Loving it!! Thanks to all for answering my questions in the beginning.
Looks great! Very similar to what I'm looking to do (same lift/tires, different wheels). Any rubbing at full turn? Did you have to modify the wheel wells at all?

U

User_21361

Will the new kit work on a Rebel? If yes, what sort of additional height should I expect. Sorry if this has been answered, its a long thread and I tried searching and paging through haha.

moparleo51

Reaction score
? i have the off road package and i read somewhere that i cannot do the 2" lift due to the off road package has a different shock setup, al i want to do is make it more level.thanks

ryanJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Can anyone confirm this is the # for the ORP springs?
68320249AB
Also, what parameters am I working with when it come to offset on wheels, planning on 33-35” tires. Assuming wheel size doesn’t effect this, only over all tire size.

Users who are viewing this thread