5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up a 77072424 (non AA or AB) from a local dealer and they included two of these 15mm spacer for the front. These were in the sealed lift kit box, not additional parts.

Attachments

• D23FEA31-6FF2-4753-96E5-EA5B97A9CAF2.jpeg
    D23FEA31-6FF2-4753-96E5-EA5B97A9CAF2.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 208

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Let us know how the install goes. Nice to see you can use a regular spring compressor to transfer the spring.

Halfpint81

Reaction score
So if you don’t add the rear spacers, could you use it to just bring up the front end and have better suspension?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So if you don’t add the rear spacers, could you use it to just bring up the front end and have better suspension?

I guess you could, but i have never been a fan of using different shocks on two different axles. I will measure the front to rear shock lengths for you, to see what the smallest spacer you could use is.

I will say as of right now i just dropped the truck with just the front done and it’s perfectly level. 39.75 ground to fender and 24.25 hub to fender front to rear.

Halfpint81

Reaction score
I guess you could, but i have never been a fan of using different shocks on two different axles. I will measure the front to rear shock lengths for you, to see what the smallest spacer you could use is.

I will say as of right now i just dropped the truck with just the front done and it’s perfectly level. 39.75 ground to fender and 24.25 hub to fender front to rear.

I would switch the back shocks out as well, I just wouldn’t add the spacers.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would switch the back shocks out as well, I just wouldn’t add the spacers.

You might lose a spring that way. Your shocks are what is determining down travel in the rear, so if your shocks go full extension at 2” longer without the spring being 2” longer, you’ll have a 2” gap for a loose spring at full extension.

Halfpint81

Reaction score
You might lose a spring that way. Your shocks are what is determining down travel in the rear, so if your shocks go full extension at 2” longer without the spring being 2” longer, you’ll have a 2” gap for a loose spring at full extension.
Oh okay thank you. I will just level my truck the normal way then.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh okay thank you. I will just level my truck the normal way then.

I would wait for bilstein 5100’s. The readylift kit I’m just not sure of. I had it installed and took it out before i finished the install due to the knuckle clearance

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the guys fish tailing, did you guys air down? If you have 35” E tires at 55-65 psi in the back unloaded, that’s potentially part of it. My truck felt like this stock before I aired them down to reality.

R

Rob5589

Just an FYI to everyone looking into this kit. It’s definitely a preload style kit. The shocks are maybe 5-6mm longer total. Here is a comparison of stock assembly vs a fox assembly.
So, are the coils new, or does it re-use the originals? If new, did you happen to measure the wire diameter? Probably just the online pic but the Fox looks thicker.

Maxram

Reaction score
Can anyone answer these questions on this kit? If used on a ORP truck, am I now at 3" total in front? And if I use the spacers in the back will I still have a rake? Or just do the front and only the shocks in back, no spacer? Would that level it out? Lastly, this kit comes with new UCA's, would those not be sufficient to deal with the 3" up front? If that's the case, then I'm looking at adding UCA's from readylift, tuff country, etc?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone answer these questions on this kit? If used on a ORP truck, am I now at 3" total in front? And if I use the spacers in the back will I still have a rake? Or just do the front and only the shocks in back, no spacer? Would that level it out? Lastly, this kit comes with new UCA's, would those not be sufficient to deal with the 3" up front? If that's the case, then I'm looking at adding UCA's from readylift, tuff country, etc?

You will be somewhere between 2" and 3" in the front because of your ORP Springs but it probably won't net you a full 3" over a stock truck. If you put the spacer in the back you will have rake. Someone else recently posted that you will need to use the rear spacer if you do decide to use the rear shock or it can cause issues with the spring. Only way around it is to not do anything to the rear but then you will have FOX in the front and Mopar in the rear. If you are using this strictly for looks I think you will be fine with the UCA's they provide. If you intend on doing true offroading and have full articulation on the components I would invest in Readylift UCA's.

MagMan1379

Reaction score
TSB Attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/05jowxi0bsghf4l/Front Suspension Lift.pdf?dl=0

Note, if you have the new Model # lift kit - the spacer pictured below (#2) is not necessary as the updated shocks are designed with the additional 1" already.

View attachment 22792

UPDATE: if you have this lift kit, and it’s the AA shocks with the rake, it IS covered under B2B warranty, and shall be paid for by the dealership under warranty. See MOPAR Parts and Accesories Limited Warranty. Any installed MOPAR performance part installed under during B2B is covered under B2B. Parts outside B2B are still under warranty based on where it was installed. Hopefully this wasn’t already stated somewhere else.

Tipsterpfd

Reaction score
UPDATE: if you have this lift kit, and it’s the AA shocks with the rake, it IS covered under B2B warranty, and shall be paid for by the dealership under warranty. See MOPAR Parts and Accesories Limited Warranty. Any installed MOPAR performance part installed under during B2B is covered under B2B. Parts outside B2B are still under warranty based on where it was installed. Hopefully this wasn’t already stated somewhere else.
So let me get this straight, if I install the mopar kit I will still have a rake and not a level. That's if it is installed to full factory specs.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, if I install the mopar kit I will still have a rake and not a level. That's if it is installed to full factory specs.

Finished the kit today. I have 1.75” worth of take WITH the included spacer. I got 2.5(ish just a hair under) worth of lift in the front and 2” on the nose in the rear I couldn’t imagine it without the spacer.

Users who are viewing this thread