5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, if I install the mopar kit I will still have a rake and not a level. That's if it is installed to full factory specs.
Note that you could also add the springs from the off-road package in the front and that would give you another .75-1” of lift, leaving you with less than an inch of rake.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Note that you could also add the springs from the off-road package in the front and that would give you another .75-1” of lift, leaving you with less than an inch of rake.

Ksn- did you try this? I was under the impression that the actual shock was longer, but it’s a preload style strut. You may end up with a tough ride if you compress a 1” longer spring into the Fox shock, which i think is why they say it’s not compatible.

R

Rob5589

Finished the kit today. I have 1.75” worth of take WITH the included spacer. I got 2.5(ish just a hair under) worth of lift in the front and 2” on the nose in the rear I couldn’t imagine it without the spacer.
Interesting. So if you forego the rear spacer, you'd be about .5" rear rake?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ksn- did you try this? I was under the impression that the actual shock was longer, but it’s a preload style strut. You may end up with a tough ride if you compress a 1” longer spring into the Fox shock, which i think is why they say it’s not compatible.
I have not. I have the Readylift level. The off-road package trucks get their lift from a longer spring, the strut is the same length. Another member or two have done this on this forum though and are happy with it. It makes the truck almost level.

Longhorn 66

Reaction score
Hello to all. New to the board but have watched for months. I just did 2 in mopar lift with updated spacer and did the ORP springs in the front. I still have 1.5" of rake. I have a long horn edition with no ORP. Does any one have any ideas why i am still way off level ? Spacers appear to be in right . Is there some thing in the rear that may have not been removed? From what i have been reading on here, I should be within a .5 in. or so of being level. Thanks for any help or suggestions .

Last edited:

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello to all. New to the board but have watched for months. I just did 2 in mopar lift with updated spacer and did the ORP shocks in the front. I still have 1.5" of rake. I have a long horn edition with no ORP. Does any one have any ideas why i am still way off level ? Spacers appear to be in right . Is there some thing in the rear that may have not been removed? From what i have been reading on here, I should be within a .5 in. or so of being level. Thanks for any help or suggestions .

Mine has about 1.75 too, which I’m ok with for towing. If this lift was actually a level it would be close to 4” in the front....

Longhorn 66

Reaction score
I've got 1" spacers that i can replace the back 2" ones with, so i can attack it from that angle i quess. Wondered if the springs in a longhorn are different length or different setup. I would really love to get one more inch of rake out.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got 1" spacers that i can replace the back 2" ones with, so i can attack it from that angle i quess. Wondered if the springs in a longhorn are different length or different setup. I would really love to get one more inch of rake out.

You could do that but then the shocks are no longer the limiting factor in downward travel, it would be the end links. Not to mention the track bar extension is also designed for a 2” lift in the rear.

That may be your only two issues with a 1” spacer and the fox shocks

Longhorn 66

Reaction score
My dealer has a great service department and they said i could do it with no issues and keep everything the way it is. Who knows if they really know or not. I had a readylift 3.5 that i removed. The back of the truck looks like it sets higher with the mopar lift.

Last edited:

cwolf908

Reaction score
My dealer has a great service department and they said i could do it with no issues and keep everything the way it is. Who knows if they really know or not. I had a readylift 3.5 that i removed. The back of the truck looks like it sets higher with the mopar lift.

If you don't mind my asking: why did you choose to remove the readylift 3.5 and switch to the Mopar lift? I'm currently deciding between the two and think I prefer the OEM nature of the Mopar, but I'm getting tired of waiting for the update "AB" kit.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't mind my asking: why did you choose to remove the readylift 3.5 and switch to the Mopar lift? I'm currently deciding between the two and think I prefer the OEM nature of the Mopar, but I'm getting tired of waiting for the update "AB" kit.

I honestly don't think there is going to be an AB version. After reviewing the kit and installing one for myself, it appears (can't say for sure) but the OP does indeed have the extra ring, I circled where you can see the split in the two rings in his photo and I will do the same for mine. I have a close friend who works as a parts manager and he stated there is absolutely nothing in the system regarding an AB kit. He said he sees the TSB attached to the labor, but that (perch ring) part is now included in the box with instructions to install. Mopar customer service had no sign of an updated AB kit. Not trying to call anyone's bluff or anything, Jwiley and I have talked extensively about the kit on instagram. But after my due diligence, i don't see them releasing a revision.

If you really wanted to get it closer to level, i would add another ring to raise the spring perch a little higher (this will preload the spring a bit more) or throw a 1/2 lift spacer on top of the whole assembly. After reviewing it and installing the kit, I think the Mopar control arm can handle it. I wouldn't go any bigger though.

Attachments

• C2AEB892-CDDD-42B4-9715-7816A5BE2474.jpeg
    C2AEB892-CDDD-42B4-9715-7816A5BE2474.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 274

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I don't see how the dealer can say that with confidence. You don't want a 2" longer shock if you don't have a 2" longer spacer. You'd be better off going back to the stock rear shocks with a 1" spacer.

While I highly doubt you will have issues, the fact that your shocks will be 1" longer than the spring assembly will leave a 1" void on full-extension, so instead of the shock being your limiting suspension travel factor, your swaybar endlinks will be, and those ball joints in the endlinks will definitely pop with that much downward pressure. Now...I will say you'll probably never lift a wheel or get airborne on normal driving but anything is possible. They would also need to modify or remove the track bar extension with a 1" spacer. It's designed for a 2" lift and will move the axle (horizontally) out of alignment, and that would be no bueno for your thrust angle. Again i think you'd be better off with no trackbar extension on a 1" spacer.

Longhorn 66

Reaction score
The ride was terrible . With no aftermarket shocks in site on top of the extended warranty i have , it was a no brainer. The truck rides 100 times better . Hands down. I got the AA kit with updated spacer ring. I priced FOX shocks seperate from the mopar kit , they were $2200. Kit was $1150. So i decided to change over . Dont regret it one bit.

Longhorn 66

Reaction score
I don't see how the dealer can say that with confidence. You don't want a 2" longer shock if you don't have a 2" longer spacer. You'd be better off going back to the stock rear shocks with a 1" spacer.

While I highly doubt you will have issues, the fact that your shocks will be 1" longer than the spring assembly will leave a 1" void on full-extension, so instead of the shock being your limiting suspension travel factor, your swaybar endlinks will be, and those ball joints in the endlinks will definitely pop with that much downward pressure. Now...I will say you'll probably never lift a wheel or get airborne on normal driving but anything is possible. They would also need to modify or remove the track bar extension with a 1" spacer. It's designed for a 2" lift and will move the axle (horizontally) out of alignment, and that would be no bueno for your thrust angle. Again i think you'd be better off with no trackbar extension on a 1" spacer.
The whole Mopar kit is designed with flexability in mind. They would not have added the spacer with out changing the control arms from the original kit. From what i was told, the track bar and shock travel would not come into play unless i eliminated the spacer all together. In other words , a 2-3 in. drop would need to be addressed. With the extra spacer and the ORP springs , my ball joints angles are fine. To me that backs up what i was told. Either way , i am covered under extended warranty for along time. If it fails, its on them.

Last edited:

Longhorn 66

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all this info. It is greatly appreciated !!! Keep it coming!

Longhorn 66

Reaction score
The whole Mopar kit is designed with flexability in mind. They would not have added the spacer with out changing the control arms from the original kit. From what i was told, the track bar and shock travel would not come into play unless i eliminated the spacer all together. In other words , a 2-3 in. drop would need to be addressed. With the extra spacer and the ORP springs , my ball joints angles are fine. To me that backs up what i was told. Either way , i am covered under extended warranty for along time. If it fails, its on them.
Did not mean to be all over the place there . the front end part was to show the flexability i was referring too .

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Fair enough! I wouldn’t mind dipping my rear another 1” too so let me know how it works out please.

Just for clarity, you have the front ORP spring with the Mopar lift?

Longhorn 66

Reaction score
I should get spacers installed first of next week. I will update you when i have firm info. Also the hellwig swaybar goes in as well ,with adjustable links.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread