5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Longhorn 66

Reaction score
I honestly don't think there is going to be an AB version. After reviewing the kit and installing one for myself, it appears (can't say for sure) but the OP does indeed have the extra ring, I circled where you can see the split in the two rings in his photo and I will do the same for mine. I have a close friend who works as a parts manager and he stated there is absolutely nothing in the system regarding an AB kit. He said he sees the TSB attached to the labor, but that (perch ring) part is now included in the box with instructions to install. Mopar customer service had no sign of an updated AB kit. Not trying to call anyone's bluff or anything, Jwiley and I have talked extensively about the kit on instagram. But after my due diligence, i don't see them releasing a revision.

If you really wanted to get it closer to level, i would add another ring to raise the spring perch a little higher (this will preload the spring a bit more) or throw a 1/2 lift spacer on top of the whole assembly. After reviewing it and installing the kit, I think the Mopar control arm can handle it. I wouldn't go any bigger though.

I have the extra spacer stacked on the original. With my ball joints still in good graces , I think the safe bet is to address it from the rear. In the old days of leaf springs , a inch was a inch. With the "Geometry" involved in the new stuff, its above my pay grade sometimes trying to figure this s--- out. My opinion after really seeing the ball joint angles, I think any more, and i would need aftermarket control arms and that throws a monkey wrench in the warranty of the mopar kit.

Tac747

Reaction score
I also would pull the RL 3.5 off and use the factory mopar lift if only they would approve it for the quad cab or if I could find a dealer to install it.
I also cannot believe it has taken bilstein and Fox well over a year and counting, and still they have not come out with shocks for this truck.

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe it as it seems a lot of the 4thgen vendors are afraid of the DT models. Heck look how long it took Mopar to start throwing us some bones parts wise. :(

BigD23

Reaction score
Hey guys... need a little help. First time posting on here. Stopped by the dealers yesterday to see about getting the spacer on the front of my mopar lift, which They installed last September. Of course they knew nothing about it but with TSB # and info I got on this thread I brought them up to speed, thanks for that! They looked into it and called me last night and their only hang up is that my lift # doesn’t have any letters behind it, so they are stuck. Any way I can help them link my lift to the AA lift? Which I’m assuming is the same but could be wrong. Thanks in advance!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys... need a little help. First time posting on here. Stopped by the dealers yesterday to see about getting the spacer on the front of my mopar lift, which They installed last September. Of course they knew nothing about it but with TSB # and info I got on this thread I brought them up to speed, thanks for that! They looked into it and called me last night and their only hang up is that my lift # doesn’t have any letters behind it, so they are stuck. Any way I can help them link my lift to the AA lift? Which I’m assuming is the same but could be wrong. Thanks in advance!
All lifts are the AA variant as far as I am aware. The updated kit has never came out.

BigD23

Reaction score
All lifts are the AA variant as far as I am aware. The updated kit has never came out.
The problem is that I gave them the TSB # and when they looked it up it said for the AA not the AB and mine only has the numbers. Hope they figure it out but I’m not holding my breath.

Ramalama

Reaction score
To add to this thread for Rebel owners this kit DOES work on Rebels. You must aquire the spring cup off a non Rebel strut as the strut body is smaller in dia. However it work 100%

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just received my 2” Mopar lift kit yesterday and the Fox shocks part number ends in AA. They did include the extra spacers packaged with my kit though. The dealer is installing Tuesday so I’ll take some before and after measurements.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is that I gave them the TSB # and when they looked it up it said for the AA not the AB and mine only has the numbers. Hope they figure it out but I’m not holding my breath.
Does AA refer to the Mopar lift kit part number or the part number on the shock? Maybe you’ll see AA listed on the actual shock. That’s how mine looks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:

BigD23

Reaction score
Does AA refer to the Mopar lift kit part number or the part number on the shock? Maybe you’ll see AA listed on the actual shock. That’s how mine looks
It’s supposed to be for the mopar lift kit number. That’s how the TSB reads. The dealer shows no letters after my part number in their computer and neither does the box it came in.

Ramalama

Reaction score
It’s supposed to be for the mopar lift kit number. That’s how the TSB reads. The dealer shows no letters after my part number in their computer and neither does the box it came in.
Ok to help with the confusion the "AB" after the 77072424 Mopar LIFT part number is for the LIFT not individual parts listed. Mopar is very slow releasing the "AB" but it is available 100% through dealer. The kit listed w/out "AB" ending 2424 is about 300$ less found online for about 1000$. The "AB" lists back at aroumd 1300$. You must specify the "AB" when purchasing. My 19 Gen5 was only 2" of slope front to back. I installed the non "AB" and left out the rear parts of kit only adding the new bump stops to prevwnt the shocks from taking a hit just in case. If you require the full 2" lift front amd rear buy the "AB" however you will still be off about 1" to 1.5" of slope. The "AB" spacer only lifts about .75" on a good day. Older kits ending in 2424 can aquire the new spacer for free by dealers 1 HR job with appointment.

For Rebels only need the smaller strut cup slope/rake is minimal.

If you require a true lift id suggest looking for something +3.5" as this Mopar kit is what I would consider a leveling kit that fits 34.5" tires no rub what so ever not even close.

Hope thos helps guys.

Ramalama

Reaction score
The
"AB" 77072424 kit is available. The older kits can have the spacer added by the dealer for free. All confirmed by Fox and our Dealer. Parts have been installed on both Gen5 and Rebels.

Ramalama

Reaction score
The "AA" is listed for the individual part. "AB" is for the lift kit. Hope this helps. If the kit is installed dealer will install update for free (depending on service manager I should add).

Drew1man

Reaction score
TSB Attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/05jowxi0bsghf4l/Front Suspension Lift.pdf?dl=0

Note, if you have the new Model # lift kit - the spacer pictured below (#2) is not necessary as the updated shocks are designed with the additional 1" already.

View attachment 22792
I’ve been to the dealerships and they know nothing. I’ve waited since April hoping older sets would be sold through making room for new kit which includes the extra 1”. How do I know I’m receiving newer version when ordering and setting up install appointment? Thank you for your help.

Pos90

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing because I noticed the price dropping lately.

Ramalama

Reaction score
I’ve been to the dealerships and they know nothing. I’ve waited since April hoping older sets would be sold through making room for new kit which includes the extra 1”. How do I know I’m receiving newer version when ordering and setting up install appointment? Thank you for your help.
As noted above newer kit ends in "AB". Dealers are extremely slow on finding this info. Mopar will also be releasing a 2" rear drop (level) soon.

Ramalama

Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing because I noticed the price dropping lately.
Exactly. Kits w/out "AB" deonted can be found for high 900$ on line. New kits are on the way. As for my 19' I just installed the front and it leveled perfectly. The extra rear did nothing for leveling and 2" in front would make it a 4" lift level kit. The rake is added for a reason.

19HemiSport

Reaction score
My 19 Big Horn is at the dealer having the Mopar 2" lift put on. I'll post before and after when I get her back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread