5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my truck with the stock wheels and tires. Measurements are from center of fender to the floor

Driver front 38.5"
Driver rear 40.25"
Pass. front 38.75"
Pass. rear 40.75

View attachment 32821

And this had the added spacer? I knew it wouldn’t fully level it but I was hoping for more than that.

Sdfonfxr

Reaction score
Just did my oil change and noticed that my knuckle is rubbing on the rear of my lower control arm on both sides. Anyone else getting this? I have the kit with the TSB extra ring. I haven't heard any clunking or anything like that. Just saw it while changing my oil. Will this cause any major issues down the road?

What could be done to fix this? Would a small amount of negative camber fix this? Any side effects of negative camber?

View attachment 32786
That’s how the knuckle”spindle” stops at full steering lock. Not an issue. Just the way it’s designed.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And this had the added spacer? I knew it wouldn’t fully level it but I was hoping for more than that.
Swap out the front spings with springs from the offroad package and it will give it another inch in the front.

CALIRAM

Reaction score
Looks great. Would you mind sharing measurements from center cap to fender line?
The tonneau is a Rugged Liner HC D6519.$819 on Amazon with prime delivery. They also have one for the 5.5 ft bed. It doesn’t have rails it sits on top of the bed rails and can be removed completely in several minutes. I had a backflip on my last ram and it rattled like mad. This one only has minimal leaking in heavy rain. No rattles and it has lights inside as well. Will share some pics a little later today

Txy

Reaction score
Looks great. What size tire is that 275/55/20?
Yeah. I cant afford bigger tires right now so I'm sticking with the stock ones for now. It doesn't look terrible, but it would definitely look better with bigger tires.

treyhendrick1980

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789
View attachment 22793
Are you running the 35x12.50R22 on the stock wheel with no rubbing on the c
Here are some rough measurements (will try to get some precise measurements soon but I know these are close, if not 100% accurate):
- Front center hub to fender: 24"
- Rear center hub to fender: 25 1/2"

View attachment 23109
No wheel spacers? I figured the 12.5" wide tire would rub on the control arm with a stock wheel...

Ljn21

Reaction score
Hello All,

Wanted to create a thread for pictures/discussions about the updated Mopar Lift/Level Kit (Part#: 77072424AB) - available early May for the public.

I luckily was one of the first to receive and can verify that it does sit closer to level than the original Mopar-Fox 2" Lift kits.
(Comparing another Ram side by side with the original 2" Mopar lift)

I will compile some side pictures and get measurements on Monday and post them Tuesday, as there are about 4 posts going around discussing this update.

IF YOU ALREADY OWN A MOPAR 2" KIT - please be advised there is a TSB That will allow you to drop off your Ram should you want the additional 1" in the front.
(I believe is free of charge but will confirm for those when I drop off my truck Monday for a detail)

Hope this thread helps, lets discuss!

View attachment 22789

Looks great! Tried to follow the thread but may have missed it, your truck does not have the factory OR group right?

From what you see on your truck, do you think you could fit a wider 35 like a 325x55? Was thinking of going with a Cooper STT Pro which according to their site ar 35.12x12.9.

MagMan1379

Reaction score
I installed the Mopar 2” leveling kit on my Laramie Sport and have mixed reviews on it. I went with Toyo 35x12.5r22 RTs, for the highway/aggressive look.

The good: it looks amazing. Exactly how I wanted it to come out. The rare color combo makes the truck stick out, and road noise is negligible.

The bad: Handling is terrible. Something has to be wrong, the rear end sways as if it’s fishtailing with the slightest wheel jerk, and it doesn’t feel planted as well as the stock setup. Being FOX shocks, I’d expect a better ride, but it’s just not there.

Fuel eco took a MAJOR hit. Averaging 12MPG highway @78mph, coming off of 16mpg, the 4mpg is a huge decrease. To circumvent this, I’ve ordered a Pulsar and a Vararam to be able to input the tire size and increase airflow.

Need to figure out the cause of the Sway, I don’t believe the 35s are the issue, it seems track bar or sway bar related.

I’ll keep you all posted.

Pics for show.

Attachments

• 19F700FE-75FE-4979-A91A-B2111AC8C777.jpeg
    19F700FE-75FE-4979-A91A-B2111AC8C777.jpeg
    251.4 KB · Views: 817
  • 4269FD2E-CEDD-47E4-BF9C-4A9E8D128ADF.jpeg
    4269FD2E-CEDD-47E4-BF9C-4A9E8D128ADF.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 794

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the Mopar 2” leveling kit on my Laramie Sport and have mixed reviews on it. I went with Toyo 35x12.5r22 RTs, for the highway/aggressive look.

The good: it looks amazing. Exactly how I wanted it to come out. The rare color combo makes the truck stick out, and road noise is negligible.

The bad: Handling is terrible. Something has to be wrong, the rear end sways as if it’s fishtailing with the slightest wheel jerk, and it doesn’t feel planted as well as the stock setup. Being FOX shocks, I’d expect a better ride, but it’s just not there.

Fuel eco took a MAJOR hit. Averaging 12MPG highway @78mph, coming off of 16mpg, the 4mpg is a huge decrease. To circumvent this, I’ve ordered a Pulsar and a Vararam to be able to input the tire size and increase airflow.

Need to figure out the cause of the Sway, I don’t believe the 35s are the issue, it seems track bar or sway bar related.

Pics for show.

Sorry to hear, it looks fantastic. Did you put the 35” tires on at the same time as the lift? If so, that is your mileage delta. You went from a 43 lb tire to a 73lb tire. 120lbs of rotational unsprung mass will have a huge impact on fuel economy. That’s about the same difference as the LT’s i put on my last truck i went from about 16 highway to a whopping 11. Woof.

As far as handling i can’t speak to it, as i don’t have the kit however i was under the impression it rides really well.

Did you install the track bar extension? Did you torque the rear track bar before you put it back on the ground? If so, untorque everything and retorque when you are under full load.

How is the actual ride quality? Stiff?

Rebel 12

Reaction score

Pics for show.

I get the same feeling and mine is stock. Except for put 1 inch wheels spacers witch I would think it would help with that being a little wider stance.

Grayman5752

Reaction score
R

Rob5589

Pics for show.
Rear coils are not as stable side to side as leaf springs. The shocks primarily control up and down, less so side to side. That and you have moved the center of gravity upwards but without increasing spring rate, the big downside to a spacer. A thicker swaybar will help as will proper air pressure in the tires. Just know a lifted vehicle will lose some stability due to increased cog.

Lost mpg? Of course you did. Firstly, unless you calibrated the speedo for the tire change, you aren't obtaining correct numbers. Next, your tire diameter/width/weight/rolling resistance all increased which means it will take more right pedal to get up to the same speed and maintain momentum. That is the very reason people perform gear swaps; to overcome those new deficiencies.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have had my 2” on forever it seems with several sizes of tires and mine rides great. I do have the HellWig rear swaybar installed and I’m on factory wheels. But even when I had my aftermarket, all was good with the lift.

May I ask who installed the lift and was the alignment now thereafter?

Crozz13

Reaction score

Pics for show.
Does the Mopar 2" kit use coil spacers or is it a spacer on top of the coil/strut assembly?

Users who are viewing this thread