5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

bfabian76

Reaction score
I’m about to install the AC kit. Do i need to get the orp springs for the front or a different spacer to make it level?

JMO1974

Reaction score
Just measured. From ground to fender.
Also replaced factory GT decals with matte black.

New front height is just a hair under 41"
New rear height is just a hair under 43"

Previous height front 36 3/4
Previous height rear 38 1/2
Just got mine home after dealer installed the AC version. I forgot to measure before I took it, but now, with stock tires still, it's:
Front 38.5"
Rear 40"
I'll get better tires at some point. Hate getting rid of stock ones that only have 19k miles.
Question: anyone know the difference between the AC and the AD versions? Thanks.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
I’m about to install the AC kit. Do i need to get the orp springs for the front or a different spacer to make it level?
I had the kit installed. There's no difference between the AC and AD kit, what I was told.
I have the non ORP sport, and just used the standard kit withOUT ORP fronts. Glad I didn't out the ORP on, I feel like it would appear nose high with the ORP springs.
I posted pics here when I had it done

bfabian76

Reaction score
C946C826-07CF-4DAB-8438-00975A1CBE12.jpeg

I’m assuming this double collar is the v1 with the TSB to add a second collar? So with that second collar added i guess i won’t need the ORP springs to make it level

Bigdumps

Reaction score
It won't be level. It's going to have rake. But, with the ORP springs the Height/body lines of the hood and front end might make it look nose high. Here's mine with no ORP springs. Imo it looks perfect, with a 34/35 inch tire you'll get 4+" roughly of new height.

Attachments

• PXL_20211207_172851734.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_172851734.PORTRAIT.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 326

bfabian76

Reaction score
It won't be level. It's going to have rake. But, with the ORP springs the Height/body lines of the hood and front end might make it look nose high. Here's mine with no ORP springs. Imo it looks perfect, with a 34/35 inch tire you'll get 4+" roughly of new height.

how much rake you do you have now? Looks great!

RockyRam7

Reaction score
Interesting, and I can’t see why the ‘22 is any different than the ‘21. I found that the first dealer I called said they would be able to do it. Then called back a week before the appt and said they double checked with the service manager and he said they couldn’t do it.

It took me 2 more calls to local dealers until I found one that would do it.

So you may need to call around to a few dealers until you find one that will be able to do it.
Do you have the ORP or air ride with your level to fit that tire size?

Last edited:

RamLay

Reaction score
77072424AD is the latest version. I was considering buying last week for my 2019, so should fit all 5th gen (DT) Rams unless you have air ride suspension.
Weird, the Mopar site now says the part does not fit the 2019 Laramie Crew Cab. I swear it did just a few weeks ago. Now they show a Bilstein kit on the My Mopar website for $797 as PN# P5155797.

Wonder why the Fox setup says it does not work on the 2019 and 202 Ram 1500? Does anyone have the Fox version on their 2019?

Pos90

Reaction score
The P5155797 kit is for the 4th gen trucks including the '19 and up Classics.

80sGen

Reaction score
Very grateful to this thread. Here is my 2020 Longhorn Crew Cab, 4x4, ORP, rambox, BUG, and MFT. Mopar 2 inch lift, Fuel Blitz D674, 20x9, +1 offset, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5R20, Bakflip MX4 Tonneau Cover, Carven Muffler, Tinted front windows 15%, Bedrug (bottom only).

No rubbing, truck rides awesome! Waiting on the Hellwig Swaybar and end links
Absolutely Bad-A$$! Hope it's not too much trouble, but could you provide the height to the sharkfin top? Gotta know if this set-up will fit in the garage. Thanks!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know the part number for the Rough Country upper controls arm? Nice setup, looking to do the same.
These are what I used (link below). They are for 4th gens but worked perfectly for my 5th gen with no alignment issues. They also sell a forged aluminum UCA for 5th gens for a little more of your hard earned money.

Last edited:

Kamper

Reaction score
So a local dealer has one of the Mopar kits in stock.

Have read thru this thread - my understanding is that installing this kit will give me the following:
- 2inch lift front/rear
- does not inc Springs
- truck will maintain some rake
- Fox shocks will ride a bit firmer and less bouncy/jouncy
- overall ride is considered better than stock - nonORP 1500
Options to add the ORP spring will keep front higher and more level but could land nose high and would when towing/bed loaded?

Just want to confirm the experiences I read are summarized here as I do want some lift, improved ride and looking to also address what I believe to be a loose front sway bar (and eliminate the issue from emerging again).

Thanks in advance! Very helpful forum!

JHardy0822

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve read pretty much every page and this is probably a stupid question but I’m trying to find a deal for the lift… I have a 2020 big horn crew cab and found this … but it says it doesn’t fit.. a bit confused. Anybody have any input? Thanks guys.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
So a local dealer has one of the Mopar kits in stock.

Have read thru this thread - my understanding is that installing this kit will give me the following:
- 2inch lift front/rear
- does not inc Springs
- truck will maintain some rake
- Fox shocks will ride a bit firmer and less bouncy/jouncy
- overall ride is considered better than stock - nonORP 1500
Options to add the ORP spring will keep front higher and more level but could land nose high and would when towing/bed loaded?

Just want to confirm the experiences I read are summarized here as I do want some lift, improved ride and looking to also address what I believe to be a loose front sway bar (and eliminate the issue from emerging again).

Thanks in advance! Very helpful f
Correct. I have the Non ORP sport/Laramie.
I did the standard mopar lift. No ORP springs.
The ride is great. Planted. Firm and comfortable.
I have 1.5 roughly of rake. With 285/55/22 it's much higher than pictures make you believe.

If you tow, I wouldn't add the ORP front springs.

Users who are viewing this thread