5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Perfect, so I may be able to forego the ORP springs and just focus on getting the lift kit itself. From your pictures, you can't really tell that there is a rake there. I'll continue to get thru all the pages in this thread and see if there are more pics with the different configurations. I made it to page 50 (going backwards) last night before I fell asleep.
Yeah all i hear about ORP spring 'fix' isn't the best. im happy with ride and rake as is out the box kit. a couple of other angles ill go take a complete side pic in a few for ya, the one thing i thought is maybe of goin with RC 3.5" lift..... but im at this point looking to get the rear dif and front cage higher so 35" next time i need tires. the 2" lift gave enough clearance for anything im doing otherwise

Attachments

• muddin mar 21.jpg
    muddin mar 21.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 228
  • dr side lift.JPG
    dr side lift.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 228

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Perfect, so I may be able to forego the ORP springs and just focus on getting the lift kit itself. From your pictures, you can't really tell that there is a rake there. I'll continue to get thru all the pages in this thread and see if there are more pics with the different configurations. I made it to page 50 (going backwards) last night before I fell asleep.

Attachments

• front rough height.jpg
    front rough height.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 233
  • rear rough height.jpg
    rear rough height.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 233
  • side rake.jpg
    side rake.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 240

cervelo15

Reaction score
Thank you so much, you went above and beyond and I think this sealed the deal for me. I appreciate the time you took to take the additional photos. Honestly, the side shot of the truck you can't really tell there is a rake, at least nowhere near what its like now for my stock Bighorn. Even using the hand measurement shows its not much off. This was the newer kit with the spacers that were added (per the TSB) to address rake concerns in the earlier kits? And you used the UCAs that came with the kit, correct?

Even if there is a small amount of rake, it eases my mind when I would have to tow, so I can get that boat I wanted sometime in the future.

You're not too far from me, just over an hour south in turnpike driving. Don't be surprised someday if you see another Ram with the same color lifted with red tow hooks rolling through the area. ;)

GrayRam20

Reaction score
Thank you so much, you went above and beyond and I think this sealed the deal for me. I appreciate the time you took to take the additional photos. Honestly, the side shot of the truck you can't really tell there is a rake, at least nowhere near what its like now for my stock Bighorn. Even using the hand measurement shows its not much off. This was the newer kit with the spacers that were added (per the TSB) to address rake concerns in the earlier kits? And you used the UCAs that came with the kit, correct?

Even if there is a small amount of rake, it eases my mind when I would have to tow, so I can get that boat I wanted sometime in the future.

You're not too far from me, just over an hour south in turnpike driving. Don't be surprised someday if you see another Ram with the same color lifted with red tow hooks rolling through the area. ;)
Glad to help, and yeah i want red hook!!! lol and yes this was the new kit that came with newer upgraded parts then previous kits

garyafa94

Reaction score
Thanks GrayRam, seeing your truck was one of the inspirations of how I wanted mine to look (esp since it's the same color). The parking space photo on top of the snowpile was the best. I appreciate the offer for the level kit, but I think I want the lift all around, so I'm gonna go with the Mopar kit. This thread is making me more confident about doing that.

I just watched a YouTube of a guy installing this on a '21 Bighorn and he didn't mention anything about the ORP springs up front to eliminate the rake. In fact in the comments, someone mentioned the earlier kits didn't address eliminating the rake but the spacers in the latest kit do address this. It was a straight install of the kit, no add on of the ORP springs. This fits with what's in this thread and what you had said about having a slight rake on your truck. The more i look at my stock truck in the garage with the rake, I despise the rake, but understand why they did it. May i ask how much a difference in rake you are seeing?

I had a friend recommend the Falken Wildpeaks, but I'm seeing more of a following for the Nitto tires. I may go with those as well, because I didn't see a 35x11.5 in the Falkens. And its probably a better application for my needs. Thanks again for your help!
I looked at the parts list for the 2" lift (77072424AD) and I don't see where it includes spacers for the front to level and eliminate the rake - am I missing something? I'm looking at the same end goal you are and just trying to make sure before I drop $3-4k- thanks

garyafa94

Reaction score
I have the factory Mopar 2" lift, as it still leaves some rake I've been happy with the look and it doesn't bother me as much as i thought it may. The ride quality is great. Id recommend this set up. The kit comes with everything needed. if you simply want stock ride and fir larger tires, ..... i have a brand new leveling kit i can sell you for a lot cheaper then doing the whole lift kit. haha, I'm running 295/60/20 (34") (stk rims) and there is no rubbing, wish i had just gone 35x12.5 though. they fit without rubbing also. I also removed the lower valance along with automatic the wind deflector for better angle approach and clearance. MPGS about the same, not to noticeable, say < .6 difference

Hope this helps. the Nitto Ridge grapplers and quiet for road and grip off road mud/sand really well. (y)
Great looking truck - does it have the ORP springs up front?

Milks19Ram

Reaction score
I looked at the parts list for the 2" lift (77072424AD) and I don't see where it includes spacers for the front to level and eliminate the rake - am I missing something? I'm looking at the same end goal you are and just trying to make sure before I drop $3-4k- thanks
Could you share the parts list you have for 77072424AD, is it dated after 4-10-18?

cervelo15

Reaction score
I just saw this new ‘AD’ part number when searching online tonight and I’m not sure what that’s about. This is going to be funny if they have had several iterations of kit updates since this thread was started :D Last I heard the 77072424AC was the most up to date kit. I think the spacers I’m talking about arent the traditional top hat spacers that fit on top of the strut. It’s a collar or ring tha fits underneath the spring seat on the shock body. So that, plus a slightly longer shock vs stock give you the lift.
2D5E70BD-1C38-41D6-8A1C-1C651EA241B4.jpeg
I’m going to call around to some dealers tomorrow to confirm the kit is available and ready to ship and not back ordered. Plus I have a 15% accessories coupon I can use at some of the dealers around here.

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Yeah all i hear about ORP spring 'fix' isn't the best. im happy with ride and rake as is out the box kit. a couple of other angles ill go take a complete side pic in a few for ya, the one thing i thought is maybe of goin with RC 3.5" lift..... but im at this point looking to get the rear dif and front cage higher so 35" next time i need tires. the 2" lift gave enough clearance for anything im doing otherwise
Here's mine I picked up Saturday with the RC 3 1/2 lift, struts and upgraded rear shocks. Wheels are on back order. FYI rides as nice if not nicer than my 17 Rebel with 34" RG's.

Attachments

• Built to serve VII.jpg
    Built to serve VII.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 209
  • Built to serve IV.jpg
    Built to serve IV.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 208

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am thinking I want to go with strut top mount spacers and FCA lifted UCA's only. Just a little rake reduction/snow clearance. Is this a good combo? ORP/truck in sig line and will go to bigger tire.

Let me know what you think.

garyafa94

Reaction score
I just saw this new ‘AD’ part number when searching online tonight and I’m not sure what that’s about. This is going to be funny if they have had several iterations of kit updates since this thread was started :D Last I heard the 77072424AC was the most up to date kit. I think the spacers I’m talking about arent the traditional top hat spacers that fit on top of the strut. It’s a collar or ring tha fits underneath the spring seat on the shock body. So that, plus a slightly longer shock vs stock give you the lift.
View attachment 87455
I’m going to call around to some dealers tomorrow to confirm the kit is available and ready to ship and not back ordered. Plus I have a 15% accessories coupon I can use at some of the dealers around here.
Thanks for the reply - I think you are correct / makes sense now on how they do the spacers up front

cervelo15

Reaction score
So called 3 dealers in my area today, and all 3 said the 77072424AC kit is on backorder until the middle of April. One quoted 4/22. So would it be easier to get it from an online source, or would they be in the same predicament?

EDIT: Called a dealer from online in Jefferson City, MO (very nice people there) and they said the same thing. Their suppliers do not have the lift kit and they cited that as of now, 195 orders for P/N 77072424AC are into Mopar. So what this means is that if Mopar makes 500 lift kits, those orders for 195 will be fulfilled first, and the remaining 305 kits will be distributed to distributors. So as excited as I was thinking I'd have this part by next week, I'm seriously considering just putting in an order to become number 196 and hoping it gets filled shortly. Local dealer had list price for $1440, but said he would get it for me for $1096? I better check that out first!!

Last edited:

doolin64

Reaction score
So called 3 dealers in my area today, and all 3 said the 77072424AC kit is on backorder until the middle of April. One quoted 4/22. So would it be easier to get it from an online source, or would they be in the same predicament?

EDIT: Called a dealer from online in Jefferson City, MO (very nice people there) and they said the same thing. Their suppliers do not have the lift kit and they cited that as of now, 195 orders for P/N 77072424AC are into Mopar. So what this means is that if Mopar makes 500 lift kits, those orders for 195 will be fulfilled first, and the remaining 305 kits will be distributed to distributors. So as excited as I was thinking I'd have this part by next week, I'm seriously considering just putting in an order to become number 196 and hoping it gets filled shortly. Local dealer had list price for $1440, but said he would get it for me for $1096? I better check that out first!!

My experience is the same predicament. I ordered from a place that showed it in stock back in February. a few days later they cancelled my order and said it was on backorder and they didn't have an eta. If you can find one in stock somewhere, jump on it!

cervelo15

Reaction score
My experience is the same predicament. I ordered from a place that showed it in stock back in February. a few days later they cancelled my order and said it was on backorder and they didn't have an eta. If you can find one in stock somewhere, jump on it!
Sounds like we might be getting a little closer to an ETA because I heard one guy say they were saying 4/22. But if anything, this world is unpredictable. I may stop by that local dealer tomorrow and talk to them some more and see if i can put my order in.

Justingraves9

Reaction score
Question.
For those of you who have an ORP Truck or added the ORP springs to either the updated kit or one with the added spacer have you noticed that the front suspension is very stiff? Or does it slam down on bumps (not sure how to explain)?

I have an ORP truck and recently added the spacers as I had an original kit and ever since the ride is horrible. I know the spacer does compress the spring more but I didn’t think it would make a huge difference. I am thinking about taking the spacer back out as I loved the ride how it was before

Users who are viewing this thread