5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated 2" Mopar Lift/Level Kit - Discussion

CDP110

Reaction score
Just be careful with the ab kit. I think that kit comes with spacers that go on front shock first before u put coil seat on shock

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I see a lot of quotes like this, with no reply, followed by a response in another post. Why? 😕
1650997971053.png

2k19ram

Reaction score
Just be careful with the ab kit. I think that kit comes with spacers that go on front shock first before u put coil seat on shock
Can you elaborate a bit more? Just so I can make sure I am following. I've read all 103 pages of this thread and if memory serves me correctly, I believe some of the very early AB kits required an additional spacer be installed, and some had the longer shock. It was my understanding that the AB kit for the most part was the updated kit and had the updated shocks. The part number on my front shocks is 68323528AB.

It is frustrating that the differences between part numbers is not more clearly defined. I read in this thread that the AC kit only difference was a J bolt (don't quote me going from memory) and I don't recall finding very much information on the AD update aside from seeing that the rake was still present.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Attachments

• RAM_77072424AB_TSB.pdf
    193.5 KB · Views: 35

CDP110

Reaction score
This is lift kit that they said had to much rake that people were complaining about. so mopar included a spacer ring that get put on shock before spring seat
I put the AD kit on mine. Dealership told me the AD kit was the longer shock and it had a different fluid in it. I was told the AC kit was another modification to shock snd all it was was changing the sticker on it

lapoolboy

Reaction score
I have the AD kit and still have 2" of rake. I can see at least one black spacer ring under the spring perch but I don't know if there's just the one or if there's two. I asked my idiot installer the next day and he said he couldn't remember.

Anyway, I'm taking the rear lift components back out to get the truck level. Got to love a $1500 leveling kit!

Cibearse

Reaction score
To follow up with everyone on the popping noise after installing the mopar 2" lift: I took the truck to a different dealership than was originally installed (closer to home/less drive) and they heard the noise, but could not locate it. I had my wife jump on rear bumper while I crawled under the vehicle and was able to pinpoint it to both rear upper control arms. I showed this to the original dealer that did the install and they replaced both control arms. Noise gone!

A few days later I have now noticed a squeaking/groaning noise whenever the suspension cycles. Sounds as if it is both front and rear, likely more on the right side. Not the same popping noise as before. My gut tells me that maybe there are some bolts loosing tension slightly causing the squeaking noise because it did not occur the first few days I got it back from the dealer. Have appointment next week to have them reevaluate. Not sure where to go from here...

nrpate05

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I picked up a 1500 w/ ORP a few months ago and already have the bug to get a little more clearance. I carry a Four Wheel Camper and have Firestone airbags to help support it that are installed inside the coil spring. Does anyone know if this lift is doable with the airbags installed? My understanding is that there is no modification to the coil spring so I don't think it would be an issue, but I can't be sure. Has anyone done this before or know if it would be an issue? Also, I think I read somewhere that this lift doesn't work on a crew cab long bed truck? Is that right? Not sure why it would matter but I remember reading it somewhere Thanks!

610SRTGang

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I picked up a 1500 w/ ORP a few months ago and already have the bug to get a little more clearance. I carry a Four Wheel Camper and have Firestone airbags to help support it that are installed inside the coil spring. Does anyone know if this lift is doable with the airbags installed? My understanding is that there is no modification to the coil spring so I don't think it would be an issue, but I can't be sure. Has anyone done this before or know if it would be an issue? Also, I think I read somewhere that this lift doesn't work on a crew cab long bed truck? Is that right? Not sure why it would matter but I remember reading it somewhere Thanks!
Absolutely it works on a Crew Cab Long bed!

I just finished mine a few weeks ago.

Mopar 2 inch lift
Ready lift leveling kit
285/65/r20 K02's
No rubbing and no trimming needed!

Attachments

• PXL_20220419_221112075.jpg
    PXL_20220419_221112075.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 321
  • PXL_20220419_221100848.jpg
    PXL_20220419_221100848.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 325

610SRTGang

Reaction score
seems it measures to about 42 - 42 1/4 inches from ground to bottom of fender arch all around so no rake it seems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread