5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update: Unlucky cracked windshield FIXED!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stopped by the dealer and they took pics and said they were going to submit it as a warrantee claim. Ill let you know what I hear from them.
I'd be surprised if they don't, if there is no chip. They showed me what they considered a chip on mine and if the shop wont submit it, what can you do. I just want it fixed, the $200 is just karma money.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Your reassurance is helping... but on a three week old truck it still stings like a mother ××××××!
I hear you but he's correct. Not a big deal to replace it. Yes, a big bummer, but at least you're not getting body work done.

typical8

Reaction score
My truck also had a crack upon delivery, and was just told that it could be a very long wait, two weeks later!, Dealership tells me they cant even find after market ones yet for the Gen 5.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck also had a crack upon delivery, and was just told that it could be a very long wait, two weeks later!, Dealership tells me they cant even find after market ones yet for the Gen 5.
The rep in the collision center told me I was very lucky to have received my windshield replacement when I did... she added the next available part was in February for another customer waiting after mine for a Limited. I'm pleased with the workmanship and time along with some highway driving will tell if the replacement is a true success. For now I am just super happy to have my Rebel home and back in perfect working condition. The Chev Kodiak truck I had as a loaner was a reminder why I love my Ram. Good lord, I can't believe people pay money for those Chevy's. Brutal.

Nicksmind

Reaction score
I too just had the same crack on the passenger side of the windshield. No rock chip. Wasn't there yesterday morning at 7 am and come out at noon and notice this big crack about 16" long. WTH. I then end up running to town and keep hearing a rattle underneath the truck and when i stop I noticed both Bolts from the passenger side rear sway bar mount are gone. I have 1600 miles on the truck. Heck the first three weeks after buying it was spent in the shop because it accelerated on its own. I think I should have stuck to Ford.

RT70808

Reaction score
Took my second rock today. 1st one I was able to fill with a kit and it’s barely noticeable. Thursday.... Wham! One inch chip in the bottom right corner just about the Ram Logo. By the end of the 2.5hr trip it has run about 1/3 of the way across. Today it’s almost under the review mirror.

Mo Power

Reaction score
My truck just got a stress crack in the windshield. It started at the top middle edge and is almost down to the middle bottom. It happened sometime this morning. I didn't have a windshield strike from a rock...it just happened.

Attachments

• 20190428_151313[1].jpg
    20190428_151313[1].jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20190428_135837[1].jpg
    20190428_135837[1].jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 76

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck just got a stress crack in the windshield. It started at the top middle edge and is almost down to the middle bottom. It happened sometime this morning. I didn't have a windshield strike from a rock...it just happened.
Do you have the Pano roof?

craulston

Reaction score
This just happend to me... Started at the top center and went down and took a left...
Going to the dealer tonight.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This just happend to me... Started at the top center and went down and took a left...
Going to the dealer tonight.

Hi craulston,

I sincerely regret to hear that this happened. If you are in need of any additional assistance while working with your dealer for this, our team would be more than happy to help. We are just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Melsreturn

Reaction score
I found this forum because I was looking up problems with RAM windshields. As I was pulling out of my work parking lot onto the street, I heard a very loud pop. I finished merging with traffic and immediately saw that there was a crack in my windshield and it has continued to grow. My husband took a close up picture of where the crack came from (see attached). This is approximately a few inches from the bottom of the passenger side windshield. Is this caused from a rock? All of the traffic was stopped waiting on a light change, and I do not know where it could have come from. I'm not too happy that the replacement is going to cost me almost $1K out of pocket.

20191103_135933.jpg

blubyu

Reaction score
Mine just popped yesterday driving home, 2020 Laramie Sport and there is absolutely no impact mark. I was lightly tapping on it and it continues to grow. I'll be calling the dealer today, heard a pop and then saw the crack.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine just popped yesterday driving home, 2020 Laramie Sport and there is absolutely no impact mark. I was lightly tapping on it and it continues to grow. I'll be calling the dealer today, heard a pop and then saw the crack.

Hi blubyu,

I regret to hear that this happened to you. If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message.

Mark
RamCares

Docems

Reaction score
My windshield did the same thing. No sign of impact and nothing hit the vehicle while I was driving it.. My crack started behind the rear view mirror and continued to the passenger side. I am supposed to have an appointment to look at it tomorrow. I was just checking on here to see if this is a issue with the 2019 ram 2500.

Users who are viewing this thread