5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

update made air blow colder

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting. Looks like I’m on slightly older software. Not sure if there’s a way to force an update. Did you also do the AC heater hose hack, or leave it stock and that’s the temp you’re getting? I’ll be impressed if RAM is sending meaningful software updates OTA... takes me back to the days I owned a Tesla.
I did not do the heater hose hack. I was thinking about it though. Glad this happened.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Did the 8.4 get any recent updates? On my Rebel I did the a/c hack last year and removed before winter. It just got really hot here in the 90s the past few weeks and I have not felt the need to reinstall the hack and I found myself actually turning the temp up to 70 or so feeling comfy. Have not tested with a thermometer yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I step on the gas while on park for 3 seconds and it drops to 44. I would assume it would still go somewhat lower if I was to be driving.
One important note is that the passenger side of the center stack (where you are measuring) is always colder than the driver side on these trucks. Noticeably so. I just took some measurements and will post details in the latest A/C thread. Note: My truck felt like it was cooling fine before the update, and I don't believe the performance has changed.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One important note is that the passenger side of the center stack (where you are measuring) is always colder than the driver side on these trucks. Noticeably so. I just took some measurements and will post details in the latest A/C thread. Note: My truck felt like it was cooling fine before the update, and I don't believe the performance has changed.
That is correct. And the lowest I got yesterday was 42. But this wasn’t the case before. It was higher. I’ll say this again, whatever the hell it was, I’ll take it. Also, I was at 49 on the driver side on idle. But for the first time since owning the truck and in 102 outside degree weather, I had to turn the A/C down because it was getting too cold. And this is without the heater hose hack. Maybe it was a coincidence and it just started working at the same time the update happen. Again, I’ll take it.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is correct. And the lowest is got yesterday was 42. But this wasn’t the case before. It was higher. I’ll say this again, whatever the hell it was, I’ll take it. Also, I was at 49 on the driver side on idle. But for the first time since owning the truck and in 102 outside degree weather, I had to turn the A/C down because it was getting too cold. And this is without the heater hose hack. Maybe it was a coincidence and it just started working at the same time the update happen. Again, I’ll take it.
Understood. Your temps match mine, based on the info I just posted in the primary A/C thread. But my system has always produced these numbers, as far as I can recall. Glad you're now seeing the same.

Reverse

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that the air seemed colder. I also can't remember the system doing its weird recirculation sound that I would have to reset with a recirc ON/OFF toggle in the last few days, but that may be coincidence.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Strange because I took mine in for it’s first service a couple weeks ago and noticed after they did a recall update on the 12” screen that the a/c blower seems to blow harder when it cranks up sometimes. Almost like it’s Found a higher speed setting.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
I don’t see the truck getting cooler than before , it was 90 degrees today, but again I didn’t have any problem with my AC. The only diff I see is finally the GPS allows online search

mtvrwe2003

Reaction score
I did the “over the air update” and my AC stays on and blows cold regardless if the AC button is pushed or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did the “over the air update” and my AC stays on and blows cold regardless if the AC button is pushed or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you pressed the AUTO button so your climate control is in AUTO mode? Only explanation.

robinxlee

Reaction score
For my vehicle the update finally fixed the AC issue. I was surprised as well. I gave up on Dodge fixing this and was surprised. I have 12 inch screen. No longer have to keep manipulating the temp to get comfortable. I can leave on one temp setting and it cools just like my other cars.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Well I'll take my non clamp temps tomorrow and wait for the update and then retake them. Unless someone beats me to it. If it's as simple as an update WTF did it take RAM so long?

djants

Reaction score
I have a hvac temp sensor ready to test temperatures once I get the update. I’ll make a video before & after update. Anyway to force this update?

Users who are viewing this thread