5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

update made air blow colder

djants

Reaction score
Anyone else get the new update yet and notice their A/C is colder?

Barqs

Reaction score
I received the update a few weeks ago and what little time I've been in my truck these past few weeks I can say the air definitely feels like it's working better than before. Like others have said, I found myself bumping the temps up to keep from getting too cold. It's been in the mid to upper 90's and sunny each time I've been out, and when the sun goes down I've got to bump the temps up even more to keep from being chilled. I haven't used a thermometer reading, just my own feeling. I will be taking it on a trip this weekend where I'm used to hearing the strange air rush sounds multiple times on the highway, so we'll see if it does it now after the update.

Barqs

Reaction score
I ran some experiments yesterday afternoon while driving. With MAX A/C on and the temps all the way down, I was reading 43F out of the passenger's side and about 51F out of the driver's side vent. It was 91F outside at the time. I then swapped over to AUTO and was reading about 45F out of the passenger's side and 53F out of the driver's side while the temp was set at 72F. Plenty cool for me! I have no before-update readings, but I'm still convinced the update has done something to the performance of the A/C.

Users who are viewing this thread