5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Up close and personal with the Mopar accessorized 2019 Ram Big Horn Sport

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Sorry to hear about everything going on, those types of situations are never easy.

Keep in mind I'm not basing this on anything at all except for my own thought process, but I'm thinking TR might be a hotter rebel with maybe a small suspension lift and 35s whiile the TRX would get the wider track, top of the line suspension, tires, etc. Don't take any of that as fact, thats just becoming my working theory.
Certainly plausible.My uninformed hope is that both would have the suspension with the primary differentiator being the engine and perhaps some interior features, but . . . from what I recall, the suspension bits from the concept amounted to about $20,000 (which seams reasonable given that is about what Prefix charged for their suspension package). So, you are probably right. The suspension is what gave the TRX its bold stance and incredible look. A lot of people want that look on their truck, but it will come at a price and few will have the requisite means to acquire such a sought after chariot.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your loss, and being sick and injured sucks.

Glad to know you are still out there checking on TRX sightings

Hope the best for you @VoiceOfReason

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c27482&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c27482&zip=16644&distance=500&searchChanged=true&showNegotiable=true&modelChanged=undefined&filtersModified=true#listing=203832155

The ground work.
263a.png

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
Not Bad ! Not liking any of the 6-spoke wheels so far, though ! Guess I'm a "traditional 5-spoke guy" ! Like the simplicity of, and the bolder stronger look to them - in particular when you do the Off-Road Package you can choose the "other" 5 spoke which I will . . . seems to have more flair ! Not for everyone, but suits me just fine !

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
VoiceOfReason said:
Certainly plausible.My uninformed hope is that both would have the suspension with the primary differentiator being the engine and perhaps some interior features, but . . . from what I recall, the suspension bits from the concept amounted to about $20,000 (which seams reasonable given that is about what Prefix charged for their suspension package). So, you are probably right. The suspension is what gave the TRX its bold stance and incredible look. A lot of people want that look on their truck, but it will come at a price and few will have the requisite means to acquire such a sought after chariot.
The more I think about it, it doesn't need to be an either or scenario regarding the suspension. It is possible that the Ram Rebel TR could have a more agressive suspension than the standard Rebel, but much less agressive than the TRX. Something along the lines of - the same body style as the TRX (six inch wider track, hourglass body), but have less of a lift, less travel, and less clearance than the TRX. That would be a workable compromise between the two.The TRX, as awesome as it will be, is simply going to be out of range at that rumored $85,000 price for the overwhelming majority of buyers. That is a very elite range for a vehicle.So, the TR could have less horsepower, less left, travel, and clearance, but still have a wider track to be more competitive with the Raptor, but not be at a price point that only astronauts can afford.(I'll post this in the TRX forum and leave this thread back to the intended topic)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/SEMA/ram-sun-runner.html

Forgot about thus truck.

Wonder if the stuff from this, the Macho Mango Powerwagon, and the Outdoorsman concept will be coming soon...Oh that's right we have seen alot of it showcased (Rebel TRX) and have seen most of it with the Mopar Ram in this thread.

Really like the tailgate seat.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
devildodge said:
https://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/SEMA/ram-sun-runner.html

Forgot about thus truck.

Wonder if the stuff from this, the Macho Mango Powerwagon, and the Outdoorsman concept will be coming soon...Oh that's right we have seen alot of it showcased (Rebel TRX) and have seen most of it with the Mopar Ram in this thread.

Really like the tailgate seat.
Wheel to wheel running boards - check

Sliding bed racks - check, if the back one is removable and they can carry ladders or boards. Not sure i want to lose panoramic sunroof option though per that cab luggage rack. Just give me a bar mounted across the front with possibility to mount offroad LED lights or more sock looking HD clearance lights

Rambox water hose - check for sure. This could be very useful to farmer/ranchers to wash/clean up before hopping in truck. When we load bean planter you get covered in dust and talc powder - have to hold 2.5 gall water jug between your knee caps and try to wash hands.

Just add air compressor mounted in rambox to spray dust off your back and clothes and then you've got something. Would need to make it easy to drain/prep each for winter months.

In a different life i should have been automotive accessory product engineer

Users who are viewing this thread