5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Up close and personal with the Mopar accessorized 2019 Ram Big Horn Sport

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

<h2 >Taking a look at Mopars "lifestyle truck" in person</h2>

"Editors note: 5thGenRams contributor @redriderbob got to check out the Mopar Accessorized Big Horn Sport yesterday, here are his thoughts."

Back in February, Ram and Mopar showed off a special accessorized 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 4x4 at the Chicago Auto Show. The truck featured a bunch of the latest Mopar goodies for the all-new 2019 Ram 1500, as well as a few prototype accessories that haven’t hit the market just yet. Thanks to the great people at FCA US and the Detroit Area Modern Mopars (DAMM) car club, we got our chance to check out the truck in a real world setting instead of under the auto show lights.

Mopar Accessorized 2019 Ram 15.. Big Horn Sport (Real Fast Fotography photo)

This Flame Red beauty was designed to appeal to the outdoor sport customer. This unique Ram was equipped with 35-inch BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires around a set of 18-inch Mopar six lug beadlock-capable wheels with Flame Red matching trim. Black Mopar fender flares and a 2-inch Mopar lift kit, that give the truck an incredible stance.

\

The exterior is also accented by body-length Mopar off-road cast aluminum running boards. These running boards have a skid-resistant surface that offers amazing grip when they are wet or covered in mud. The truck is also equipped with a prototype version of the Ram Rack which made its debut on the 2017 Ram 2500 Macho Power Wagon Concept from the 2016 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas. The Ram Rack is adjustable by sliding on mounts that attach to the utility rails in the bed. The concept is genius and sounds like there is a good chance it will make it into production soon.

\

Other exterior touches include a black Mopar hood graphic stripe kit, blacked out Ram emblems and badges, front tow hooks and a Mopar logo hitch plug. Out the back of the truck is a pair of Mopar 5-inch dual exhaust tips. A new foldable Mopar bumper step, folds underneath the rear bumper. This gives a clean look to the Ram over its competitors equipped with bumper steps or foldable tailgate assist gadgets.

\

Under the hood is the 5.7L HEMI V8 (this one is not equipped with the eTorque system). Mopar was sure to work its mojo there as well, with a new “Ram Airflow” cold-air intake. It will be available later this year and will work for all variants of hoods on the all-new Ram 1500. The truck is also equipped with a new Mopar cat-back exhaust, which was constructed from AL409 stainless steel.

Inside, Katzkin created premium black leather seats which feature the new “industrial” Ram’s head logo embroidered into the seatbacks. Rebel red stitching accents the seats, center console, and door trim. While the floor of the cab is covered with Mopar all-weather floor mats. Mopar brush aluminum door sill guards also adore the cab with the Ram text logo.

Overall, the truck looks aggressive and rugged. Even though the Rebel trim level is aimed at the off-road market, this Mopar accessorized Big Horn Sport is more for the outdoor adventurer who likes to go kayaking or mountain biking. For those of us who love the truck and want to build their own version of it. Most of the parts are already available through Mopar and be ordered through Mopar.com or your local dealer.

Stay tuned to 5thGenRams for all the latest news and information on the 2019 Ram 1500's including the upcoming HDs. Also make sure you check out our sister site MoparInsiders to stay up to date on all the latest from FCA.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love this truck. Once again shows Ram is listening to its customers and got to love the relationship with Mopar.

Another great article and amazing pictures.

I keep telling myself no 1500, but I am thinking a tradesman with crew and 6'4" bed and all these mopar goodies just might be what I get....but then at the end...more HD info coming
1f609.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)
370 for the wheels. Wonder if they have different colors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-07-12-57-52.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-07-12-57-52.png
    764.8 KB · Views: 202

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)
1413 for the lift. Not too bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-07-12-56-59.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-07-12-56-59.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 204

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is cool. Slides back the bed on the factory bed rails. Awesome. This would be on my list(see attachment)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-07-12-59-56.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-07-12-59-56.png
    745.6 KB · Views: 197

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
From my understanding the outer ring is paintable.

Do the wheels look familiar??
1f609.png

TRX Concept...

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the suspension lift says not available with air suspension

Figured such.

Now about that TRX...

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
devildodge said:
those big tires look great shoved in that wheel well
Agreed. Big fan of the KO2's as well, I have them on my truck, look great, have excellent traction and quiet on the road.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Truck is just amazing in person... I mean DT is in general, but the actual Flame Red Mopar Ram 1500 looks so much different than just a Rebel. It appeals more to the outdoor adventure compared to the Rebel's Baja appearance.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
redriderbob said:
Truck is just amazing in person... I mean DT is in general, but the actual Flame Red Mopar Ram 1500 looks so much different than just a Rebel. It appeals more to the outdoor adventure compared to the Rebel's Baja appearance.
Thanks for getting the amazing photos and the awesome story.
1f44d.png
Would love to see this truck in person.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
thanks @redriderbob. I hope it makes its trek to Carlisle. My boy will be all kinds of excited. He wants me to get a new truck...that one will be hard to talk him out of pushing me into lol. 4 year olDS think they know everything.

He will tell me that it will only haul his mom's and mine kayaks....sisters can't go.

That truck is exactly what I would like to do to my 99, but I can go order this one...no wrenching...I am 40 now...so...ugh

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sure hope we can option it similar to that in Canada. Hoping the Sports Appearance package is available on the Bighorn in Canada like it is US.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
That 2" lift and those 35" tires look right at home. Lifted DS trucks with larger tires don't look nearly as "stock" or proportioned, but that actually looks like it fits well with the truck.

Maybe the running boards help with that. Wish those were true wheel to wheel. Do they go under the cab fully to protect that bottom lip from rocks?

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
thanks @redriderbob. I hope it makes its trek to Carlisle. My boy will be all kinds of excited. He wants me to get a new truck...that one will be hard to talk him out of pushing me into lol. 4 year olDS think they know everything.

He will tell me that it will only haul his mom's and mine kayaks....sisters can't go.

That truck is exactly what I would like to do to my 99, but I can go order this one...no wrenching...I am 40 now...so...ugh
Careful 'dd' - don't want to tell us too much ! Gee in another 10 years ( 50 ) you'll be "experiencing" what some would call . . . "MEN-a-Pause"
263a.png

1f604.png

1f606.png

1f609.png
. . . ok truth be told; I did . . . hint, it IS a bit weird & unsettling, especially knowing what our wives go thru at around 40 ! Don't Worry though, you'll "get thru it just fine I suspect"
263a.png
. Heck I did !
263a.png
1f914.png

Chirp08

Reaction score
Nice to see the lift kit includes all the right pieces and is reasonably priced. Also keep in mind thats $370 per rim. Then figure another $250-300 per tire. So that wheel/tire package is gonna set you back over $2500 after tax/mounting etc.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I wonder what the offest is on those wheels. You used to have to run something with atleast a -12 offset to run 12.5" tires without rubbing on the UCA. I need to go poke around in the wheel wells of my truck and look at the profile of the new polymer UCA's maybe they slimmed them down along with weight reduction.

I also wonder if there's any scrubbing of the wheel liner from the 35s. I know with a 2.5 inch level on my 2011, I had to do a fair amount of trimming and zip tying to not rub with.

This truck very much reminds me of my old truck, just much much nicer
Set Up
Bilsteins set @ 2.8"
18X9 XD Addicts -12 offset
35x12.5R18 Cooper ST Maxx

(see attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_1853.JPG
    IMG_1853.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 23

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/647-up-close-and-personal-with-the-mopar-accessorized-2019-ram-big-horn-sport/&postID=3760#post3760" data-author="devildodge">@VoiceOfReason hasn't been around in awhile...that will bring him
1f609.png
</woltlab-quote>Been busy . . . (and sick and slightly injured - and I just found out yesterday it is time to bury another friend - dead at 29 from a heroin incident).The availability of those wheels from Mopar was one of the things that made the idea of a production TRX more realistic to some.Now about that suspension on the TR/TRX . . . are we getting the 6" wider track, 13" (or more?) travel all around, 37 inch Toyo Open Country tires? Perhaps a tad early to be asking those questions, but the people want to know.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
VoiceOfReason said:
Been busy . . . (and sick and slightly injured - and I just found out yesterday it is time to bury another friend - dead at 29 from a heroin incident).The availability of those wheels from Mopar was one of the things that made the idea of a production TRX more realistic to some.Now about that suspension on the TR/TRX . . . are we getting the 6" wider track, 13" (or more?) travel all around, 37 inch Toyo Open Country tires? Perhaps a tad early to be asking those questions, but the people want to know.
Sorry to hear about everything going on, those types of situations are never easy.

Keep in mind I'm not basing this on anything at all except for my own thought process, but I'm thinking TR might be a hotter rebel with maybe a small suspension lift and 35s whiile the TRX would get the wider track, top of the line suspension, tires, etc. Don't take any of that as fact, thats just becoming my working theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/