5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Unable to lock tailgate on 2022 Limited with MFT

OldCheyenne

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my new 2022 10th Anniversary Edition Limited with Ramboxes and MFT. Noticed today that I cannot lock the tailgate.

It does not lock when locking the doors with the door handle button. The Ramboxes lock fine.

The tailgate will also not lock when using the key fob to lock all the doors, again the Ramboxes lock fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? Searched the owners manual, but the only reference to locking tailgate is "tailgate can be locked using the key fob" on page 86. Doesn't specifically reference if the tailgate can be locked or unlocked using door handle button.

Any help, greatly appreciated. At this time I think I'll have to call dealer. Maybe a chip problem or bad wire connection?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To expand on what bill-e just said, if the fob is in your pocket and you grab the tailgate handle it will open, locked or not. Lock the truck, remove the fob from the vicinity, and go back without the fob and try the handle again. If it still opens, then yes you have a problem. But I'll bet it works fine. 😁 Let us know.

Selcher

Reaction score
LOL this is great. It gave me a WTF moment until I realized too.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, turns out my truck was smarter than me. Lol, we all did it and we eventually came to the same realization, sometimes on this forum :)

Supermanbrfd

Reaction score
Had the same problem read yalls answer so im sitting here in the parking lot laughing my *** off. For getting worried my tailgate wouldnt lock. While holding the fob. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread