5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect/sirius guardian - does it actually work?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still not working here. Keyfob works, app and website do not work.
My dealer can't get any answers from FCA about a fix. They don't want to randomly swap parts and I agree. FCA should provide guidance to the dealers but as usual they are dropping the ball. It is now almost 8 months since I got my truck and have not been able to sue the app or website remote commands. Soon enough the free trial will be over. Great advertisement for the product eh? Really makes me want to purchase it in the future.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you guys in a good reception for AT&T?

If you have a weak AT&T signal, this might be one of your issues.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you guys in a good reception for AT&T?

If you have a weak AT&T signal, this might be one of your issues.
I’ve tried it everywhere to include while traveling in other states. Full signal.

Firepower2010

Reaction score
TOTAL GARBAGE... If anyone has had experience with other brands, I will bring up my Tesla App. The app controls the car INSTANTLY, and I mean INSTANTLY, no waiting, no guessing etc. Set vehicle temps from the app, remote start, lock/unlock, open/close windows and roof, and in comparison, the RAM system seems like a 4rd grader science project, NOT professional at all...

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
Mine works, takes 30-60 seconds for truck to react (start/lock doors/etc).

Originally i had a nightmare since the dealership put the wrong email address, wrong name, etc. The email and VIN need to make both mopar.com site and uconnect/sirius site.

My keyfob range is terribad, 20ft or less, less than 10ft if I am indoors. Sometimes just easier to use the app. I use the Uconnect app, even though it's technically sirius guardian.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Multiple visits to the dealership and I get the response that there is nothing they can do until an update comes out sometime in spring. Even got Chrysler customer service involved and they told me sorry. They sold me a defective car with a multitude of problems and are leaving me out to dry with a simple could not duplicate or sorry, can't do anything to fix it excuse.

2019 Ram 1500 Limited fully loaded.
They are replacing the radio in mine per FCA’s instructions. It better fix the issue or I will be pissed. The dealer says they did it on a Jeep Cherokee with the same issue and it fixed it. I’m skeptical but I have no choice but to allow FCA to do what they think is the fix. I’ll keep you all posted.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had issues with the app remote start not working either. There is a developer feedback link in the menu screen on the app. I clicked on that sent them an email even included a screenshot and they actually got back to me had one person call on the phone and had emails within 24 hours including directions on how to troubleshoot it so I would give that a try. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a big fan of you connect I think it's a pretty crappy product but at least they did get back and are listening

Reactions: MJP

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had issues with the app remote start not working either. There is a developer feedback link in the menu screen on the app. I clicked on that sent them an email even included a screenshot and they actually got back to me had one person call on the phone and had emails within 24 hours including directions on how to troubleshoot it so I would give that a try. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a big fan of you connect I think it's a pretty crappy product but at least they did get back and are listening
Update on my Uconnect/Mopar site remote command issue. The dealer swapped out my radio and I am happy to report that I can now use the remote command from the app and Mopar site without issue. I am picking up my truck tomorrow but since being told that it was fixed last week I have tested it from home numerous times and it works flawlessly. It only took FCA 7 months to figure out what the fix was so my next move is to contact Uconnect tomorrow and ask for an extension on my free trial.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Update on my Uconnect/Mopar site remote command issue. The dealer swapped out my radio and I am happy to report that I can now use the remote command from the app and Mopar site without issue. I am picking up my truck tomorrow but since being told that it was fixed last week I have tested it from home numerous times and it works flawlessly. It only took FCA 7 months to figure out what the fix was so my next move is to contact Uconnect tomorrow and ask for an extension on my free trial.
Thats good news, I may have to try this approach.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
WHAT was the fix? to simply replace the radio?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WHAT was the fix? to simply replace the radio?
The radio swap fixed the remote command issue however, now I have a new issue. Prior to the swap all functions of my radio worked fine. Since the swap I cannot add favorites or set presets. The radio works and I am receiving all of the Sirius stations but the radio itself will not allow me to do what I mention above. Interestingly enough when I picked up my truck the Service Manager and I called Sirius to activate the service and they said the ID is associated with a 2018 Subaru. Wtf? Sirius took my info and inputs it into the system. I began receiving the stations. I have since called Sirius twice seeking help with the preset and favorites issue and both times they said the ID comes back to a 2018 Subaru. Sirius said nothing they can do on their end it’s most likely a radio issue.

My theory is that the radio was previously in a 2018 Subaru and had issues so it was removed and sent back to the radio manufacturer, refurbished and put on the shelf. FCA ordered a radio for my truck sent it to my dealer and I got a refurb installed that is still defective. No other explanation as to why the radio ID is associated with a 2018 Subaru. If I am right I am pissed that I would get a refurb for a brand new vehicle. My dealer opened a case on it but in the interim I cannot set the presets or any favorites.

Unreal.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas or input re my preset/favorite issue? Any help is appreciated. The dealer says FCA claims it's a Sirius issue. Sirius claims its a radio issue. I'm at a loss and pissed at this point.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you now able to add a sports team as a favorite and once added, see news and scores on the main menu without having to go into the app?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you now able to add a sports team as a favorite and once added, see news and scores on the main menu without having to go into the app?
I haven't checked that feature since getting my truck back. I'll check it out and let you know. I really didnt explore that because I've been trying to resolve the preset/favorite issue for the past 3 weeks.

Marusho

Reaction score
SIRIUS GUARDIAN FUNCTIONS (lock, unlock, start) do not work from inside my house. I can step outside and they "work", if you call waiting a minute or two "working". I live 6 miles from the capital of the free world and have never gotten more than 2 bars on any phone, so I'm assuming the difference between whether this system works or not has to do with the signal strength. I don't consider the system safe to use since you might succeed in unlocking, change your plan and be unable to lock; ditto for starting the motor. And having to step outside to use it kind of defeats the purpose.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SIRIUS GUARDIAN FUNCTIONS (lock, unlock, start) do not work from inside my house. I can step outside and they "work", if you call waiting a minute or two "working". I live 6 miles from the capital of the free world and have never gotten more than 2 bars on any phone, so I'm assuming the difference between whether this system works or not has to do with the signal strength. I don't consider the system safe to use since you might succeed in unlocking, change your plan and be unable to lock; ditto for starting the motor. And having to step outside to use it kind of defeats the purpose.
I have full cell strength when I try it. I also tried the Mopar site but it fails as well. I enjoyed the convenience when I used it for the 3vweeks it worked. I doubt I'd pay for it after it expires but it is a good feature IMHO.

Raylan GIvens

Reaction score
I tried to unlock from my app the other day and got nothing. I haven't attempted to troubleshoot at this point because walking back in the house for my keys was easier.

Briencrotty

Reaction score
Mine works perfectly. Only one time has the truck failed to start. Thought it didn't get the signal from UConnect, but turns out there was a message on the truck display when I got in that said "remote start canceled due to low fuel" I had forgotten that I needed fuel when I parked the truck at work in the morning, and FCA saved me a big hassle by being a great wingman (wingperson, wingthing?). How sweet is that?
I've had the same experience. The one time it failed to work was because of low fuel. Otherwise, although the app is cumbersome and it is slow, it definitely has worked (knock on wood).

B

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine still only works for about 20 minutes after the truck has been running. Sirius and Uconnect people useless. Called a million times.
I started having issues. I decided to get out of the truck. I’ll revisit in 2-3 years. I really do love the rams.

I am fearful though as Sirius seems to be strengthening its hold on more companies. Gm will be adding the new sat radio functionality in 2020 to their trucks as well. I just hope that doesn’t mean that GM will be in bed with Sirius as much as fca is.

Sirius has proven to be the weakest link in these trucks. For companies to not see it is beyond frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread