5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect/sirius guardian - does it actually work?

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
reading some horrible reviews on ios App store so wondering if i should just move my trusty 8 year old remote start system to the new truck or not. mine works from a mile away and has been working flawlessly...

whats your experience?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
reading some horrible reviews on ios App store so wondering if i should just move my trusty 8 year old remote start system to the new truck or not. mine works from a mile away and has been working flawlessly...

whats your experience?

Does not work plus if it just was the app would be bearable but the 12” uconnect nav in the car doesn’t work either useless pos btw CarPlay now starts crapping out as well can’t load lists from phone until you actually open the app on the phone ie Spotify, podcast app, overcast, Apple Music...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine works great all the time. Never an issue minus its slow but even that has improved. I don’t know why some have issues but mine has been solid from day one including all my internet channels and when I park in a garage the Sirius works because it switches to streaming .

I have had only one failure but I didn’t have att service in the location I was in so of course it won’t work because it’s att device

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine works great all the time. Never an issue minus its slow but even that has improved. I don’t know why some have issues but mine has been solid from day one including all my internet channels and when I park in a garage the Sirius works because it switches to streaming .

I have had only one failure but I didn’t have att service in the location I was in so of course it won’t work because it’s att device
Mine still only works for about 20 minutes after the truck has been running. Sirius and Uconnect people useless. Called a million times.

Zmoney

Reaction score
can anyone provide details of how one sends a route to the Uconnect system. i cant seem to figure it out. OI have the 8.4 nav uconnect BTW.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All Uconnect remote functions have worked perfectly for me after switching apps. Guardian was terrible.

Jneally

Reaction score
I love mine! You can start from anywhere. That means if I'm parked a long way off I can still start it and you get confirmation on your phone. I would never want to go back to my old remote.

U

User_3336

8.4 and 12 inch users have totally different experiences it seems.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
can anyone provide details of how one sends a route to the Uconnect system. i cant seem to figure it out. OI have the 8.4 nav uconnect BTW.
Go into the Uconnect app and use the search function to find whatever you are looking for. It will give you an option to send & go. Once you hit that choice it will send it to your truck. When you go to the truck a message will be waiting on the screen to enter the send & go address into the nav system. It's all prompted. Great feature.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go into the Uconnect app and use the search function to find whatever you are looking for. It will give you an option to send & go. Once you hit that choice it will send it to your truck. When you go to the truck a message will be waiting on the screen to enter the send & go address into the nav system. It's all prompted. Great feature.
Does your send and go work?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never bothered using the UConnect App... none of the 'functions' are anything I wish to use.
Everything else about the 12" screen works just fine, Android Auto works like a charm... no complaints.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does your send and go work?
Yes. The send & go will work regardless. My remote app only works after the truck has been started and then it's only for about a 20 minute window. Sirius people and Mopar are always able to remotely send commands. Go figure. I dont want the dealer ripping the radio out to change the head unit or telematics module just yet for fear of toolmarks and dash damage. I still believe its software related and is fixable with an update. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm going to wait a bit. Hasn't worked properly since I got the truck in September. Everything else in Uconnect works fine.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UConnect and SiriusXM Guardian both worked for me, but I now use UConnect exclusively.
I tried both and Mopar with the same results. It seems like something is going to sleep in my system and starting the truck wakes it up. The dealer is stumped too that's why I dont want to start swapping parts yet.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
so does anyone know if i move my current remote starter (Astro Start) to the 1500, am i loosing any built in functionality? i can use it as a backup when the app doesnt work

Users who are viewing this thread