5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

djwdjw

Reaction score
I too cannot seem to get the uconnect iPhone app to now complete a remote start successfully (after working well for weeks).

The mopar.com site via browser does seem to be able to correctly issue a remote start.

M

Mdegen93

For all of you that have the problem of remote commands not working after a period of time like I verified i had as well, here is some news!!

SXMG support it appears has fixed my issues, as of yesterday, it appears to work every time, from mopar.com and from my UConnect app.

Here is what i know, I called in on Wed from a land line after the period of time was enough I knew commands would not work.

They tried a couple and also got failure, I then explained my testing ( a couple times before they understood), they went to their next tier up department and was told to put in a ticket.

I was about to call back yesterday as I hadn't heard anything when i got an email from them with instructions that the next step was to "Clear Personal Data" via my touchscreen, needless to say I was very skeptical this would fix anything.

Here is the email directions (I do not know if they had anything set up on their end waiting for me to do this or if this is all it needed)

View attachment 9458

Now my experience varied slightly that when I tried to open the "Assist app on screen" it told me that "Connected services were not activated" and gave me an "Activate" button. So I hit the activate option, it asked for email address, first name and last name, so i entered the same ones I used when i set it up online the first time, it then said "Activating" or something similar and sat there for quite a long time, I couldn't sit there any more so i figured that was at point 6 in the email so I shut off the truck.

A hour or so later I opened the app, logged out and back in (just for good measure) and tried a remote lock request, it spun for quite awhile and then just went away, so received message, no failed request message, I thought great they broke it further.

Waited another hour and tried a remote start, and it worked!!

ever since then every command i send from app or Mopar site has been successful.

Also, yesterday after work the Assist app still said it was not enabled and i still had an "Activate Services" app also from the touchscreen even though the remote commands were working, i called in and they said it can take 48 hours for that to get synched and get updated s it says enabled on screen.

This morning I remote started in the garage after sitting all night, and immediately cancelled it, both went thru fine.

I just now did a "vehicle locate" from the app with truck in garage even, and it worked as well.

So maybe their was something that did not get enabled in the system the first time that makes the telematics stay active or something else but it appears to be fixed so far.

One other thing to note for me is I never set this up thru the touchscreen when it was new, only did it via the email i was sent after purchase. So maybe that has something to do with it as well.

I will report back if it stops working again.

TT
I’m in the process of doing this (waiting 45 min with the truck off). I’ll let you know what happens

TruckFoo

Reaction score
I was emailed that same solution that has me go into the U Connect touch screen and clear my personal data. Followed all the steps and so far the application is working. I'm going to give it a week of consistent use before considering the issue resolved. After that I am going to have U Connect credit me an additional 2 months of free service to account for the extended issue

TooTall

Reaction score
I was emailed that same solution that has me go into the U Connect touch screen and clear my personal data. Followed all the steps and so far the application is working. I'm going to give it a week of consistent use before considering the issue resolved. After that I am going to have U Connect credit me an additional 2 months of free service to account for the extended issue

Dont get your hopes up, I got a second email on Sat, same stuff formatted different saying to do it again, around that same time mine stopped working again.
This time just sat and spun, no failure messages.

So today I did it again since my “Assist” button had never started working again after I reset the first time.

Long story short, it is working again now ( the app) but Assist button is still not. SOS button isnt working either.

Need to call in tomorrow and see what they say now.

TT

M

Mdegen93

Dont get your hopes up, I got a second email on Sat, same stuff formatted different saying to do it again, around that same time mine stopped working again.
This time just sat and spun, no failure messages.

So today I did it again since my “Assist” button had never started working again after I reset the first time.

Long story short, it is working again now ( the app) but Assist button is still not. SOS button isnt working either.

Need to call in tomorrow and see what they say now.

TT
Yeah mine never ended up fixing anything either

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I tried activating via the phone call yesterday evening around 5:00pm EST. The call went thru and I told the rep I was trying to activate my account, she told me that their system was down and I would need to call back. No estimate as to when they would be back up. I think they are having big problems with their database. I will also push for an extension of my trial as I have not been able to use this feature since I picked up my truck in October, but first things first they need to get this FIXED! What a kluge.

M

Mdegen93

I tried activating via the phone call yesterday evening around 5:00pm EST. The call went thru and I told the rep I was trying to activate my account, she told me that their system was down and I would need to call back. No estimate as to when they would be back up. I think they are having big problems with their database. I will also push for an extension of my trial as I have not been able to use this feature since I picked up my truck in October, but first things first they need to get this FIXED! What a kluge.
Yeah I waited for about 20 min on hold and was told I needed to call back. And their reception is garbage I can barely understand them

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates guys - I was just going to try this tonight!

djwdjw

Reaction score
I am finding that the Uconnect iPhone app does not work (and did at one time), but the Sirius Guardian app and the website does work for me.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am finding that the Uconnect iPhone app does not work (and did at one time), but the Sirius Guardian app and the website does work for me.

I finally went to the website to test it...and locate isn't an option?

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Well I guess I'm going to have to take this in to the dealer. I re-tried clearing all my data, then called to get re-activated. Sirius told me that I was already activated even tho my truck said it was not. Remote services work for upto 10 minutes from when I shut the truck off, after that neither the app or the Mopar website will work. It has to be something in the truck itself that goes to sleep and will not receive a signal. Im bummed.

Reactions: MJP

TooTall

Reaction score
Well I guess I'm going to have to take this in to the dealer. I re-tried clearing all my data, then called to get re-activated. Sirius told me that I was already activated even tho my truck said it was not. Remote services work for upto 10 minutes from when I shut the truck off, after that neither the app or the Mopar website will work. It has to be something in the truck itself that goes to sleep and will not receive a signal. Im bummed.

You and me both @Laramiepete that is the exact situation I am sitting in too, it was weird the first time I cleared data, the remote commands worked for 3 or 4 days without issue, but the head unit says not activated, but now it has reverted to only a few minutes after shutting off the truck again.

I argued with SXMG for a wile about their has to be a way to reactivate, otherwise the truck wouldn't offer the "Activate" option. But they insisted they have o way to refresh it.

Weird how they wouldn't be able to when the SOS and "Assist" are all subscription services, so how will they re-activate them after the subscription ends?? Surely not take it to a dealer to do it.

Pretty disappointed in this aspect of the vehicle, I had a GMC before this and the OnStar app was perfect every time, and I used it a ton, now it is a real pain to not have the functionality.

TT

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I hear you, I don't know when I'll get a chance to take it in but I'm definitely going to. I will update when I do.

grinch72

Reaction score
Same thing for me. Website works perfectly every single time but the app does nothing.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my Jeep. The Mopar website worked but the app didn’t work. They pushed out an update for the iOS app and know the app works again . Try updating the app and see if that fixes the issue.

djwdjw

Reaction score
The app was updated on the iTunes store about 3 days ago for me. The update now works and I get acknowledgement message back from Sirius Guardian when it does.

grinch72

Reaction score
App update totally fixed it..... so far...... keeping my fingers crossed!

SSR

Reaction score
For all of you that have the problem of remote commands not working after a period of time like I verified i had as well, here is some news!!

SXMG support it appears has fixed my issues, as of yesterday, it appears to work every time, from mopar.com and from my UConnect app.

Here is what i know, I called in on Wed from a land line after the period of time was enough I knew commands would not work.

They tried a couple and also got failure, I then explained my testing ( a couple times before they understood), they went to their next tier up department and was told to put in a ticket.

I was about to call back yesterday as I hadn't heard anything when i got an email from them with instructions that the next step was to "Clear Personal Data" via my touchscreen, needless to say I was very skeptical this would fix anything.

Here is the email directions (I do not know if they had anything set up on their end waiting for me to do this or if this is all it needed)

View attachment 9458

Now my experience varied slightly that when I tried to open the "Assist app on screen" it told me that "Connected services were not activated" and gave me an "Activate" button. So I hit the activate option, it asked for email address, first name and last name, so i entered the same ones I used when i set it up online the first time, it then said "Activating" or something similar and sat there for quite a long time, I couldn't sit there any more so i figured that was at point 6 in the email so I shut off the truck.

A hour or so later I opened the app, logged out and back in (just for good measure) and tried a remote lock request, it spun for quite awhile and then just went away, so received message, no failed request message, I thought great they broke it further.

Waited another hour and tried a remote start, and it worked!!

ever since then every command i send from app or Mopar site has been successful.

Also, yesterday after work the Assist app still said it was not enabled and i still had an "Activate Services" app also from the touchscreen even though the remote commands were working, i called in and they said it can take 48 hours for that to get synched and get updated s it says enabled on screen.

This morning I remote started in the garage after sitting all night, and immediately cancelled it, both went thru fine.

I just now did a "vehicle locate" from the app with truck in garage even, and it worked as well.

So maybe their was something that did not get enabled in the system the first time that makes the telematics stay active or something else but it appears to be fixed so far.

One other thing to note for me is I never set this up thru the touchscreen when it was new, only did it via the email i was sent after purchase. So maybe that has something to do with it as well.

I will report back if it stops working again.

TT

I did this procedure and initially it seemed to fix the problem for a couple days, but then it reverted back to same behavior of not working after an hour or so.

For the first few days after this "clear data" procedure the remote commands worked flawlessly from the app and mopar.com. During this time my Assist functions were not working, the 12.1" screen showed "Activate Services" I didn't do anything to attempt to fix it. Then yesterday the Assist functions came back on their own and around that time the app & mopar.com stopped sending the commands again.

Seems like they still have some software issues to figure out.

TooTall

Reaction score
@RamCares theres multiple threads on this very poor uconnect remote functionality when is Sirius or Ram going to do something or at least acknowlege the problem publicly.

Users who are viewing this thread