5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

SSR

Reaction score
I have a 2019 w/ the 12.1" screen. From what I read on here there is an issue where 12.1 screens don't get the info tab and vehicle health report.

I seem to be having another issue with the remote start and door lock/unlock.
Basically it doesn't work after the truck sits parked for more than a couple hours. So anytime I really want to use it like after work, the commands always fail. But if I use it within an hour or so after driving the truck it does seem to work fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Wondering if this is a general problem or another issue with the 12.1 screens.

Last edited:

TruckFoo

Reaction score
I've had a similar issue with the remote app on the 8.4 Uconnect 4C screen. I don't think it's related to the screen but to the app functionality itself. I've opened a ticket with the manufacturer for a resolution

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I have the 8.4 Uconnect 4C screen also. Tried talking with Sirius, they said see the dealer. I tried pulling the negative on the battery to reboot the system, that didn't work. It works only for about 20 minutes after I shut the truck off then nada. Everything else is working good so I haven't had time to take in to the dealer. Im sure they will say we have no idea and that it is a Sirius/ Uconnect problem.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I've had a similar issue with the remote app on the 8.4 Uconnect 4C screen. I don't think it's related to the screen but to the app functionality itself. I've opened a ticket with the manufacturer for a resolution
I was wondering if you heard anything on the ticket you opened.

TooTall

Reaction score
I just verified I have this problem.

I tried the app after being at work for 8 hours, it failed.

Tried Mopar site, it failed.

Walked over to window, used fob to start truck, let it run for a minute, then used fob to shut it off.

Walked back to desk, used app to issue "remote start" it went thru fine.

I think others should do this same test and see if it is a verifiable pattern.

TT

SSR

Reaction score
I have this exact issue. Verified multiple times.

TooTall

Reaction score
Figured out some extra info today, I verified all I have to do with the key fob is unlock and lock the truck, then it will accept SiriusXM Guardian requests.

Talked to support at SXMGuardian today for 40 minutes, kept on them thru all their scripted questions about what phone I am using and OS version etc. They couldn't send commands either since I called from a landline after the truck had been sittign for more than an hour. Finally got them to open a "ticket" and supposedly quality control will be looking into the issue.

If I get any updates I will post here.

It would be great if more users would verify these symptoms with their rigs so we can point them to this thread if needed.

Thanks
TT

M

Mdegen93

Following. Same issue. No remote commands work. And no health report

Mohab

Reaction score
Uconnect app is piece of garbage since I had my 2016 ram, it is simply useless

SSR

Reaction score
Figured out some extra info today, I verified all I have to do with the key fob is unlock and lock the truck, then it will accept SiriusXM Guardian requests.

I can confirm this same behavior. Unlocking the truck with the keyfob will make it accept the SiriusXM Guardian commands for another 30-60 minutes.

It seems like anytime the truck is turned off there is some sort of idle timeout that occurs and the connection to SiriusXM Guardian is broken.

bkilgore91

Reaction score
I have a 2018 2500 Limited that on Saturday the radio locked up on me. I came home and let the truck sit for a few hours. Fired it back up and the radio was fine but no Uconnect app commands. Tech support had me do the SOS button with no success. Then had me do resets that caused the Activation button show back up but won’t send email. Took it to the dealer today and they reflashed the radio....got worse now the outside temp doesn’t show up at the top. The WiFi hotspot and radio function. I feel like there was something bigger that happened here that they aren’t telling us. I also have a hunch that there could be something wrong with my radio due to a short on a usb cable for my phone. Again all speculation at this point.

One interesting thing I have noticed is now when I send a command to the truck I can see the dash light up but nothing happens.

Last edited:

TooTall

Reaction score
For all of you that have the problem of remote commands not working after a period of time like I verified i had as well, here is some news!!

SXMG support it appears has fixed my issues, as of yesterday, it appears to work every time, from mopar.com and from my UConnect app.

Here is what i know, I called in on Wed from a land line after the period of time was enough I knew commands would not work.

They tried a couple and also got failure, I then explained my testing ( a couple times before they understood), they went to their next tier up department and was told to put in a ticket.

I was about to call back yesterday as I hadn't heard anything when i got an email from them with instructions that the next step was to "Clear Personal Data" via my touchscreen, needless to say I was very skeptical this would fix anything.

Here is the email directions (I do not know if they had anything set up on their end waiting for me to do this or if this is all it needed)

1543682151549.png

Now my experience varied slightly that when I tried to open the "Assist app on screen" it told me that "Connected services were not activated" and gave me an "Activate" button. So I hit the activate option, it asked for email address, first name and last name, so i entered the same ones I used when i set it up online the first time, it then said "Activating" or something similar and sat there for quite a long time, I couldn't sit there any more so i figured that was at point 6 in the email so I shut off the truck.

A hour or so later I opened the app, logged out and back in (just for good measure) and tried a remote lock request, it spun for quite awhile and then just went away, so received message, no failed request message, I thought great they broke it further.

Waited another hour and tried a remote start, and it worked!!

ever since then every command i send from app or Mopar site has been successful.

Also, yesterday after work the Assist app still said it was not enabled and i still had an "Activate Services" app also from the touchscreen even though the remote commands were working, i called in and they said it can take 48 hours for that to get synched and get updated s it says enabled on screen.

This morning I remote started in the garage after sitting all night, and immediately cancelled it, both went thru fine.

I just now did a "vehicle locate" from the app with truck in garage even, and it worked as well.

So maybe their was something that did not get enabled in the system the first time that makes the telematics stay active or something else but it appears to be fixed so far.

One other thing to note for me is I never set this up thru the touchscreen when it was new, only did it via the email i was sent after purchase. So maybe that has something to do with it as well.

I will report back if it stops working again.

TT

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Great, Im happy someone got it working! I guess I will try resetting it one more time to see if it works.

TruckFoo

Reaction score
I was wondering if you heard anything on the ticket you opened.

I did; at first they stated that I didn't complete the registartion process. The Sirius/ U Connect rep had me update information on Mopar.com. I reset my password and PIN information. The site gives no indication that fields needed to be updated and the other functions in the application (Vehicle Health Report, tire pressure, etc.) were working so I wouldn't have thought to go there either. The app started working immediately... for about 2 days. After that - nothing. I called back and the rep went through getting my phone type, operating system, version and other details while also creating a new ticket. He also said he could see my pending unlock and start request with no disposition (pending). All being siad the ticket is now documented at being open for two months and my next follow-up is Friday 12/7. I'll keep the thread posted on any updates.

bwmatthews

Reaction score
I have a 2019 w/ the 12.1" screen. From what I read on here there is an issue where 12.1 screens don't get the info tab and vehicle health report.

I seem to be having another issue with the remote start and door lock/unlock.
Basically it doesn't work after the truck sits parked for more than a couple hours. So anytime I really want to use it like after work, the commands always fail. But if I use it within an hour or so after driving the truck it does seem to work fine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Wondering if this is a general problem or another issue with the 12.1 screens.

I also have the same problem. I have been to the dealer many time and they have checked everything out and have informed me that it is actually an Android Auto problem causing the issues; this was from the one of the engineers. There will someday be an update or something I hope. I have had my truck since August 2019.

TooTall

Reaction score
I also have the same problem. I have been to the dealer many time and they have checked everything out and have informed me that it is actually an Android Auto problem causing the issues; this was from the one of the engineers. There will someday be an update or something I hope. I have had my truck since August 2019.

Did you see my post above how they seem to have fixed mine?

TT

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Well I tried the resetting of my system I got to the point where it said activate press the button says an email was sent I opened the email and it said cannot activate a account with this VIN number and email address is already in the system. I guess I will wait to hear if there is irresolution via the open ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread