5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

kjn86

Reaction score
Android 3.3.1 doesn't work for me still. Neither does the FCA Ram Dashboard web site option.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Android 3.3.1 doesn't work for me still. Neither does the FCA Ram Dashboard web site option.
Mine still doesn't work and yesterday Sirius couldnt access remotely either. Seems that the commands only work after the truck is started or if I use the SOS button first. There must be some way that it wakes the unit up if I use the SOS or Assist first. Irritating to say the least.

shoop_52

Reaction score
you have 8.4 display, the problems are only with the 12 inch model from what I can tell.

TT
No definitely not, it’s sucks with the 8.4 too. My ram does the exact same thing and Sirius won’t do anything besides try and get me to commit to a contract after my trial expires.

randyfreed

Reaction score
I apologize for jumping this thread but I am having the exact issues with my 2018 Durango – 8.4C Nav. Works for a 20 -30 minutes after the car is shut off, then nothing. I get the same results using the app or the online Dashboard. I took it to the Dealer and they started a Star-Case but gave me no other advice.

I couldn’t find anyone else with this issue in any Durango forums so I Googled and found this thread. Hopefully there will be a fix for it someday.

Have a good day folks!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I apologize for jumping this thread but I am having the exact issues with my 2018 Durango – 8.4C Nav. Works for a 20 -30 minutes after the car is shut off, then nothing. I get the same results using the app or the online Dashboard. I took it to the Dealer and they started a Star-Case but gave me no other advice.

I couldn’t find anyone else with this issue in any Durango forums so I Googled and found this thread. Hopefully there will be a fix for it someday.

Have a good day folks!
It sounds like an easy fix once FCA decides to do something about it. Keep us posted.

BlackSophie

Reaction score
I have had the same problem with Uconnect remote start since I purchased my Ram 1500 in mid December of 2018. Sirius told me it was a dealer problem and the dealer told me it was a Sirius problem. Very frustrating since this is the time of year when I could have used the remote start function the most. Nevertheless, after reading the comments posted here, I tested per Too Tall's advice and verified that my remote functions are failing in the same manner as described. That is to say, that if the truck has not had an ignition event within the last hour the Uconnect remote functions (to include locking/unlocking, as well as , lights and horn) will not work. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Sirius (two separate calls) and finally got them to open a ticket on the case. Here's where I can add something new to the thread. Later that day Sirius called me back in regards to the case and said I need to go to the dealer and have them open a "STAAR" case ticket. I have no idea what that means or entails, but am scheduled to have it done on the 26th of Feb. Will let you know what happens. As a side comment.... the Sirius rep with whom I spoke told me that if my account isn't accessed at least once in a four day period, it will become inactive. Once the account is inactive Uconnect will not work. Accessing the account means pinging the vehicle by any function on the Uconnect app or the website. I suspect this explanation is not true because I can't find any reference to such a limitation in the owners manual. It's possible that there are secret restrictions built into the system that Sirius doesn't want to share.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had the same problem with Uconnect remote start since I purchased my Ram 1500 in mid December of 2018. Sirius told me it was a dealer problem and the dealer told me it was a Sirius problem. Very frustrating since this is the time of year when I could have used the remote start function the most. Nevertheless, after reading the comments posted here, I tested per Too Tall's advice and verified that my remote functions are failing in the same manner as described. That is to say, that if the truck has not had an ignition event within the last hour the Uconnect remote functions (to include locking/unlocking, as well as , lights and horn) will not work. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Sirius (two separate calls) and finally got them to open a ticket on the case. Here's where I can add something new to the thread. Later that day Sirius called me back in regards to the case and said I need to go to the dealer and have them open a "STAAR" case ticket. I have no idea what that means or entails, but am scheduled to have it done on the 26th of Feb. Will let you know what happens. As a side comment.... the Sirius rep with whom I spoke told me that if my account isn't accessed at least once in a four day period, it will become inactive. Once the account is inactive Uconnect will not work. Accessing the account means pinging the vehicle by any function on the Uconnect app or the website. I suspect this explanation is not true because I can't find any reference to such a limitation in the owners manual. It's possible that there are secret restrictions built into the system that Sirius doesn't want to share.
Keep us posted. I dont see what a Star case will do. It's back and forth between FCA and Sirius. I truly believe it's a firmware issue that can be resolved with a flash. Btw, I'm not buying the every 4 day thing. I know for a fact I have not tried to access my truck through Uconnect for longer than 4 days and never had any inactive notification.

mustangcats

Reaction score
I thought I would chime in as it seems the Uconnect remote start is pretty much useless. My 2019 Bighorn has the 8.4 nav. Like others, it will not start the truck if it has not been driven overnight (except a couple of times when it did work). I have not called in to complain since it appears most can't even get it to work after going through so many hoops and hurdles. I did get a survey back in January and I mentioned that the Uconnect is worthless and I would not be renewing after the trial period is up. I can't wait for them to call me at the expiration of the trial period so I can tell them in plain English what I think of their system!

Reaction score
Call me the outlier for this thread... Tried it this morning after leaving it overnight and it just worked to lock the doors.

kjn86

Reaction score
Call me the outlier for this thread... Tried it this morning after leaving it overnight and it just worked to lock the doors.
You got me excited so I tried...and it still doesn't work. Of course. Suck a train wreck that this is still happening. It is shocking.

halla

Reaction score
There are two apps in the apple store. Sirius Guardian does not work, the one labeled ucconect only works and I have the 12” screen

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are two apps in the apple store. Sirius Guardian does not work, the one labeled ucconect only works and I have the 12” screen
Sirius and Uconnect app and the Mopar site don't work for some of us. We have issues with something going to sleep (RF hub or air card).

TooTall

Reaction score
Yeah it's weird, Sunday was in a movie for 90+ minutes, and for some reason, i thought I would try remote start, and it worked.
Tired it again yesterday after work, back to normal.....didn't work!

I am beginning to wonder if cell coverage or something affects it as well, as mine hasn't worked when shut off for over an hour in months.

TT

BlackSophie

Reaction score
Follow up to my previous post.
I was previously directed by Sirius to take the truck back to the dealer for a STARR case (I don't know what that stands for). I just returned from that service appointment. After 2.5 hours of waiting, the service rep reported that it's likely that the GATEWAY module is timing out and acting like a firewall to deny the Uconnect signal. Apparently Uconnect remote signals are being sensed by the truck system, but permission to carry out the instruction is denied by this GATEWAY module. Thus they ordered a new SGW module. Once received and installed I will report back.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Follow up to my previous post.
I was previously directed by Sirius to take the truck back to the dealer for a STARR case (I don't know what that stands for). I just returned from that service appointment. After 2.5 hours of waiting, the service rep reported that it's likely that the GATEWAY module is timing out and acting like a firewall to deny the Uconnect signal. Apparently Uconnect remote signals are being sensed by the truck system, but permission to carry out the instruction is denied by this GATEWAY module. Thus they ordered a new SGW module. Once received and installed I will report back.
Thats some good positive news! Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope this turn out to be the problem. A quick look on the internet for SWG Module shows FCA started using this in 2018. I never knew about it.

TrackDay

Reaction score
I just forwarded this to my dealer. We will see what comes of it.

Volkster

Reaction score
My Ram was built mid-December and I picked it up 1/14 and my Uconnect app is still working. I mainly use it to remote start the truck. it always remote starts but every once in while I don’t get feedback that it had started. Thats my only minor issue

Users who are viewing this thread