5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My biggest issue is the 8.4 non nav radio is supposed to have HD radio. It does not. All the specs posted when I ordered my truck show that it does. Very deceptive. I listen to one specific HD channel in my area on my wifes vehicle and I can not do that in my new truck. I am forced to try and listen to that station on AM radio.
YES! The Guardian thing is pretty cool; but I don't really care about it. But man, I was really disappointed to find out that my Radio was not HD Radio. I mean, REALLY? It's 2019; HD radio should be standard on a $50,000 truck.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
YES! The Guardian thing is pretty cool; but I don't really care about it. But man, I was really disappointed to find out that my Radio was not HD Radio. I mean, REALLY? It's 2019; HD radio should be standard on a $50,000 truck.
Didn't have HD radio in my $60+K Raptor. Seems to be across the brands, only standard on highest trims.

R

Rob5589

I don't listen to terrestrial radio, are there really that many HD channels? I assume it's area dependent.

Aberamrod19

Reaction score
i rarely use the nav that came with truck , i think it looks cool with 12in screen but i prefer to use google maps from android auto. i have the uconnect app not impressed with it, think i used it once to start truck it takes to long and other than the distance it offers you over the remote it is not worth having

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sad part is that I did research my purchase extrememly well. Countless hours online and probably 20 hours with different sales people at different dealerships, it was never mentioned.

You've stated that the feature you were looking for was extremely important to you. It was never mentioned. So did you ask?
Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 019214 miles.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think what FCA New Customer is referring to is he has an 8.4 Uconnect with SAt radio but NO Telematics. I think he feels that he was deceived into thinking it did. The problem is and this was amongst a few people they did not realize that there were some 8.4 that didn't have the telematics.
I think he was further confused that since it was described as Sirius Guardian link that since he has Sirius SAT radio he should in fact have Guardian access and features. Before FCA had the Ra3 and Ra4 both had telematics. They went to the new 4c units UAS and UAQ both had telematics. Now they have a million and one 8.4s some with and some without telematics but most all have SAT radio.

So I can see where some feel deceived. Mix in the fact that we all know sales people tend to be the least informed and probably told him yes it has it. Some of us even with the most research can be wrong if we are sure what to research.

IF the truck has the Assist button then it has telematics. If it does NOT then it doesn't. This is the easiest way for me to tell you to determine if it has telematics or not.

I could be wrong on what the OP has or thought as I am not him but that's what I figured.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Yes, I felt deceived by FCA with this issue. My salesperson told me that all RAM 1500 could start with the app and it was free for a year. The night I got home with my truck I called her and asked why I couldn’t make it work and then she checked and said she didn’t realized they took it out for ‘19. Furthermore it is advertised on the FCA website that the Uconnect 4 has HD radio and it doesn’t. Another thing my dealer and the FCA rep I talked to on the phone said they didn’t realize was taken out for ‘19. It is infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I felt deceived by FCA with this issue. My salesperson told me that all RAM 1500 could start with the app and it was free for a year. The night I got home with my truck I called her and asked why I couldn’t make it work and then she checked and said she didn’t realized they took it out for ‘19. Furthermore it is advertised on the FCA website that the Uconnect 4 has HD radio and it doesn’t. Another thing my dealer and the FCA rep I talked to on the phone said they didn’t realize was taken out for ‘19. It is infuriating.

I would have literally taken the truck back once they admitted they steered you wrong.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I would have literally taken the truck back once they admitted they steered you wrong.

I knew that they were wrong about the app which wasn’t as troubling as the lack of HD radio which I didn’t realize until a few weeks later. Wtf car doesn’t have hd radio in 2019, especially for nearly $60k? It still says it on the Uconnect website. They don’t even have the decency to change their mistake now after several of us have clearly called in with these issues. There have been other threads on the lack of HD radio in the Uconnect 4 in these forums.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I knew that they were wrong about the app which wasn’t as troubling as the lack of HD radio which I didn’t realize until a few weeks later. Wtf car doesn’t have hd radio in 2019, especially for nearly $60k? It still says it on the Uconnect website. They don’t even have the decency to change their mistake now after several of us have clearly called in with these issues. There have been other threads on the lack of HD radio in the Uconnect 4 in these forums.

Had they provided HD in the other model, MANY people wouldn't have bought the 8.4C. The XM services and nav are a joke. They just found a way to soak more money from us.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Had they provided HD in the other model, MANY people wouldn't have bought the 8.4C. The XM services and nav are a joke. They just found a way to soak more money from us.

The problem is that it’s advertised as having HD, and even my dealer thought it had it.

airgas1998

Reaction score
Do your doors automatically unlock when you grab the outside door handle and the key fob is within a certain distance of the truck? If so, then it would be virtually impossible to lock your keys inside. I’m not sure if those kind of handles are Laramie and above.
i did in my 14' gc...don't ask how the hell it locked with fob in cup holder. all while it was running for oh about 3 hrs before mr towman came.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
i did in my 14' gc...don't ask how the hell it locked with fob in cup holder. all while it was running for oh about 3 hrs before mr towman came.

I too locked my keys inside my 2012 GC Laredo X. Mine was in the cup holder and my wife’s was in her bag. We got out of the car in the driveway with our 6 month old daughter at the time in the back. We both closed our doors about to get our daughter and we heard the doors lock. AAA came in 20 minutes and got it open, but there was no reason for them to lock...it turned out one of the key batteries were low and somehow that caused it according to the dealer. Luckily it was a cool fall night so our daughter wasn’t in any danger of overheating.

Users who are viewing this thread