5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect box battery low

turkeybird56

Reaction score
So besides the annoying message what is actually happening or wrong? My 2022 does it every now and then and everything still works perfect? They acknowledged the problem again as this happened to the jeeps and the chargers earlier this year and it is fixed now so I’m sure an update soon Will fix it. Some people are trying to file the lemon law because of a pop up message on the fb group lol.. people need to chill a little haha 😂. The new GM truck has motors blowing up and we have a message on our dash lol..
New Tundra's are losing the right side Turbo's, some with only 300 miles, now dat would suk.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
TSB: S228A000005
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Uconnect Box Error Message, With Active or Stored Cellular Antenna Open or Short DTCB1560-11, B1560-13, B1561-11or B1561-1
Release Date: May 2022

TSB: S228A000003
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Uconnect Box Error Message On Radio Screen And DTC code B22A9-96 Set
Release Date: May 2022

TSB: S2108000015 –REV. H
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: Uconnect Box Requires Service Message
Release Date: March 2022
None of those apply to the battery issue

GreenT

Reaction score
This just happened to my wifes 2022 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk this morning. "Battery of Connected Services is Temporarily low. SOS Call and related functions may be unavailable". I called the dealer ship and they said it was the battery to the Uconnect system and now its draining the main battery. The primary reason is the Uconnect/start stop system because they use the same battery. Considering my wife works for the post office she turns her car on and off quite a bit and it drained the battery for the Uconnect/start stop system. Now that its drained its pulling all power from the main battery and eventually the car will die because the main battery will die. As long as you have your warranty both batteries will be covered for this instance. Ill be taking the jeep in, in the morning and i will update this post to let you know if this was the real fix action. I just wanted to share what i was told by the jeep company that i use. So far they havent been wrong on any of my jeep problems.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This just happened to my wifes 2022 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk this morning. "Battery of Connected Services is Temporarily low. SOS Call and related functions may be unavailable". I called the dealer ship and they said it was the battery to the Uconnect system and now its draining the main battery. The primary reason is the Uconnect/start stop system because they use the same battery. Considering my wife works for the post office she turns her car on and off quite a bit and it drained the battery for the Uconnect/start stop system. Now that its drained its pulling all power from the main battery and eventually the car will die because the main battery will die. As long as you have your warranty both batteries will be covered for this instance. Ill be taking the jeep in, in the morning and i will update this post to let you know if this was the real fix action. I just wanted to share what i was told by the jeep company that i use. So far they havent been wrong on any of my jeep problems.
That is a lot of misinformation on that system. The Uconnect box has its own battery, it will charge. The Uconnect and stop start are completely different batteries. The Telematics box module has the battery inside it.

I would take this concern to a Cherokee forum.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That is a lot of misinformation on that system. The Uconnect box has its own battery, it will charge. The Uconnect and stop start are completely different batteries. The Telematics box module has the battery inside it.

I would take this concern to a Cherokee forum.
This is a correct statement.

TImberwolf2022

Reaction score
Hello 2022Backcountry406,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares
My dealer is telling me there is no battery on the Uconnect box, they have no idea what to do

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Funny, I was driving around for hours today and at the end when I went to lube my side steps I got the message.

I have 0 plans to use the SOS call and anything possibly "related" to it. I wonder if I can just ignore it as I don't want some monkeys trying to replace my whole radio and ripping my dash apart hoping they don't break something else.

1669147383552.jpeg

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny, I was driving around for hours today and at the end when I went to lube my side steps I got the message.

I have 0 plans to use the SOS call and anything possibly "related" to it. I wonder if I can just ignore it as I don't want some monkeys trying to replace my whole radio and ripping my dash apart hoping they don't break something else.
Doesn't need a radio, the uconnect box is a separate device that has a replaceable battery

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's still under the dash. Still huge chance of the dealerships here screwing it up.
I'm just correcting you, you don't need to confuse or mislead people with incorrect information. The telematics module is behind the upper glove box and there is a replacement battery available.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm just correcting you, you don't need to confuse or mislead people with incorrect information. The telematics module is behind the upper glove box and there is a replacement battery available.
There IS a battery in the radio, there are more then 1 uconnect error message like this.
If you are sure the battery can be replaced what is the TSB or star case for the repair? Part number of the battery? Anything?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There IS a battery in the radio, there are more then 1 uconnect error message like this.
If you are sure the battery can be replaced what is the TSB or star case for the repair? Part number of the battery? Anything?
Part #68493347AA for the battery.

See attachment for repair procedure.

Please provide any documentation you have on the battery IN the radio. I would like TSB, part numbers, service information you have.

Anything else you need, I will wait for you battery information.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122-190644_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122-190644_Chrome.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 46

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 144369
Any issues with this since last year? I got the same exact message this weekend. Haven’t found any functions to be unavailable.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Any issues with this since last year? I got the same exact message this weekend. Haven’t found any functions to be unavailable.
No, and i removed the entire unit but I think I have some insight.

The device is a little black box that handles the cellular connection and bridges the gps\xm antennas.
The battery is an 18650 rechargeable lithium battery in my case branded Murata, so it's normal for it to charge and discharge, likely because power is removed when the truck is turned off and it runs off of it's battery to call back to Ram.

If the battery on this device went your GPS would not work not any kind of connected services because it routes though this device.
The battery can be replaced, but you need to know how to solder a new connection on, as it's just a regular battery with the plug soldered right onto both ends vs just giving you a slot to put a new one in.

Unless you are having problems there's no reason to take it into a dealership or replace it as it's just a rechargeable battery anyways.

I ripped mine out, bridged the GPS connection, and called it a day and no problems since.

Wirerat

Reaction score
No, and i removed the entire unit but I think I have some insight.

The device is a little black box that handles the cellular connection and bridges the gps\xm antennas.
The battery is an 18650 rechargeable lithium battery in my case branded Murata, so it's normal for it to charge and discharge, likely because power is removed when the truck is turned off and it runs off of it's battery to call back to Ram.

If the battery on this device went your GPS would not work not any kind of connected services because it routes though this device.
The battery can be replaced, but you need to know how to solder a new connection on, as it's just a regular battery with the plug soldered right onto both ends vs just giving you a slot to put a new one in.

Unless you are having problems there's no reason to take it into a dealership or replace it as it's just a rechargeable battery anyways.

I ripped mine out, bridged the GPS connection, and called it a day and no problems since.
My truck had the telemetry delete. But it's cool to know it would have been removable.

That AA battery not being serviceable is rediculous.

Last edited:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck had the telemetry delete. But it's cool to know it would have been removable.

That AA battery not being serviceable is rediculas.
Why can't you service the battery in the telematics module? The part # for the battery is 68493347AA.

Users who are viewing this thread