5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 Soft Reset/Reboot and Factory Reset Instructions

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello to our Ram Brand enthusiasts--

We've been noticing some conversations surrounding potential resets/reboot options for your Uconnect 5 systems and we wanted to make these instructions easily accessible to all of you. While we'll continue to provide these instructions as needed on the public threads, please feel free to reference here for the instructions below.

Customer prefers the "soft button" reset options
  • Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose one of the following:
    • SOFT RESET/REBOOT - performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio.
    • FACTORY RESET- *CAUTION: This action wipes saved user data from the radio and reverts everything back to factory default settings. (Presets, Favorites, Profiles, Paired Phones will be cleared). We recommend deleting and re-pairing any mobile devices after performing a factory reset. See instructions below.**
Customer prefers the "hard button" reset option
This option performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio.
  • Press and hold the "power button/knob" in for 10 seconds or more
Deleting & Re-Pairing Mobile Devices
  1. "Forget" your mobile device and Uconnect system on the respective units
    1. On Apple device Go to Settings>General>Carplay>Forget this Device.
    2. On Radio Go to Phone> Settings> Select Device in List and Delete the device.
    3. On the Phone, Go to Settings> Bluetooth> Unpair/Forget Existing "Uconnect" and duplicates.
  2. Ensure that your mobile phone's software and Uconnect software are both up to date. Then restart phone and pair again.
  3. Make sure Siri is on & CarPlay is not restricted.
    1. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and ensure CarPlay is enabled.
    2. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
If you are experiencing concerns and a reboot of your Uconnect 5 system does not mitigate these concerns, please don't hesitate to send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help us get a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks,

Ram Cares

Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score
Hello to our Ram Brand enthusiasts--

We've been noticing some conversations surrounding potential resets/reboot options for your Uconnect 5 systems and we wanted to make these instructions easily accessible to all of you. While we'll continue to provide these instructions as needed on the public threads, please feel free to reference here for the instructions below.

Customer prefers the "soft button" reset options
  • Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose one of the following:
    • SOFT RESET/REBOOT - performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio.
    • FACTORY RESET- *CAUTION: This action wipes saved user data from the radio and reverts everything back to factory default settings. (Presets, Favorites, Profiles, Paired Phones will be cleared). We recommend deleting and re-pairing any mobile devices after performing a factory reset. See instructions below.**
Customer prefers the "hard button" reset option
This option performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio.
  • Press and hold the "power button/knob" in for 10 seconds or more
Deleting & Re-Pairing Mobile Devices
  1. "Forget" your mobile device and Uconnect system on the respective units
    1. On Apple device Go to Settings>General>Carplay>Forget this Device.
    2. On Radio Go to Phone> Settings> Select Device in List and Delete the device.
    3. On the Phone, Go to Settings> Bluetooth> Unpair/Forget Existing "Uconnect" and duplicates.
  2. Ensure that your mobile phone's software and Uconnect software are both up to date. Then restart phone and pair again.
  3. Make sure Siri is on & CarPlay is not restricted.
    1. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and ensure CarPlay is enabled.
    2. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
If you are experiencing concerns and a reboot of your Uconnect 5 system does not mitigate these concerns, please don't hesitate to send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help us get a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks,

Ram Cares

Curious, you've posted the instructions on how to reset Uconnect 5 systems. Like 6 people have 2022 trucks with UC 5.
Theres millions of trucks with Uconnect 4 and those owners would like this same information or better, a fix, how about helping us, the millions instead of those 6 people?...

BowDown

Reaction score
If there's reset instructions for UC 5 already, is there still a problem with UC 5 and the 12" screen??

RamCares

Reaction score
Curious, you've posted the instructions on how to reset Uconnect 5 systems. Like 6 people have 2022 trucks with UC 5.
Theres millions of trucks with Uconnect 4 and those owners would like this same information or better, a fix, how about helping us, the millions instead of those 6 people?...

If there's reset instructions for UC 5 already, is there still a problem with UC 5 and the 12" screen??

Hi there,

We understand your concerns and we can certainly provide those instructions for you, as well. Please know that there are reset instructions for every technological device regardless of whether concerns are present or not, as a precautionary measure. We will post the instructions here as well as posting a separate thread for your convenience. You may find the thread here: Uconnect 4/4C Soft Reset Instructions

To perform a soft reset of your Uconnect 4/4C:
1. Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal
2. Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3. Let go of the buttons
4. Turn the vehicle off
5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6. Close door
7. Restart vehicle
8. Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

BowDown

Reaction score
Hi there,

We understand your concerns and we can certainly provide those instructions for you, as well. Please know that there are reset instructions for every technological device regardless of whether concerns are present or not, as a precautionary measure. We will post the instructions here as well as posting a separate thread for your convenience. You may find the thread here: Uconnect 4/4C Soft Reset Instructions

To perform a soft reset of your Uconnect 4/4C:
1. Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal
2. Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3. Let go of the buttons
4. Turn the vehicle off
5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)
6. Close door
7. Restart vehicle
8. Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Thank you

firedfly

Reaction score
@RamCares thanks for these instructions. I just had to perform a reset via the power button due to the screen not displaying anything when I started the truck up. Hopefully this is a rare issue.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I’ve already had to do this twice…. both times while using Apple CarPlay and answering an incoming phone call.

and yes, everything is updated to the latest software. I expect some bugs but I hope this isn’t a preview of thing to come. 🤨

firedfly

Reaction score
I’ve already had to do this twice…. both times while using Apple CarPlay and answering an incoming phone call.

and yes, everything is updated to the latest software. I expect some bugs but I hope this isn’t a preview of thing to come. 🤨
I've had this happen twice. The first time I parked the truck, got out and realized I needed to adjust my parking. The screen never turned on when I started the truck. The second time, I remote started the truck, got to it a minute later and the screen wouldn't turn on. It would display the Ram logo when I turned the truck off. Then turning on again resulted in no display.

Thankfully the soft reset fixed the issue and I now know how to perform it.

firedfly

Reaction score

Everytime we start the truck, the screen is blank and I have to reset it. It is odd. The screen works for some features, but the main UI doesn't render. If I change the temperature with physical buttons, the change displays in the corner of the screen briefly (rest of the screen is black). Backup camera works on the top half of the screen with the rest being black.

Are you seeing these same issues? Or something different?

Users who are viewing this thread