5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 is much better but…

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

why do people not start on the first page of a thread?
If you re-read his post, he acknowledges that CarPlay is confirmed by others to be full screen, and is questioning whether or not android auto is full screen…which is not addressed on the first page.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
If you re-read his post, he acknowledges that CarPlay is confirmed by others to be full screen, and is questioning whether or not android auto is full screen…which is not addressed on the first page.
Yes I read it the first time, I know how to read. I was just pointing out he could see pictures of it also.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
so weird actually there is so much difference between those 2 mirroring apps.
And even more weird is that the Uconnect 5 is based on Android or running on the Google OS but Android Auto lacks functionality compared to Apple's screenmirroring.

mhb1638

Reaction score
so weird actually there is so much difference between those 2 mirroring apps.
And even more weird is that the Uconnect 5 is based on Android or running on the Google OS but Android Auto lacks functionality compared to Apple's screenmirroring.
I imagine Google will release sme update for this

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I imagine Google will release sme update for this
let's keep hoping, they already ask for this since the release. See this topic

rckcold

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has faced a similar issues, I have a '22 with the 8.5 inch display and every so often the theme I set on it gets changed from Theme 4( which is what I keep it at) to Theme 1.

Also maybe like 5 times all of my preset radio stations were gone and I had to go through and add the all back.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has faced a similar issues, I have a '22 with the 8.5 inch display and every so often the theme I set on it gets changed from Theme 4( which is what I keep it at) to Theme 1.

Also maybe like 5 times all of my preset radio stations were gone and I had to go through and add the all back.
The settings, especially the radio stations, are tied to your seat memory. Are you resetting your set memory after setting the stations?

rckcold

Reaction score
The settings, especially the radio stations, are tied to your seat memory. Are you resetting your set memory after setting the stations?
No, I dont think I am resetting anything, is that something I should be doing?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, I dont think I am resetting anything, is that something I should be doing?
Yes, all that is tied to your seat memory. Once you set the radio presets and everything, resave your seat memory.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Just got my 2022 sport GT. Very buggy and laggy uconnect 5. My satellite radio doesn't even appear as a media option.
Keep switching screens on its own.
Sever lag when switching screens, music tracks and at times the steering wheel controls don't work..... Lol
Does anyone know how to update it over wifi? I connected it to my house under system update. It connects, then does nothing.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Just got my 2022 sport GT. Very buggy and laggy uconnect 5. My satellite radio doesn't even appear as a media option.
Sever lag when switching screens, music tracks and at times the steering wheel controls don't work..... Lol
Does anyone know how to update it over wifi? I connected it to my house under system update. It connects, then does nothing.
It should update on its own eventually assuming you are not already on version .6. The update helps some but it is still buggy, slow and the heated seat/wheel buttons disappear very frequently

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Speaking of heated steering wheel. How hot does yours get? Mine is hardly noticable. My other was so hot I would have to turn it off.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Speaking of heated steering wheel. How hot does yours get? Mine is hardly noticable. My other was so hot I would have to turn it off.
Mine is pretty much the same as my 4th gen was, very hot for the first 30mins then seems to get cooler and cooler. I do wish it has a few levels like the seats.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Yea, I'm taking mine in for the steering wheel heat and to find out why my Sirius radio isn't even showing up on my head unit.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
2022 Sport GT = Gentle Truck. Doesn’t want to burn your hands 😬😂

Rebel2022

Reaction score
any news when update 7 will come? As update to version .6 still gives issues
Probably a while since .6 just came out 2 weeks ago. Althought they have built quite a few 22’s with uconnnect 5 so lots of customers will be complaining so hopefully they will act fast. Also dealers will start replacing head units just because most are clueless about this kind of issue so a big spike in warranty may help as well. My dealer is replacing mine next week even though I am 95% sure this is all software related but I’m just going to let them do their thing.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm only a month in with around 400 miles but not major issues with my UC5 system. It lost one of the pages I setup one time, but everything has been fine since (knock on wood). I'm not sure if I'm on .5 or .6. I'll have to check the next time I'm in the truck

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Not necessarily. .6 was released 3 1/2 weeks after .5 was released.
Yikes, you mean to say .5 wasn’t the first and there was a .4? I can’t imagine the level of bugginess! Here’s to hoping you are right and they’re quick

Users who are viewing this thread