5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

LimitedBend

Reaction score
LOL, that it never existed.
Typical stealership unfortunately.
Does your 360 degree view still work? It uses those same cameras as the mirror view which show the lines on the left and right side.

I can send you pictures of my mirror cameras if you think it might help.
I would love a screenshot of that. And yes, the 360 view is still complete.

And yeah, they even brought out a print off from the unconnect manual to 'prove' that this wasn't a documented feature.

My service advisor however wasn't willing to give up on this and said he will keep digging in things, which I do appreciate.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

And yeah, they even brought out a print off from the unconnect manual to 'prove' that this wasn't a documented feature.

My service advisor however wasn't willing to give up on this and said he will keep digging in things, which I do appreciate.
The new software update on the 2022’s (MY23.T25.48) is originally for 2023 Rams. There’s something with the software that is looking for 2023 model year from the BCM, and that’s why the mirror camera soft keys disappeared.
I manually installed 25.48 about 5 months ago on my 2022 and I had to use AlfaOBD to change VehConfig 1 Model year to 2023 to get the mirror camera soft keys back.

Here’s pics of the software, what the screen looks like when the radio is told it’s in a 2022 ram, and what the screen looks looks like after it’s told it’s in a 2023 ram:
IMG_5233.jpeg
IMG_5236.jpeg
IMG_5234.jpeg

LimitedBend

Reaction score
The new software update on the 2022’s (MY23.T25.48) is originally for 2023 Rams. There’s something with the software that is looking for 2023 model year from the BCM, and that’s why the mirror camera soft keys disappeared.
I manually installed 25.48 about 5 months ago on my 2022 and I had to use AlfaOBD to change VehConfig 1 Model year to 2023 to get the mirror camera soft keys back.

Here’s pics of the software, what the screen looks like when the radio is told it’s in a 2022 ram, and what the screen looks looks like after it’s told it’s in a 2023 ram:
View attachment 164007
View attachment 164008
View attachment 164009
Interesting.

I may have to look into that.

On another note, I HATE the 'new' background on the Limited theme. It used to be nice sort of brushed metal look and now it lookes like the pattern created by a badly dithered GIF from the 90s. Wtf. I literally thought it was an error at first.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

These are pictures I JUST took from my 2022 Limited
2023-07-28 12.28.40.jpg 2023-07-28 12.28.45.jpg 2023-07-28 12.28.48.jpg 2023-07-28 12.28.57.jpg 2023-07-28 12.29.15.jpg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I did a reset, and the mirror cams are still gone. Had an existing appointment at the dealership brought this up with them. They chewed on it for a bit then came back saying their stellantis rep and the computer documentation doesn't show anything beyond the three cameras that are still in the list, and couldn't find any evidence that the feature ever existed. They said maybe it was removed because of a bug and they couldn't do anything further @RamCares what gives!!!? This is a feature that I've come to love and use every day!!
Thanks for your tag, LimitedBend,

We received and escalated similar feedback on the forum to the Uconnect team to work on a resolution! At this time, we are welcoming anyone experiencing this concern to PM us with their VIN, and any additional concerns they're noticing, to ensure a case is documented to help push for a resolution as soon as possible.

Steph
Ram Cares

GunSm0ke

Reaction score

We received and escalated similar feedback on the forum to the Uconnect team to work on a resolution! At this time, we are welcoming anyone experiencing this concern to PM us with their VIN, and any additional concerns they're noticing, to ensure a case is documented to help push for a resolution as soon as possible.

Steph
Ram Cares
I'm having the same issue after the update.

Randboye

Reaction score
Just heard a report from the TRX forum that someone with a 2022 truck just received an OTA - his truck is now running FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD. I was under the impression that the 2022 trucks wouldn't be receiving MY23 software. Can anyone on this forum (with a 2022 truck) confirm that they've moved to this new MY23 software?
I got the new MY 23.T2548-PROD

RcCola

Reaction score
I need to know why the gauge widget does not display the information, only sometimes it does, and sometimes it’s not all of them, but most of the time it displays no information, what the hell? Also, if you choose a smaller widget and select gauges, it only has two, not all four, how do you display more of them in the smaller widget?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I need to know why the gauge widget does not display the information, only sometimes it does, and sometimes it’s not all of them, but most of the time it displays no information, what the hell? Also, if you choose a smaller widget and select gauges, it only has two, not all four, how do you display more of them in the smaller widget?
You might be better off making your own thread for whatever it is you are trying to figure out, and add pictures.

332EMDGMOLE

Reaction score
Just heard a report from the TRX forum that someone with a 2022 truck just received an OTA - his truck is now running FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD. I was under the impression that the 2022 trucks wouldn't be receiving MY23 software. Can anyone on this forum (with a 2022 truck) confirm that they've moved to this new MY23 software?
Confirmed

LimitedBend

Reaction score

Steph
Ram Cares
Any updates?

jackedin

Reaction score
Given how poorly things are for the Durango folks I wouldn’t expect anything but lip service from the Cares team.
Those guys ( @RamCares) are a one way street , they'll ask for a PM and VIN # and then ghost you. If your lucky they'll reply and tell you to call their useless 800 # . I have yet to see them post any real solutions.They wont even post the "What's New" information from new OTA updates. Their fake concern and pleasantries are disingenuous.

We should probably start a sticky thread called : What has @RamCares done (resolve) for you today ?
We can use the thread for entertainment.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those guys ( @RamCares) are a one way street , they'll ask for a PM and VIN # and then ghost you. If your lucky they'll reply and tell you to call their useless 800 # . I have yet to see them post any real solutions.They wont even post the "What's New" information from new OTA updates. Their fake concern and pleasantries are disingenuous.

We should probably start a sticky thread called : What has @RamCares done (resolve) for you today ?
We can use the thread for entertainment.
They're a social media outreach team. They just pass information along to Ram. They're not technicians, and they're not mechanics.

jackedin

Reaction score
They're a social media outreach team. They just pass information along to Ram. They're not technicians, and they're not mechanics.
Yeah I'm aware captain obvious, your missing my point. They are offering help (i.e. passing the information along to Ram) and not following through. They are neither customer care nor social media outreach.

s8er01z

Reaction score
Yeah I'm aware captain obvious, your missing my point. They are offering help (i.e. passing the information along to Ram) and not following through. They are neither customer care nor social media outreach.
This. We all know exactly what these people are and I don’t even expect them to be technical. Clearly they are not working with anyone who actually has information and over the past 2 years I’ve heard “an update is coming soon” about a dozen times and have received 1 (a few years ago at this point). If not for the forum members sharing update files I wouldn’t even have a working radio.

Users who are viewing this thread