5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uConnect 12.1" & 8.4" - Intermittent Pauses in Audio for All Sources

d_THRILL

Reaction score
FINALLY!!! Good news guys... Im told by my Star rep today that a TSB has been released today addressing this very issue. I only have the TSB number right now which is 08-009-19 REV. A. Hopefully this is the end of this. I’ll report back after I know more. Of course, if you find the actual pdf of this TSB please post it here.

@96Dodge4x4 fyi

I asked my star rep for a pdf version of this updated TSB but she can't provide. However, she told me it addresses the following:

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: Customers may experience one or more of the following:•
**Audio distortion.
•Uconnect App inoperative.
•Navigation route guidance incorrect.
•Radio locked up.
**•Voice recognition inoperative.
•Navigation locks up and/or black screen.
•Missing CarPlayTmessage
“Device Not Present? when using the IPhoneTdisplay screen.
•Split screen with incorrect display.
•Radio display screen may flicker.
•Poor Bluetooth audio.
•Radio will intermittently reset.
•SXMTaudio stops working.
•SXM missing the menu and/or display graphics.

In addition, the following improvements are included:
•**Radio reception improvements.
**•AndroidAutoT/CarPlay enhancements.
•Language enhancements.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@96Dodge4x4 fyi

I asked my star rep for a pdf version of this updated TSB but she can't provide. However, she told me it addresses the following:

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: Customers may experience one or more of the following:•
**Audio distortion.
•Uconnect App inoperative.
•Navigation route guidance incorrect.
•Radio locked up.
**•Voice recognition inoperative.
•Navigation locks up and/or black screen.
•Missing CarPlayTmessage
“Device Not Present? when using the IPhoneTdisplay screen.
•Radio display screen may flicker.
•Poor Bluetooth audio.
•Radio will intermittently reset.
•SXMTaudio stops working.
•SXM missing the menu and/or display graphics.

In addition, the following improvements are included:
•**Radio reception improvements.
**•AndroidAutoT/CarPlay enhancements.
•Language enhancements.
Of course this TSB would be released right after FCA decided that they needed to swap my fully functional radio (minus the app functionality) for a new radio that now has a functioning app but issues with the radio itself. Nice work FCA. I have been saying for the 7 months I have owned the truck that the app issue was software related and not hardware related but the geniuses at FCA decided otherwise. Now one week after I get my truck back a TSB will resolve the app problem when I could have kept my fully functional radio and waited for the TSB. Unbelievable.

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
Have you had the update done yet? Asked my dealer about it and they said I would probably get update over the air. As for me, I received a new radio for my tone. I picked up the truck last night. On my drive home I noticed they put some scratches around my phone charging area. Nice. I also noticed that my AC does not seem to get that cold (just starting to warm up here in Wisconsin and I have not used it much since purchase). Good grief. This morning I started it up and no audio at all. I had to shuffle through the audio inputs to get it to work. I guess my new radio did not have the new update on it. Will be making another appointment.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you had the update done yet? Asked my dealer about it and they said I would probably get update over the air. As for me, I received a new radio for my tone. I picked up the truck last night. On my drive home I noticed they put some scratches around my phone charging area. Nice. I also noticed that my AC does not seem to get that cold (just starting to warm up here in Wisconsin and I have not used it much since purchase). Good grief. This morning I started it up and no audio at all. I had to shuffle through the audio inputs to get it to work. I guess my new radio did not have the new update on it. Will be making another appointment.
Sorry to hear about your radio issues and scratches. I had mine replaced and they did an outstanding job. I was worried about damage but it was a flawless removal and install. Of course I now have issue with the new radio I didn’t have with the original. Mine is a refurb for sure based on the radio ID info. I’m still waiting to hear from FCA about what they are going to do to fix it. Unbelievable.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
I haven’t taken mine in for the update yet. I’m waiting on parts to come in for my brakes and will get it all done at once. Won’t happen until 2nd week of June

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
I was told by Uconnect through an email update does not apply to my truck? Not sure why. I have the 8.4 with nav.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For 12”
I just spoke to my Service Manger and he said he contacted FCA about the new TSB you mention above and they told him it they were not aware of it. Do you have any additional info from your rep? My radio still will not allow me to set presets or favorites when in Sirius mode. FCA is telling my dealer that it's a Sirius issue not a radio issue and should be addressed by and update. I am skeptical but FCA will not replace the radio at this point so I am waiting for some kind of answer so I can use my radio as it was designed and not have to scroll through 900+ channels every time I want to change stations. Is @RamCares monitoring? Maybe someone there can get some answers for me.

Chris

Reaction score
I just spoke to my Service Manger and he said he contacted FCA about the new TSB you mention above and they told him it they were not aware of it. Do you have any additional info from your rep? My radio still will not allow me to set presets or favorites when in Sirius mode. FCA is telling my dealer that it's a Sirius issue not a radio issue and should be addressed by and update. I am skeptical but FCA will not replace the radio at this point so I am waiting for some kind of answer so I can use my radio as it was designed and not have to scroll through 900+ channels every time I want to change stations. Is @RamCares monitoring? Maybe someone there can get some answers for me.
It's actually been posted in the really useful TSB thread since January:

Reactions: MJP

d_THRILL

Reaction score

312rebel

Reaction score
Did you all get a fix with the new update? I was told mine should be updated bc I bought it on the 22nd of June (this year). What’s the latest application version I should be running? This is what I have

My back up camera just stopped working and my audio also has pauses.

Attachments

• 20B27806-6CAF-483F-9E6C-5A672D3E75FA.jpeg
    20B27806-6CAF-483F-9E6C-5A672D3E75FA.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 12

d_THRILL

Reaction score
They updated mine in June. Can't tell you if it fixed it or not since we've had warmer weather and I haven't had the problem since March. We'll see come late fall/Winter!

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
I haven't had the issue since March, coincidentally with the arrival of warmer weather.

Although, I did notice before (when I was having the issue) that if you attempt to open or lock the door without your keys present, the centre and instrument LCD clusters would light up. Now it doesn't.

Wondering if some sort of update was pushed to our trucks? The OS build/version is the same as when I had the issues though....

Helmetface

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck two days ago (late June build).

I've noticed that my 8.4" does this pretty frequently. Sad face.

Tones1975

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck two days ago (late June build).

I've noticed that my 8.4" does this pretty frequently. Sad face.
Just picked my truck up yesterday and had the blue/black screen and audio cutting in and out. Has 8.4c and it was over 20⁰ celcius yesterday. I'm in Canada. Lol. Not a good feeling as I just took a hit by trading in my 2018 sport after a year. The sport had no issues.

Helmetface

Reaction score
Just picked my truck up yesterday and had the blue/black screen and audio cutting in and out. Has 8.4c and it was over 20⁰ celcius yesterday. I'm in Canada. Lol. Not a good feeling as I just took a hit by trading in my 2018 sport after a year. The sport had no issues.

I hear ya. I'm hoping these nuisance issues do not add up and make me start regretting things... it's such a damn nice truck.

Tones1975

Reaction score
I hear ya. I'm hoping these nuisance issues do not add up and make me start regretting things... it's such a damn nice truck.
It really is. I don't wanna regret buying this new truck. Backup camera is now required by law in Canada now so I would think this issue could cause legal problems for FCA if a child gets backed over during a blur screen event.

blazenlo

Reaction score
Trucks a week old. Audio cutting in and out - back up camera/blue screen. Pulled over shut the truck off and still doing it.
It needs to go in to fix a rambox that won't open so I guess I'll add this to the list...
Coming from a 2014 Ram Sport with ZERO issues...I'm not gonna lie, this 11 page thread with no fix isn't giving me the warm fuzzy!
(Alpine 12" with 60miles on her)

EDIT: Received a email today that Uconnect was sending an OTA update today! I thought, how convenient! Update never pushed through today...I just went back to the email and it was for the VIN of my flawless '14 I just traded in. HAHAHAHA
Well played RAM....well played...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread