5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LazyBoy

Reaction score
Anyone know what’s the best tuner is to use when recalibrating speedometer to match larger tires? I am running a 6” RC lift with 35” tires. Any help is appreciated.

WR986

Reaction score
I used Rough country. Also adjusted the trans shift point and ride control

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
Any other information or threads on this? I put 33" Cooper Discoverer AT3s with 2" level on my '19 Laramie longhorn and the shifts feel different. Not sure if it's just the heavier tires or if I need to recalibrate anything.

Nick57

Reaction score
Any other information or threads on this? I put 33" Cooper Discoverer AT3s with 2" level on my '19 Laramie longhorn and the shifts feel different. Not sure if it's just the heavier tires or if I need to recalibrate anything.
You shouldn't need one with that small of a jump from the factory 275/55r20 if that's what it came with. How ever if you want one I would recommend the TAZER DT. It's got some fun features on it and is close to the same price as most standard calibrators.

Choate

Reaction score
I did it and made the fogs stay on with high beams with jscan app for iPhone, a $30 OBD II reader and the security bypass cable. Total cost for everything was around $60. If you don’t want or need a lot of features and have an iPhone this is the way to go IMO. It’s exactly what I needed

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
If you plan on changing other BCM parameters in the future, I’d recommend using AlfaOBD. I used it to recalibrate the speedometer for LT275/65R20 Cooper AT3 XLT’s. My calculated circumference came out to 2672mm. The speedo reads spot on with GPS and causes no issues with the parking sensors.

drafting1442

Reaction score
Hey I still have my factory 20" wheels but put a different tire than factory. Now my Speedometer is off about 8-10%. Looking for something to fix this as my Ram dealer said they couldn't adjust it for me. Also would like one to do an mds delete with true dual exhaust.

mplaramie

Reaction score
JSCAN, AlphaOBD or Tazer DT are good options. With Jscan and AlphaOBD you need a cheap 12+8 Chrysler security cable and Bluetooth OBD reader.

Users who are viewing this thread