5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I hesitate to do it on this one as I spent almost a decade living the dream of too hot, pop the hood at the next stop and adjust the valve, too cold (for my wife), pop the hood at the next stop and...
LOL, I can imagine what that was like. I won't do the hack because quite frankly it's their issue to fix while it's still under warranty. A lot of people are worried about the tech damaging the interior, but response to that is to photograph your interior so if something is broken, they won't be able to deny it and will have to repair that as well. I'm very happy with the service I've received from the dealership in the past, which is the reason I'm more willing to get them to perform the HVAC housing replacement. Fingers crossed there won't be any problems.

2wd

Reaction score
LOL, I can imagine what that was like. I won't do the hack because quite frankly it's their issue to fix while it's still under warranty. A lot of people are worried about the tech damaging the interior, but response to that is to photograph your interior so if something is broken, they won't be able to deny it and will have to repair that as well. I'm very happy with the service I've received from the dealership in the past, which is the reason I'm more willing to get them to perform the HVAC housing replacement. Fingers crossed there won't be any problems.

I also have a pretty good dealer, but my main reason for not proceeding with the TSB is so many folks reporting marginal gains (3-5 degree improvement vs the hack which is 8-10 degrees for most people on the drivers side).

Would you be willing to post pre and post TSB driver and passenger temps In this thread?

It would help determine if the TSB is a marginal fix or is a good fix but dealers are messing something up.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I also have a pretty good dealer, but my main reason for not proceeding with the TSB is so many folks reporting marginal gains (3-5 degree improvement vs the hack which is 8-10 degrees for most people on the drivers side).

Would you be willing to post pre and post TSB driver and passenger temps In this thread?

It would help determine if the TSB is a marginal fix or is a good fix but dealers are messing something up.
I can certainly post before & after results. I'm just waiting to get a call back letting me know the parts are in.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, round 2 they did nothing. Dealer said a 7-9 degree variance is “within spec”

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Time to do round three and let them know if they don't fix it you are filing lemon law.

dsmonline

Reaction score
Got mine done yesterday, big difference in A/C performance and it now cools as a truck should. Took truck in a few weeks ago with a copy of the TSB, Service Manager said they have to check freon levels first before ordering parts. They topped off (supposedly) the freon and ask for me to drive it a week and if it still did not cool properly, bring it back. Took it back and parts were ordered. All the parts came in and we scheduled the work for yesterday. Dropped the truck off at 8am, they called at 5pm to come pick it up, they even washed it. Noticed a nice improvement in cooling right away on the drive home and now both sides of the front vents feel the same. Happy camper!

Tarheel14

Reaction score
Mines currently getting this done. Hopefully it makes a difference. The dealer was more than helpful. Hopefully done by tomorrow.

2wd

Reaction score
Ended up doing my own TSB - the heater core shut off valve. Vent temps in this humidity down from 52 to 42. Huge improvement. It feels like a totally new truck in the summer.

Folks in the "How's your 2021 AC" thread were depressing me. They have the updated HVAC housing that the TSB installs into 19's and 20's and many were still not this low. I'm sure it's an improvement but I just wanted to go for the sure thing.

Good luck to everybody getting the TSB and keep posting vent temps pre and post. Data is king

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I can certainly post before & after results. I'm just waiting to get a call back letting me know the parts are in.
So I dropped my baby off on Tues. and let them know that I'm in no rush, I'd rather they take their time with it. Just picked it up now and there is a definite improvement. Before temps were 51/43 and a quick check now shows 45/43 while outside it's 83. Definitely not the best performing AC I've ever had but at least now it's annoying to have it blowing full blast on my hands & face fulltime.

KcRay

Reaction score
So I dropped my baby off on Tues. and let them know that I'm in no rush, I'd rather they take their time with it. Just picked it up now and there is a definite improvement. Before temps were 51/43 and a quick check now shows 45/43 while outside it's 83. Definitely not the best performing AC I've ever had but at least now it's annoying to have it blowing full blast on my hands & face fulltime.
Good update, thanks for the temperature readings

2wd

Reaction score

Thanks for posting numbers and not just "it's good" - that is a significant improvement in vent temps from the 50's.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It was in the 90s today and definitely felt like the AC wasn’t blowing cold enough. Don’t know if I should go for the TSB or try the valve. 🤔

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
It was in the 90s today and definitely felt like the AC wasn’t blowing cold enough. Don’t know if I should go for the TSB or try the valve. 🤔
Personally, I'm happy I went with the TSB. In my mind it's a significant design flaw and Ram needs to fix it properly. From what I've read of the hack, since it works by cutting off the hot water from entering the heater core, if you want to adjust the temp you need to pop the hood and adjust the valve to let some through. Sorry but that for me would get very annoying very fast. Others are happy going that route.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Try a hose clamp to see if it's an improvement, then decide if its worth being without your truck for a few days in the hands of the dealership. Anything that keeps me out of the Chrysler service center is worth it's weight in gold and tinkering in my garage while enjoying a beer is priceless

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Finally took mine in yesterday morning to get this done. No word yet on whether they are actually doing it. In true dealer fashion, was told I'd get a call by late afternoon and here it is the next day and no updates. Just have to wait and see. They did indicate they'd done a few already, so maybe they are just hard at work on it and hoping to get it back to me today, but I doubt it.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
...In true dealer fashion, was told I'd get a call by late afternoon and here it is the next day and no updates. Just have to wait and see....
I've been either extremely lucky or this has to be an American dealership thing. Regardless of brand I have never experienced this with any of the dealerships I've dealt with including the really crappy/incompetent ones.

BigHerm611

Reaction score
I brought mine into the dealer today. They had to inspect the truck, to see if it qualifies for the TSB. obviously, it did, so now we wait 7 days for parts, then schedule another appointment. I’m hoping to have this done before hurricane season gets going, but not looking good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ac1dd

Reaction score
I brought mine into the dealer today. They had to inspect the truck, to see if it qualifies for the TSB. obviously, it did, so now we wait 7 days for parts, then schedule another appointment. I’m hoping to have this done before hurricane season gets going, but not looking good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know why these dealers are trying to claim that the TSB requires that they inspect anything at all. The ONLY requirement in the official TSB is that the customer indicates
poorly performing AC, that is all.

Hope the work goes well and the shop does a good job. If you can follow up with us here, you might help someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread