5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB 18-008-20 throttle lag

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will have to remove the pedal commander before I can take it in.

Of course it says for the 2020 and I have a 2021. But it was built in
November before this update.

Malodave

Last edited:

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
How does one get a dealer to do this tsb if they can find it??? 😒🤣

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In Canada just north of Toronto.
Are you in Barrie area? I'm in Oro Medonte and I took my truck to Mac Lang for the first time in Orillia. I voiced my concerns about the throttle lag etc and they did the update.

If you went to Barrie Chrysler they are F'n useless.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Are you in Barrie area? I'm in Oro Medonte and I took my truck to Mac Lang for the first time in Orillia. I voiced my concerns about the throttle lag etc and they did the update.

If you went to Barrie Chrysler they are F'n useless.

Loretto. Truck is at Orangeville Chrysler for remote start issues. The service rep says he'll look into TSBs for the truck but if the vin doesn't require any they can't do them. Fun fun...

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Loretto. Truck is at Orangeville Chrysler for remote start issues. The service rep says he'll look into TSBs for the truck but if the vin doesn't require any they can't do them. Fun fun...
Brutal. These dealers are so frustrating sometimes. When I had my 2019 the 12" screen was acting up and Barrie Chrysler refused to even look at a video of it happening. They said they need to witness it.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I've had the chance to put some more miles on. The update is definitely worth it and throttle response is way better. Getting on the highway near my house it would always have a big delay, that is now gone. It drives so much better now.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll call Mac Lang and see if I can get it done. 400 / Barrie won’t update it...
Just say describe the problem and say you're having driveability issues. I was very happy with their service.

Barry Chrysler wouldn't help me either. I won't be going to them anymore. I'm sick of dealers that do everything but fix the problem.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll call Mac Lang and see if I can get it done. 400 / Barrie won’t update it...
Any update?
This TSB pretty much fixes the driveability issues 100%. It drives like a gas engine now.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have a link? I have an appt. Friday and I am trying to figure out what I'm going to say to them when I walk in that might coerce them to flash my truck for me.
I told my dealer I heard there was a tsb and my truck suffers from more than average lag, and the cruise control doesn't maintain speed well. I then described the driving issues in detail (obviously exaggerating a bit).
The update is a game changer. I have a merge onto a highway right by my house where my truck would always lag because there's a 90 degree turn before the on ramp starts, so I would always coast down and then when I'd get back on it there was lag. Now it's gone completely, the truck downshifts as expected and accelerates.

I was set on getting my truck tuned by GDE when they come out with it, but with this update I will probably hold off a while.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I told my dealer I heard there was a tsb and my truck suffers from more than average lag, and the cruise control doesn't maintain speed well. I then described the driving issues in detail (obviously exaggerating a bit).
The update is a game changer. I have a merge onto a highway right by my house where my truck would always lag because there's a 90 degree turn before the on ramp starts, so I would always coast down and then when I'd get back on it there was lag. Now it's gone completely, the truck downshifts as expected and accelerates.

I was set on getting my truck tuned by GDE when they come out with it, but with this update I will probably hold off a while.

Cool. And we're CERTAIN that this update just came out in December 2020?

Reason I ask is because in November 2020 I was at my dealer asking for the latest flash, and they found one and flashed my truck. When I left, it felt like a totally different vehicle. Great shifting, no lag, better all around. But then after 500 miles or so it learned its old habits and went back to exactly the way it was before. Anyhow...point is I don't want to go in there Friday asking for the new flash if the new flash is already what they did. I'll look stupid then. Lol.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cool. And we're CERTAIN that this update just came out in December 2020?

Reason I ask is because in November 2020 I was at my dealer asking for the latest flash, and they found one and flashed my truck. When I left, it felt like a totally different vehicle. Great shifting, no lag, better all around. But then after 500 miles or so it learned its old habits and went back to exactly the way it was before. Anyhow...point is I don't want to go in there Friday asking for the new flash if the new flash is already what they did. I'll look stupid then. Lol.
Not certain but based off the date on that bulletin posted I'd say it's new. On my service receipt they listed the tsb number. Do you have your service receipt from November?
Looking at the TSB posted it says it supercedes the original TSB which had a release date of January 2020. This is revision A. My technician put it as 18-008-21

Attachments

• 20210217_201230.jpg
    20210217_201230.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Not certain but based off the date on that bulletin posted I'd say it's new. On my service receipt they listed the tsb number. Do you have your service receipt from November?
Looking at the TSB posted it says it supercedes the original TSB which had a release date of January 2020. This is revision A. My technician put it as 18-008-21
The dealership supposedly flashed mine too, but they didn't specifically state on my receipt the TSB #
I asked them to check for updates on the remote start because of intermittent no response while trying to remote start. My service advisor did mention I had a code for the remote start but did not mention what code it was nor did I ask.
My question now is, the TSB 18-008-20 the same thing as TSB 18-008-21 as far as the pedal delay?
So far I have experienced pedal lag one time since the flash but I was on a uphill incline at a stop light but I didn't really mash on the throttle either, but it was a pretty big delay from once I applied pressure till the truck actually moved.
Here is a pic of my receipt.

Attachments

• 20210217_213736.jpg
    20210217_213736.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 32

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealership supposedly flashed mine too, but they didn't specifically state on my receipt the TSB #
I asked them to check for updates on the remote start because of intermittent no response while trying to remote start. My service advisor did mention I had a code for the remote start but did not mention what code it was nor did I ask.
My question now is, the TSB 18-008-20 the same thing as TSB 18-008-21 as far as the pedal delay?
So far I have experienced pedal lag one time since the flash but I was on a uphill incline at a stop light but I didn't really mash on the throttle either, but it was a pretty big delay from once I applied pressure till the truck actually moved.
Here is a pic of my receipt.
I'm assuming 18-008-21 is the same as 18-008-20 RevA. Perhaps their system won't allow to put revision A.

As for the delay from a stop on a hill, are you sure it wasn't the hill start assist? The truck will hold the brakes slightly on an incline so you won't roll back. It takes a bit of throttle to get it to move. My old Jeep SRT and girlfriends Jeep are the same.

taumaz

Reaction score
Had the TSB applied to my truck as well, huge improvement to the response. But the only reason they would actually reflash the PCM was because the TSB included a fix for remote start issues and i had a few saved codes from times it failed to start in cold weather with the remote.

So yesterday in -20c it faild to remote start again - even after the update.

Users who are viewing this thread