5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm hoping we can do this to the 2025's eventually! That's all I think this truck is missing.

billfraley

Reaction score
Well, after driving the truck a few time with the console shifter, I don’t think I would ever want to go back to the dial. It just feels more natural and more appropriate with the shifter in hand while driving. It could be because I have driven manual trans vehicles so often in my life.

I believe this mod is absolutely worth the effort.

billfraley

Reaction score
For anyone who may still not understand what wires need to be extended, here is an image of the connector marked up with the wires that needed to be extended and pinned from the Rotary shifter connector

Attachments

• console_connector.png
    console_connector.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 4

Quietpeen

Reaction score
For anyone who may still not understand what wires need to be extended, here is an image of the connector marked up with the wires that needed to be extended and pinned from the Rotary shifter connector
That's good info but that is the connector on the console. Here is the IP harness connector that needs to be pinned if someone gets the proper terminals to use.

X360A_IP.jpg

billfraley

Reaction score
Yes. Just adding info and pictures for visual aid. It's very easy to be looking at the wrong side of the connector and pin it wrong.
Probably true if you are not swapping an entire console. The other side is already pinned to the same wiring scheme if you have a full replacement GT or TRX console. But good point nonetheless.

Also, I think its a good possibility that any trim level with the GT option may already have these pinned on both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread