5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Quality

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Truck King (youtube channel) just tested one here in Canada. $120K (not launch edition either).

Ouch.

I could put one heck of a blower in my truck and still have room left over for a Jeep in the driveway.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous, the ones around me are either for msrp or lightly discounted. That all being said, I really do question the 6.2 being sold for much longer. SRT was pretty much axed as a division yesterday by Stellantis, with a lot of these engines not being able to pass emissions, I don’t see even the mighty 5.7 lasting more than 5-10 years from now; let alone the 6.2 Hellcats. So who knows, the TRX may only be around for a year or two.
An electric TRX with a range of 600 miles...now we're talking!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you dont live any place its too cold (your 4x4 wont work, your autostart wont work, your air suspension will fail, etc., etc.)
and
if you dont live any place it rains (windshield leak, rear window leak, shark anteanna leak, 3rd brake light leak, water in housings, rambox randomly opening)
and
your batteries dont drain
and

you dont get the secret engine code warning

you might be OK
Don’t forget about the major vibration issues, that I had on my 19 and I read are still going on, on the 21’s! With no fix😩

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous, the ones around me are either for msrp or lightly discounted. That all being said, I really do question the 6.2 being sold for much longer. SRT was pretty much axed as a division yesterday by Stellantis, with a lot of these engines not being able to pass emissions, I don’t see even the mighty 5.7 lasting more than 5-10 years from now; let alone the 6.2 Hellcats. So who knows, the TRX may only be around for a year or two.
Disappointing early move by the new mother company. They obvioulsy don't understand what that focused group of folks did for not just Dodge and Chrysler, but the modern day evolution of the Horsepower Wars. I get that electric motor assist is coming to complement performance with emission standards, but some of us want more than status quo. I won't be surprised to hear when Ram goes back under the Dodge name, but I'm not one who be in line for a hybrid or ev when it comes time to replace my Ram.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This makes me laugh. Head over to Ford and Chevy forums. They are plagued with issues. Every manufacturer has major issues. Very biased observation, but it is your opinion. I’m sure a lot of ppl would debate your opinion for days who come from other brands. Ppl pay way for for Tesla for example. Their quality control is literally nonexistent.
I want to qualify this by saying I love my truck....but, my observation is based on my own first-hand experience. .. this truck has been back at the dealer for warranty repairs more than my last four vehicles combined... including the 2015 GMC Sierra that went back zero times.. that’s just the fact of the matter. I know all vehicles can potentially have problems, it’s just that my RAM has had way more than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned, and I’ve owned a lot

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I want to qualify this by saying I love my truck....but, my observation is based on my own first-hand experience. .. this truck has been back at the dealer for warranty repairs more than my last four vehicles combined... including the 2015 GMC Sierra that went back zero times.. that’s just the fact of the matter. I know all vehicles can potentially have problems, it’s just that my RAM has had way more than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned, and I’ve owned a lot
Agree with you.

While I also love my truck, it has been to the dealer at least a dozen times for miscellaneous issues like AC not cooling, ambient lighting not working from the factory, center console squeaks, brake squeal, then brake chirp, dead battery, USB ports working intermittently, dead battery, passenger mirror stopped folding, and on and on and on.

This in the first year of ownership. Like you, this truck has been at the dealer more times than my past five vehicles combined. And now, I have some more rattles that have popped up, and the passenger surround camera is going in and out intermittently.

It does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling of things to come when my warranty runs out in June, so I am working on my exit strategy and shopping for alternatives.

Cheers,

NDanecker

Reaction score
I agree. The clock is counting down for these SC hemi v8s. I feel like this time will be compared to the pre-emission 60's where cubic inches ruled.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree with you.

While I also love my truck, it has been to the dealer at least a dozen times for miscellaneous issues like AC not cooling, ambient lighting not working from the factory, center console squeaks, brake squeal, then brake chirp, dead battery, USB ports working intermittently, dead battery, passenger mirror stopped folding, and on and on and on.

This in the first year of ownership. Like you, this truck has been at the dealer more times than my past five vehicles combined. And now, I have some more rattles that have popped up, and the passenger surround camera is going in and out intermittently.

It does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling of things to come when my warranty runs out in June, so I am working on my exit strategy and shopping for alternatives.

Cheers,
It’s a shame because they really are nice trucks.. there’s just something about these RAMS that just strikes a chord with me. I would never have put up with this many issues with my GMC because I never felt emotionally attached to it..

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here, I’ve owned 4 new Chevy trucks over the last 16 years, never really had a issue with any of them, the few times I had a issue it was taken care of right away. I also had a 15 Silverado I traded for my 19 ram, the Silverado had 0 issues!

NDanecker

Reaction score
Honestly they all have their issues. Sometimes you get a good one and others a bad time. I think more people complain then praise so seeing these negative comments will steer people down the road that the brand sucks when in fact it is quite good. All brands have issues. Buy the one that makes you happy and if you are one of the unfortunate one that gets a bad one, try again. Or don't. That is what makes this great - we all have a choice!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly they all have their issues. Sometimes you get a good one and others a bad time. I think more people complain then praise so seeing these negative comments will steer people down the road that the brand sucks when in fact it is quite good. All brands have issues. Buy the one that makes you happy and if you are one of the unfortunate one that gets a bad one, try again. Or don't. That is what makes this great - we all have a choice!
Like I said, I love my truck. I do not regret buying it at all.. however, the first 6 - 12 months really tested my patience, that’s for sure. The dealership where I bought it has a terrible service department, so that doesn’t help.. I found a better dealer since then, and things have improved.. I have been 100% trouble free for almost a year now. The last 2 issues being the leaking rear window and the heating
element failed in my driver side view mirror..

Getting back to the OP’s concerns, not sure you will ever receive $90k service at a Dodge dealership..

My wife has an Acura MDX.. nothing fancy.. similar list price to my truck.. the service that she gets at the Acura dealer is like night and day compared to Dodge.. no comparison.. it’s almost as if Dodge’s Service Managers are instructed to always initially say “no”, and all “ yes’s” require escalation. Should be the other way around..

Users who are viewing this thread