5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Quality

NDanecker

Reaction score
Getting back to the OP’s concerns, not sure you will ever receive $90k service at a Dodge dealership..

My wife has an Acura MDX.. nothing fancy.. similar list price to my truck.. the service that she gets at the Acura dealer is like night and day compared to Dodge.. no comparison.. it’s almost as if Dodge’s Service Managers are instructed to always initially say “no”, and all “ yes’s” require escalation. Should be the other way around..
I purchased a 2018 Trackhawk (not a cheap vehicle) and after 2k miles started to have issues with the 4 to 5 shift. Majority of the time it would allow the motor to rev up a few hundred RPMS before completing the shift so much so that people I took for rides in the car asked about it. Took it into the dealer (2 different dealers) and both refused to address it. One said there are no issues and no codes. Other dealer said same...no codes and 'working as designed.' Also stated we are not going to remove a transmission just to look. At that moment I knew I had to get rid of this vehicle. Their service sucks compared to BMW and Audi (2 vehicles my wife loves and owned). Service at those dealers are completely different. Never got spoken back to saying its working as designed. They fixed the issue and made us happy. Period.

What FCA doesn't realize is its not just about the car but about the service (whole experience). If you want to play in the big boys club you need to get the whole package together not just charge more for a vehicle with questionable better leather and higher horsepower motor. Attention to detail matters. Training in customer service also matters.

Buying a $90k truck (or paying above MSRP) for a truck that has its exhaust loosen up and front camera windshield mount fall within a few hundred miles is just sad.

bwsRam19

Reaction score
I've owned ford, dodge(ram),toyota, chevy and gmc trucks. I feel the dodge(ram) is the best bang for the buck at this time, but believe it or not I had the most problems out of the toyota. Just goes to show that they all have problems.

Ramtrx

Reaction score
I do believe fca tells service managers to do as little as possible. Mine was great. Yes, Mercedes Acura all them have amazing customer service. I cannot argue that. I had to take my truck in I’d say 7 times now. Completely unacceptable IMO but majority of these trucks are great. I have a lot of experience with Chrysler and work on most of my own stuff anyway. But only reason I’d want a trx over a build is it’s setup to handle the power. That’s what is fun, then try adding a few more hundred hp. Yes please!!! Take my money.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Like I said, I love my truck. I do not regret buying it at all.. however, the first 6 - 12 months really tested my patience, that’s for sure. The dealership where I bought it has a terrible service department, so that doesn’t help.. I found a better dealer since then, and things have improved.. I have been 100% trouble free for almost a year now. The last 2 issues being the leaking rear window and the heating
element failed in my driver side view mirror..

Getting back to the OP’s concerns, not sure you will ever receive $90k service at a Dodge dealership..

My wife has an Acura MDX.. nothing fancy.. similar list price to my truck.. the service that she gets at the Acura dealer is like night and day compared to Dodge.. no comparison.. it’s almost as if Dodge’s Service Managers are instructed to always initially say “no”, and all “ yes’s” require escalation. Should be the other way around..
My 2019 hasn’t been back to the dealership since I bought it. The only thing wrong is the fit of the Ramboxes and I knew that when I bought it. Zero problems for this truck or the 2013 Ram before it. My 2007 GMC had to have the engine rebuilt because of oil consumption

Jrex

Reaction score
On the 2019 Laramie Sport had 2 minor issues:
1) Initial cabin cable rattle, fixed in 30 minutes at dealer.
2) Uconnect update, nuked my NAV screen, had to wait 3 weeks to get module.

But nothing that affected its drive-ability or leaks. Some of these experiences are out of control.

Research your state's lemon law and get rid of it. I had to do that with a Dodge Viper. It was the last years of the Gen2 GTS Vipers, Dodge had secretly decided to end Viper in 2000, In 2001 builds, they started going cheaper on engine internals and probably everything. Forged pistons to hyperbolics, water pump going from all steel shaft and propeller to plastic internals.

The water pump is what got me. Some of the new style, non metallic propellers, would start slipping on shaft, under hard driving, not rotate water thru radiator and overheat the car. It would drive fine in normal driving. Under heavy acceleration, temperature would creep up. After so many times of overheating it, pull it over to let cool off, the cylinder heads warped enough, to start pushing exhaust combustion hydrocarbon heat into coolant. Imagine you floor your sports car a few times on highway and red light would go on. This caused the overheating to start occuring with normal driving. I found all this out after the fact.

I had taken it to 3 different dealers and they all said there was nothing wrong, they would just let it idle outside for an hour. So I filed for Florida lemon law. Manufacture gets 3 repair attempts, which I already had documented, if it still is not fixed after final lemon law repair attempt, you go in front of judge and he awards you, a refund- manufacture has to buy back car. Daimler Chrysler had to buy the car back + any upgrades, I purchased minus so many cents per mile. I had under 600 miles on it. Did not have to get an attorney, very consumer friendly process.

After the final lemon law inspection, where Dodge flew in this Viper expert from Michigan and they said nothing is wrong. I was so mad, I said: OK, there is nothing wrong, just drive it. So that following Saturday, I took it out and drove it like it was my last day with it. Isn't that what a viper or Hellcat is meant for? About 30 minutes later, engine blew up, had it flat bedded to dealer. I still remember the look on the Viper Tech and service manager, when they had me start it and it was pouring out smoke, clanking, grinding...etc. I told them to tell DC Rep to send me my check.

A week later, I had a check for $89,000.00 and never saw car again. So can completely sympathize with some of these horror stories.

If you have the same problem occurring over and over again, you can make the manufacture buy it back, with lemon law. Why should we eat the depreciation.

Last edited:

Jrex

Reaction score

We have 2 Infiniti's. You go to the dealer for oil change or any warranty issue, they are handing you the same loaner model your drove in with, to use, no charge.

Oil change, take this $75,000.00 loaner QX80 and go shopping for a few hours, until oil change is complete. Warranty repair, keep the loaner until warranty repair is completed. No charge, no go get this tiny rental car, from rental company. The process is completely different. There is a difference for sure.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^They understand they can up-sell the next model year by letting you drive the latest and greatest while yours is being worked on. FCA/Stallantis could/should take note of this. My 2019 Ram Limited has been trouble free for 40,000+ miles. Its getting replaced soon with the TRX. Had it been a lemon, TRX would never have been a thought.

Jrex

Reaction score
^^^^They understand they can up-sell the next model year by letting you drive the latest and greatest while yours is being worked on. FCA/Stallantis could/should take note of this. My 2019 Ram Limited has been trouble free for 40,000+ miles. Its getting replaced soon with the TRX. Had it been a lemon, TRX would never have been a thought.

I never thought about like that, Good point. Makes perfect sense.

Me to on TRX.

Appreciate it.

Reaction score
Like I said, I love my truck. I do not regret buying it at all.. however, the first 6 - 12 months really tested my patience, that’s for sure. The dealership where I bought it has a terrible service department, so that doesn’t help.. I found a better dealer since then, and things have improved.. I have been 100% trouble free for almost a year now. The last 2 issues being the leaking rear window and the heating
element failed in my driver side view mirror..

Trust me I am through 29,000 miles with my 2019 1500 RAM. The problems keep on coming, over 55 days at dealership since 11/1/2019. Get out as quickly as possible. Countless phone calls, time and energy dropping at dealership for repairs, zero confidence with truck reliability.

Jrex

Reaction score
If I got a bad one, I would do the lemon law and make FCA buy it back. Check out your state lemon law. Florida is 3 failed repair attempts and FCA has to buy it back minus mileage deduction.

I have been lucky with 2019 and 2021.

ddharris

Reaction score
Mine 2019 has been problematic also.
1. Folding Mirror motor failure ( replaced passenger side folding mirror assembly)
2.Rear window frame crack / leak (entire rear glass replace)
3. Third brake light leak( new gasket)
4. Rear end whine( replaced rear pinion)
5. Upper glove box replaced for non functioning LED light.
6. Windshield Wiper motor bad ( motor currently on order)
Just turned 10k miles.

Luckily I have a company vehicle that I drive throughout the week.

made sure I purchased the extended warranty. If I didn’t almost have it paid off I would have parted with it. Not much confidence but I still like it so I will keep it.
This being said my experience with my dealership has been great.
Davis CDJR in Fernandina, Fl.

mophead

Reaction score
I tried the link and was going to donate a few grand, which is all I have in my pocket right now, but it came up with an error 😔
I need some help setting on of those up. No TRX just a humble Bighorn. $5000 would do me real good.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
If I got a bad one, I would do the lemon law and make FCA buy it back. Check out your state lemon law. Florida is 3 failed repair attempts and FCA has to buy it back minus mileage deduction.

I have been lucky with 2019 and 2021.
Do they reimburse purchase price or msrp? I could be unfortunately heading down this path.

41magmag41

Reaction score
Coming up on 53000, 2019 ram bighorn, 5.7, 3.92, regular 8 speed trans, 4x4. It has been back to the dealer twice, reflash the airbag shut down sequence and rear brake squeal when backing up when cold. Other than normal maint hasnt been to the dealer except for those two items and me swinging through the lot to see whats new.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine did this yesterday, think I need to take it in...somethings not right. It weighs almost 7000lbs.

Attachments

• 54113B84-BF0F-4909-A69B-4930BC253A1E.jpeg
    54113B84-BF0F-4909-A69B-4930BC253A1E.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

bwsRam19

Reaction score
Trust me I am through 29,000 miles with my 2019 1500 RAM. The problems keep on coming, over 55 days at dealership since 11/1/2019. Get out as quickly as possible. Countless phone calls, time and energy dropping at dealership for repairs, zero confidence with truck reliability.
I have had mine almost two years(2019 Laramie), hands down the best truck I've ever had, including a 2017 tundra(had it towed twice). This truck is the first one I've had where I didn't want to trade it off after a year.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 125,000 miles in FCA vehicles that are 2019 and newer. None have had any warranty work done to them.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This makes me laugh. Head over to Ford and Chevy forums. They are plagued with issues. Every manufacturer has major issues. Very biased observation, but it is your opinion. I’m sure a lot of ppl would debate your opinion for days who come from other brands. Ppl pay way for for Tesla for example. Their quality control is literally nonexistent.

Very true.

And, Dodge hasn't made trucks in over a decade.

kliffy77

Reaction score
My TRX seems to be fine in terms of general build quality, The only issue that i found was the right exhaust tip needed adjustment it was turned to the right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread