5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX hood for my 2021 Rebel

Guysramrebel

Reaction score

Attachments

• BF6C00A4-C272-4E2A-B568-B536B199DD13.png
    BF6C00A4-C272-4E2A-B568-B536B199DD13.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 180
  • AF14F747-44CC-4385-8F39-8B1563824AB3.png
    AF14F747-44CC-4385-8F39-8B1563824AB3.png
    354.1 KB · Views: 178

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a TRX appearance package from Ram, so I'm encouraged to see this. But I'd wait until I see how it looks on an actual customer's hood, and see if you can find out how much extra work is involved in fitting it. Aftermarket body parts are notoriously bad fitting. Not saying this hood won't fit right, but at nearly $1500 it would be an expensive experiment for me. I also noticed they are on backorder, which means there should be people who have fitted these.

Guysramrebel

Reaction score
I'd love to see a TRX appearance package from Ram, so I'm encouraged to see this. But I'd wait until I see how it looks on an actual customer's hood, and see if you can find out how much extra work is involved in fitting it. Aftermarket body parts are notoriously bad fitting. Not saying this hood won't fit right, but at nearly $1500 it would be an expensive experiment for me. I also noticed they are on backorder, which means there should be people who have fitted these.
I definitely agree, install and color matching won’t be cheap either.

riveralg79

Reaction score
Would this fit a 2021 BigHorn 1500?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

U

User_21361

They are sold out, but I can’t wait to see pics of this. I would strongly consider it.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the fact it's made from aluminum and not fiberglass but I don't believe they made any yet and they are photoshopped pics. The stock ram hood has the overhang piece in the center of the hood which is not shown in there photo.
1cac8e73fda3bcbab16c6de99fefd1df.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Backorder could also mean they are still trying to get the first one to fit, 😃

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I like the fact it's made from aluminum and not fiberglass but I don't believe they made any yet and they are photoshopped pics. The stock ram hood has the overhang piece in the center of the hood which is not shown in there photo.
1cac8e73fda3bcbab16c6de99fefd1df.jpg

That's true, but the TRX does not have that notch. If I were making a TRX style hood for all the other 1500 models I would make it without the notch as well. Would also require making the filler piece above the grille to go with it.

Last edited:

CanRebel

Reaction score
I would buy one. But as it was pointed out above. It wouldn't fit on my Rebel.
And the color would have to match my truck. $1500 isn't much. Shipping would hurt though :)
(I'm in Canada)

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious what they have to say about the notch on the grill bezel. If you enlarge there pic from there website you clearly see where they photoshopped out gaps between the hood and grill as well as the grill bezel notch. I would love this hood and would have no issue fitting and painting but I draw the line in modifying the grill/grill bezel. IMO they are still in the prototype stages and buyer beware. Brings back memories of the TommyZ hoods from my 300/ Charger days.

U

User_21361

The first reply was less than helpful, but quick. I asked about the fitment and if they have actually produced this yet. I got a response back with a screen shot from their site that says it fits :ROFLMAO: . I replied back with more specific questions (pics on a real truck, how they handled the notch, etc). My hunch is that I will have to call them and actually speak with a human in their tech department. I also offered to be a guinea pig (for a healthy discount of course), but we shall see where this goes.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
The high resolution photos on their website are actually TRX Rams. I'm not sure what's going on with this. The website ad for this hood shows four different trucks. One is the photoshopped red Ram with their hood on it. The second is a photoshopped TRX. And the last two are just live images of a TRX. What's the deal?

Attachments

• 1630433584327.png
    1630433584327.png
    956.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 1630433662977.png
    1630433662977.png
    657.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The high resolution photos on their website are actually TRX Rams. I'm not sure what's going on with this. The website ad for this hood shows four different trucks. One is the photoshopped red Ram with their hood on it. The second is a photoshopped TRX. And the last two are just live images of a TRX. What's the deal?

The red Rebel is a computer generated image.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
You don't need so much air with that TRX vent scoop. Even stock Rebel hood has fake vents. I'd say that nobody will see the difference except you if you swap the hood. Tuning with no purpose other then activity.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
You don't need so much air with that TRX vent scoop. Even stock Rebel hood has fake vents. I'd say that nobody will see the difference except you if you swap the hood. Tuning with no purpose other then activity.

That's true. But in fairness, most modifications to vehicles are only noticed by ourselves and maybe a few others. If I drove a blue Rebel for a month and then switched and drove a blue TRX, there's a good chance nobody would notice the difference. Even most Ram enthusiasts that realized I now drive a TRX will likely assume my blue Ram was always a TRX.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
That's true. But in fairness, most modifications to vehicles are only noticed by ourselves and maybe a few others. If I drove a blue Rebel for a month and then switched and drove a blue TRX, there's a good chance nobody would notice the difference. Even most Ram enthusiasts that realized I now drive a TRX will likely assume my blue Ram was always a TRX.
I 100% agree with you. However, while people don't realize that you did something with your truck, there are things you do and they say "wow, you have such a cool truck, I never mentioned that before". Like when you put 35s on it, install decals, rock sliders etc. It will make you truck look cooler. However, switching to TRX hood will not help with that - it will look different, yes, but not better.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I 100% agree with you. However, while people don't realize that you did something with your truck, there are things you do and they say "wow, you have such a cool truck, I never mentioned that before". Like when you put 35s on it, install decals, rock sliders etc. It will make you truck look cooler. However, switching to TRX hood will not help with that - it will look different, yes, but not better.
It won't look better to you. I'd love to have a TRX style hood with a useful air scoop, and I think the looks are perfectly aligned with the aggressive look of the Rebel/TRX. It'd put air right into my Vararam intake, and I could put the top two shutters back on my AGS. Right now I have to clean my filter every month or two because so many bugs get into it.

Users who are viewing this thread