5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trump Shot?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Valid point. However, USSS has overall responsibility for ensuring every layer of security.
Sure, but that obviuosly doesn't fall solely to these two guys. That's my only point there.
CS team may have a primary AO further out, but if they're fixated on one arear, they're dropping the ball.
I don't see anything to indicate that this is what happened.

irishwake63

Reaction score
I worked with the SS in the 80s when I was in the K9 team when Reagan came to Mayport Naval Station for the USS Stark service and those guys had every and I mean every possible area where a shooter could be locked down not to mention they were all about being professional I was cracking jokes and they didn't even smirk like they were robots and I cannot for the life of me see how this huge hole in security was left open its either gross incompetence or deliberate or they just are not the same caliber that they were back then. The rhetoric has to stop from Biden to the Media, you dont like him just dont vote for him its pretty simple he will do just fine without your vote.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I worked with the SS in the 80s when I was in the K9 team when Reagan came to Mayport Naval Station for the USS Stark service and those guys had every and I mean every possible area where a shooter could be locked down not to mention they were all about being professional I was cracking jokes and they didn't even smirk like they were robots and I cannot for the life of me see how this huge hole in security was left open its either gross incompetence or deliberate or they just are not the same caliber that they were back then. The rhetoric has to stop from Biden to the Media, you dont like him just dont vote for him its pretty simple he will do just fine without your vote.
Thats what i would think. Cover every possible area of concern

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
on the move is one thing but a stage setting is another
Different challenges, sure, but I'd say there are some parallels in the failures of each event.
that is a blunder as well but with todays technology there is literally no excuse
What technology? The dude shouldn't have made it to the roof, technology or not.

irishwake63

Reaction score
Different challenges, sure, but I'd say there are some parallels in the failures of each event.

What technology? The dude shouldn't have made it to the roof, technology or not.
the date can be read off a penny from space, we have facial recognition in a split second, communication is better than then as well and all the bldgs were covered except that one makes it questionable. Before a event like this one every possible scenario is ran and every possible shooting position is looked at technology is used and planned better than a route. I agree he should not have made it thru and onto the roof and I guarantee that someone will hang for this and should

irishwake63

Reaction score
I mean if they were that thorough on a military installation you would think it would even be more thorough in a high access area

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the date can be read off a penny from space, we have facial recognition in a split second, communication is better than then as well
What do either of those things have to do with anything? They don't need satellite imagery to see the big *** building 150 yards away from the stage, and they don't need comms any more sophisticated than what they had in the 80s to give the team a heads up.
Before a event like this one every possible scenario is ran and every possible shooting position is looked at technology is used and planned better than a route.
They had the ability to plan in the 80s. The only takeaway here is that SS had a failure protecting a sitting president in the 80s, contrary to your first point.
I agree he should not have made it thru and onto the roof and I guarantee that someone will hang for this and should
Correct. All the technology in the world won't get around people doing what people do.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
and I guarantee that someone will hang for this and should
That may have been a figure of speech, but do not use language like that again. At least, not on this forum.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK.
So, you think if YOU were on the roof scanning the shooters roof (as security obviously were from recorded video) you don’t think YOU could have identified and killed the shooter before he got a shot off?

There is no way to know how long the shooter was exposed to the secret service or how much time they spent scanning that particular roof. It's not logical to assume the agents who killed the shooter were only responsible for monitoring that roof alone. If that's the case they would have put them on that roof.

It seems some are ignorantly assuming they could have done something with no clue of the details.

irishwake63

Reaction score
What do either of those things have to do with anything? They don't need satellite imagery to see the big *** building 150 yards away from the stage, and they don't need comms any more sophisticated than what they had in the 80s to give the team a heads up.

They had the ability to plan in the 80s. The only takeaway here is that SS had a failure protecting a sitting president in the 80s, contrary to your first point.

Correct. All the technology in the world won't get around people doing what people do.
I am just saying with all the technology it makes it far easier today than back in the 80s to secure an area geeze

irishwake63

Reaction score
Im not trying to argue the point that the shooter should not have been there and either malice or incompetence caused it just saying there really is no excuse for it today with better technology etc I dont understand why you are being argumentative about it

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
well a military installation is a little more secure than a high school football field
I was on Corry Station during the NAS Pensacola shooting. These things happen on military bases as well...

Users who are viewing this thread