5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck stuck in ACC mode when turning off.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Really! How confident are you? I'll order one today if you have a high confidence level.
No idea, but I have seen people report the same problem. Something with the button using voltage when it should not be.
Your first permanent code also says ignition switch, which is the button.
Looks like it's under $40.

Newbe2Ram

Reaction score
I ordered one, fingers crossed. Does anyone have any other thoughts?

Newbe2Ram

Reaction score
For anyone interested in a conclusion. I had my battery unplugged for a few days and i needed to move my truck, so I did and when I turned it off, everything worked properly. SOOOOO, I do not have a reason this happened.

Newbe2Ram

Reaction score
OK... the problem is still there, came back yesterday. I installed a new start/stop button, this did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK... the problem is still there, came back yesterday. I installed a new start/stop button, this did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions?
P2535 comes back as a Hybrid Control Processor Module, ignition switch run/start position circuit high.

"When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following condition are met:

Ignition on.

The module is awake.

The Body Control Module (BCM) CAN message indicates that the ignition switch status is in the OFF/ACC position.

Set Conditions:

The Hybrid Control Processor (HCP) has detected that the Fused RUN/START circuit is open or shorted to voltage.

Default Actions:

Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) on.

Possible Causes

OPEN RUN/START FUSE

FUSED IGNITION RUN/START CIRCUIT OPEN

FUSED IGNITION RUN/START CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND

FUSED IGNITION RUN/START CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE

MOTOR GENERATOR UNIT (MGU)

Always perform the PRE-DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE before proceeding. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/Standard Procedure) "

I would recommend a multi-meter, OBDlink MX+, SGW bypass cable, alfaOBD and a subsciption to ALLDataDIY if you are going to dig into this.

RamLtd19

Reaction score
P2535 comes back as a Hybrid Control Processor Module, ignition switch run/start position circuit high.

"When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following condition are met:

Ignition on.

The module is awake.

The Body Control Module (BCM) CAN message indicates that the ignition switch status is in the OFF/ACC position.

Set Conditions:

The Hybrid Control Processor (HCP) has detected that the Fused RUN/START circuit is open or shorted to voltage.

Default Actions:

Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) on.

Possible Causes

OPEN RUN/START FUSE

FUSED IGNITION RUN/START CIRCUIT OPEN

FUSED IGNITION RUN/START CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND

FUSED IGNITION RUN/START CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE

MOTOR GENERATOR UNIT (MGU)

Always perform the PRE-DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE before proceeding. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/Standard Procedure) "

I would recommend a multi-meter, OBDlink MX+, SGW bypass cable, alfaOBD and a subsciption to ALLDataDIY if you are going to dig into this.
Any solution to your problem? I’m experiencing the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/