5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Off - Press Brake and Push Button To Start

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Might be perfectly normal, but ive noticed that this "push to start" pops up along with the associated dash lighting with even a light touch of a door handle, without the fob anywhere in range. Its therefore responding to the touch, not the fobs existence. If its that sensitive, maybe every little vibration is triggering it.

WRIGHTSTUFF

Reaction score
Did anyone ever figure out what is going on with the push to start stop light coming on and killing the battery?
I just picked up a 24 3500 dually two days ago
Has been sitting in my driveway
Went to drive it to work and the batteries were stone dead.

GFM

Reaction score
Had the same issues you are talking about. I have a 2020 Big Horn. The solution was the RF Hub losing communication. After a new battery, ignition switch, this solved the issue. It was dealer installed.

Pyerite

Reaction score
Greetings, @FirstimeRAM, @theblet, @mechanic2old, @Jackie G, and others

Our team would like to invite any users who are personally experiencing battery draining concerns to reach out to us via private message with your VIN and mileage. We would like to take a deeper look here. Thank you and hope to reconnect with some of you shortly!

Hannah
Ram Cares
I have spoke to ram cares several times. They don’t care. We Just picked my truck up from dealer that had the vehicle for 3 weeks. They found a draw then reset the modules then couldn’t find a problem or parasitic draw and said it was fine to pick the truck up. It cost me $900 and a new battery. I got home a couple hours ago and guess what? Truck is still not going to sleep. I called ram cares again and asked if I’m going to have to go through all of this and spend over $1000 every time the battery dies. This is the second time in a year it has been at the dealership for very similar issues. The first time the found it was the RF module and rack and pinion steering after 5 weeks of having the truck. 2019 ram 1500 rebel with 70,000 miles

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Kind of messed up that they charged you and did not fix the issue. How does that work? One of the stealership mechanics on the forum should chime in.

I know the third party guy I go to does not operate like that. Then again, when they fix something it's actually fixed.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s sux. I definitely wouldn’t pay again when it goes back in

Pyerite

Reaction score
Kind of messed up that they charged you and did not fix the issue. How does that work? One of the stealership mechanics on the forum should chime in.

I know the third party guy I go to does not operate like that. Then again, when they fix something it's actually fixed.
They must have cleared everything or just reset whatever because it was fine when I picked the truck up. When we disconnect the battery and let it sit for a while the problem goes away when we reconnect it. Sometimes it is good for a couple cycles, sometimes it’s good for a couple days. And we told them that.

Users who are viewing this thread