5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission falling out of Drive on downshift, blinking, displaying "shift to P" and back

MistaBain

Reaction score
I am assuming good ol break clean will do? Should there be any lube put on there ie lithium grease or oil to prevent the sticking? Also has anyone had this issue with upgraded tb?

MistaBain

Reaction score
Whelp thanks to those who recommended the throttle body cleaning. So far I haven’t be able to duplicate under same driving conditions. I ended up using throttle body cleaner to remove the gunk around the opening and flap. I tried doing it with the tb on the truck and it wasn’t going to well so I took the damn think off cleaned it. I have 66k on the truck and it took a good deal of cleaning. I assume it’s blow by getting on there I wonder if guys that are running catch can are experiencing this? Thanks again for those who shared there thoughts!

456789ram

Reaction score
Got truck back they stated they is a new TCU software update (had this done in ‘23 that revision didn’t work) this is expected to resolve the issue. If it comes up again will try throttle body.
Note: FYI, also had roof stop lamp leak repaired from warranty but Ram doesn’t cover headliner that’s damaged due to leak what a disappointment.

Vulpes

Reaction score
Whelp thanks to those who recommended the throttle body cleaning. So far I haven’t be able to duplicate under same driving conditions. I ended up using throttle body cleaner to remove the gunk around the opening and flap. I tried doing it with the tb on the truck and it wasn’t going to well so I took the damn think off cleaned it. I have 66k on the truck and it took a good deal of cleaning. I assume it’s blow by getting on there I wonder if guys that are running catch can are experiencing this? Thanks again for those who shared there thoughts!
So after I cleaned the throttle body to address the random drops into neutral, I installed an oil catch can on mine, assuming it must be blow by that made the throttle body dirty. In the past year when I have checked the can, it has been dry and clean. I don't know why my throttle body was dirty. Smarter minds on here might know?

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So after I cleaned the throttle body to address the random drops into neutral, I installed an oil catch can on mine, assuming it must be blow by that made the throttle body dirty. In the past year when I have checked the can, it has been dry and clean. I don't know why my throttle body was dirty. Smarter minds on here might know?
Was your can installed properly? Here's mine after 3,000 Miles, almost half full. 20240229_142951.jpg

50yroldrebel

Reaction score
I have also experienced the same issue twice. I have only had the truck for 2 months! Joined here to find a resolution to the issue. Seached for TSB's and or recalls. Nothing yet.

Users who are viewing this thread