5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tranny damage on 2 day old rebel

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not your friend and this is what forums are for we can talk to each other about a similar issue we are experiencing.
Not to start a pissing match here but you hijacked this thread. Yes you guys have similar issues but they are also quite involved and should have separate threads. It’s better for all of us if they are separate so it’s not so jumbled trying to follow it.

Scott1

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone!
Ordered the truck from CT, truck is at dealer in NY where I live. Dealers out here only help you if you got it from them. Who would I even ask about extending the warranty and who foots the bill? Is it even a real option?

I’ll keep everyone updated. So far the truck won’t even be looked at until next week. Loaners aren’t available until October and since I ‘didn’t buy it from them, they won’t give me one anyway’. BS! I called ram care and they said I can get a rental. ($35/day max). That will barely get me into an economy! Frustrated :(
80 miles on the odometer and it won’t shift into gear. Expected lead time on a new transmission was 45 days. I called Chrysler customer service, 8009921997, and opened a claim. Transmission expedited to 7-10. Truck isn’t repaired yet but they have initially said they’d pick up a payment or two and possibly provide the extended warranty. In my state, lemon law applies after 4 repair attempts or 30 days of non use; I have 13 to go.

Last edited:

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You would be crazy to not expect a huge fight out of FCA if you were expecting to get a brand new truck out of the deal. I don't think they would go for that. But that's my thoughts.
Have to agree. It's not just the cost from an inventory perspective, but now they have a previously registered vehicle that is used and cannot be sold as new.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 042808 miles.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Id take the extended warranty over anything. These are nice trucks when the bugs are worked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online