5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer suround view gone after OTA update

eshepard

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Limited with the Trailer Surround View camera system. The cameras worked perfectly 2 days ago.
When I turned off the trug there was a message that an OTA update had been downloaded and needed to be installed.
After the installation, the trailer camera options are all gone. When I go to the trailer setup screen the option for Trailer Surround View is grayed out.
Uconnect support was of no help.
Anybody else have this problem or any ideas?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you try a soft reset by holding the screen power button in? I had a lot of screwed up stuff as well but everything was back to normal after a reboot.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Did you happen to see the update number? I {think} I got an OTA update today and if IIRC it was T 24.56.(?)

So far everything is the same. 🤞

RamCares

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks for tagging us and bringing this to our attention! We received similar feedback on another thread on the forum and advised the feedback will be escalated to the internal team. I haven't received new details yet but will return once they're available. As always, you can send our team a PM with your VIN and any additional details about the concerns you're noticing since the update so we can document a case to help track the trends to the brand teams for a resolution.

Steph
Ram Cares

Steven666

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks for tagging us and bringing this to our attention! We received similar feedback on another thread on the forum and advised the feedback will be escalated to the internal team. I haven't received new details yet but will return once they're available. As always, you can send our team a PM with your VIN and any additional details about the concerns you're noticing since the update so we can document a case to help track the trends to the brand teams for a resolution.

Steph
Ram Cares
I went to install the camera trailer kit part # 82216421AB-001 in my 2022 Limited 1500 and the truck didn’t see the cameras were even connected. Waste of a couple of hours I won’t get back. I mounted all the cameras to magnets to stick to the 4 viewing areas, plugged everything into the control box and into the 12 pin below the bumper. No additional cameras showed up. Grr.

Randboye

Reaction score
A new update T25.51 fix camera issues that disabled L/R mirrors views and trailer surround in update from T25.48, mine updated 9-10

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I went to install the camera trailer kit part # 82216421AB-001 in my 2022 Limited 1500 and the truck didn’t see the cameras were even connected. Waste of a couple of hours I won’t get back. I mounted all the cameras to magnets to stick to the 4 viewing areas, plugged everything into the control box and into the 12 pin below the bumper. No additional cameras showed up. Grr.
did you add the sales code with alfaobd

Steven666

Reaction score
And how pray tell do I add the sales code with alfaobd. The instructions indicate a plug and play for the kit. Then set camera height and trailer dimensions. Can’t do that if the truck fails to talk to the trailer control box

6of36

Reaction score
And how pray tell do I add the sales code with alfaobd. The instructions indicate a plug and play for the kit. Then set camera height and trailer dimensions. Can’t do that if the truck fails to talk to the trailer control box
There are 2 different camera systems that use the 12 pin plug. The truck needs to be set to the proper system.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone is asking you the wrong questions because you haven’t given us enough info.
On your radio, go to vehicle > cameras. Is there a trailer surround view camera soft key anywhere?
If not, what software version is your radio currently on?
IMG_5395.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread