5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traction Control Partial Off & Fully Off

jkm312

Reaction score
I thought this gentleman explained how all 3 parts fit and work together very well.

Until I read thru this thread, I did not know you could turn it off completely.
Just might come in handy in one of those "Whatever was I thinking or not thinking moments"
Good to know.

Rich

Reaction score
Just to confirm in case anyone is wondering, it could be disabled on my Bighorn.

d19r93

Reaction score
I just tested mine - 2019 1500 limited.

In PARK, while in either 4auto or 4high, holding down the traction control button 7-10 sec turns off ESC. Switching between auto and high it turns ESC back on, but you can turn it off again in either mode. In 2wd I can't turn off ESC. As mentioned already by others, 4Low automatically turns off ESC. Side note, when ESC turns off it also turns off collision detection.
My BigHorn is identical to this.

11B4X4

Reaction score
Looks like if you ever truly want to go wild in 2 wheel drive you need to pull the ESC fuse. One of my favorite things about the '06 Tacoma I traded in was the complete control I had of the vehicle without computer interference. Not to say I don't want the help on a slick road, just would be nice to have the option to deactivate in all drive modes.

Raydar

Reaction score
Good info here. I learned something.
When I switched into 4WD-Auto, I was able to disable the Stability Control and Traction Control completely, by holding the switch down - probably about five seconds.
Once I got to about 40 MPH, ESC would re-enable itself. When I slowed down, it would disable again. Pretty cool.
When I switched back to 2WD, everything re-enabled, including Traction Control.

Users who are viewing this thread