5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Agree. I don’t mind my tow mirrors at all. Here’s a question I have though. And probably a stupid one but the manual doesn’t say so here I go. Do the blind spot mirrors on the tow mirrors adjust manually or electronically?

I misread your question the 1st time, when you say adjust, do you mean to position them so you can see better? If so, electronically.

RAM805

Reaction score
Watching this thread now. I almost did not buy my '19 RAM after realizing the tow mirrors do not power fold. Glad to see @RamCares is here to help us out as well. I am happy to order and install the parts if my RAM dealer will input the sales codes for my VIN with FCA's blessing. I am taking it in next week for the "clunk while turning" and hopefully they will be willing to help me out.

RAM805

Reaction score
Blind spot mirrors are manual fold and power adjust
Just to clarify this ... on my tow package mirrors I have amber triangle blind spot warning lights, the large inner mirror is power adjustable and the smaller outer mirror is manually adjustable, and as we all know, they do manually (but not power) fold.

revolutionz

Reaction score
I hope you can get this worked out, I'd love to have the power fold tow mirrors. Now, if they would have offered the tow mirrors paint matched....but if I can get power folding, I'll have mine painted before I put them on, then all will be good. Really impressed about everything else on the truck!

d_THRILL

Reaction score
I misread your question the 1st time, when you say adjust, do you mean to position them so you can see better? If so, electronically.

Blind spot mirrors are manual fold and power adjust

Just to clarify this ... on my tow package mirrors I have amber triangle blind spot warning lights, the large inner mirror is power adjustable and the smaller outer mirror is manually adjustable, and as we all know, they do manually (but not power) fold.

Yes, the outer mirror is what I was talking about. Thanks for the clarification.

Ramlax

Reaction score
I can't figure out why Ram didn't offer power folding tow mirrors when they obviously made the same mirrors power folding in the 2018's. I'm already sick of getting out to fold in my mirrors for going through the wash.
Tell me about it, it’s really so annoying

RamTruckMan

Reaction score
Does anyone know: Is like to replace my manual tow mirrors with blindspot indicators with HEATED tow mirrors with blindspot indicators. Is it possible to just get the new mirrors without any other work? I guess I'm asking if all the mirror harness are pre-wired and preprogramedfor heat and all you need to do is plug it in. Power folding would be nice, but I'll be content with heat. Thanks

Last edited:

jmr

Reaction score
The existing options should work but you will NOT be able to add the sales codes for the heated mirrors to your vin by the dealer.
I've faced this issue as well switching tow mirrors to the regular Bighorn mirror. FCA doesn't allow the sales codes to be added unless it's part of a factory
kit like the Mopar tow mirror kit that they sell...I know this sucks big time.

There is a company that sells a odbii module to program in the sales codes though.

https://www.obdgenie.com/collection...power-folding-mirror-package-programmer-c-pfm

RamTruckMan

Reaction score
The existing options should work but you will NOT be able to add the sales codes for the heated mirrors to your vin by the dealer.
I've faced this issue as well switching tow mirrors to the regular Bighorn mirror. FCA doesn't allow the sales codes to be added unless it's part of a factory
kit like the Mopar tow mirror kit that they sell...I know this sucks big time.

There is a company that sells a odbii module to program in the sales codes though.

https://www.obdgenie.com/collection...power-folding-mirror-package-programmer-c-pfm

Thanks, that's good info. I didn't see it mention mirror heat though, which is specifically what I'm looking for.

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn | 5.7L eTorque | 3.92 R.A.R.

kjn86

Reaction score
Yes my tow mirrors are heated on my longhorn

It is so dumb that all the tow mirrors aren't heated. It is dumb that tow mirrors remove 360 and power folding already, but they have to make SOME without heat? Doesn't even make sense.

RamTruckMan

Reaction score
If anyone hears about someone adding heated mirrors, give me a shout please

2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn | 5.7L eTorque | 3.92 R.A.R.

Hdray101

Reaction score
Tell me about it, it’s really so annoying
The mirror issue is pathetic. I bought my 2019 Limited with towing mirrors. It has level one group. The window sticker even said it had surround view and power heated towing mirrors. It wasn't until after I purchased when the dealer was going over the truck on delivery that They Said "Oh by the way because it has towing mirrors you lost surround view cam" And Power Heated mirrors no longer power fold like my 2016 Laramie. This is absolute BS. I am so sick of getting out to fold the mirror. On a "LIMITED LEVEL ONE OPTIONED" Truck
Its awesome to have a Ford Or Chevy truck guy watch me get out and fold the stupid mirror after the car wash!!!! THINK ABOUT THAT MOPAR!
I am willing to eat the added cost to put the small mirrors on as long as I get all the functions back, That I ALREADY PAID FOR!!!!!
So PLEASE KEEP THIS GOING.
2019 RAMS ARE GREAT TRUCKS------- TOO BAD FORD AND CHEVY GUYS HAVE TO WATCH US GET OUT AND FOLD OUR MIRRORS

NEWVETTE2

Reaction score
I replaced my tow mirrors with the standard mirror for the Bighorn model they both have turn signal and puddle lights.
The standard mirror is heated, power folding and auto dim plus the size of the standard mirror makes it more garage friendly.

The problem is that my dealer cannot enable the 4 sales codes I need to add to my vin to enable the TIPM to enable the features of the standard mirror.
It seems that FCA will not allow these codes to be added even though they are part of the standard Bighorn package without the tow package option.
I like the standard mirrors but it would be better if I could at least at a minimum enable the heated mirror and auto-dim option.

I need to find someone who can program my TIPM to enable the sales codes.
I HAVE A 2019 RAM, ORDER THE SPORT COLO MATCH, BUT DID NOT GET THE MIRRORS, I HATE THESE TOW MIRRORS, SO THE DEALER IS GOING TO CHARGE ME FOR THE NEW SPORT MIRRORS AND INSTALL. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA TO BET THE DEALER, MIRRORS ARE $770.00 PLUS 3 TO 4 HOURS INSTALL, AN I KNOW THAT IS BULL ****, I HAVE LOOKED INTO DOING IT MYSELF, JUST DO NOT FEEL LIKE IT, I HAVE NO NEED FOR TOW MIRRORS, EVEN THOSE I DO TOW. POWER FOLD I DO NOT CARE ABOUT EITHER !

NEWVETTE2

Reaction score
Wait....I need clarification on this! I was told by my dealer that I've known for 20 years that the swap was NOT possible due to incompatible wiring connectors. So you're telling me, YOU switched over, and the only thing NOT working is the power fold and heated mirrors which is fixed by a new control switch panel and a flash?
I'M HAVING MINE SWITCHED OVER BY DODGE ,I HAVE TO BY THE MIRRORS, I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, THEY SCREWED UP SO I'M NO SURE WHAT THEY ARE PAYING, PROBABLY LABOR, THEY'LL CHARGE DODGE

Users who are viewing this thread