5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow mirrors and surround view

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered a limited, with air suspension. Trailer tow package was not required. I did add the trailer brake.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
edrclark said:
I just ordered a limited, with air suspension. Trailer tow package was not required. I did add the trailer brake.
Thanks. I should have mentioned that I'm specifically looking at a Laramie Longhorn, but I'm not sure whether that makes a difference.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
SpeedyV said:
Hi all - new to the forum, but this thread brought up a question.

When the 2019 "build and price" configurator first came online, I was able to opt for the 4-corner air suspension without being forced to add the "trailer-tow group". I was specifically trying to avoid adding the trailer-tow mirrors, so I went the route of adding the trailer brake control separately (as Jared posted above).

The configurator has recently been changed to force the addition of the trailer-tow group in order to add the air suspension (see attached).

Is a dealer able to configure this differently than the online configurator? I want the air suspension with the non trailer-tow mirrors so as to retain the surround-view capability. Worst case, would I be able to purchase an 'extra' set of non trailer-tow mirrors and retain the surround-view capability?

Otherwise, it seems that it is not possible to purchase the 4-corner air suspension with surround view.
I'm willing to bet thats a bug in the build and price as well, shouldn't have to get the trailer tow group to get the air suspension. With all the electronics in these trucks I bet it isn't as simple as adding the mirrors after the fact and having the surround view work either, although I can be wrong.

Welcome to the forum.
263a.png

iKGraves

Reaction score
It’s depressing that I read all of this and I went to build one on the website again to confirm and it does show not available with tow mirrors and mine is already built and shipped and should be here this week sometime. I ordered back on March 12th and it never said anything about the surround view having a conflict so I will be one of those who gets a fully loaded Laramie with the 12” screen and no surround view. Not a deal breaker though at this point because I’ve waited too long already. It was supposed to be in by the 3rd which was last Wednesday, but after reading the pages about them being short handed on both rail and trucking, it makes sense. I’m in Arkansas so im sure it will have to go rail first to central location and then get picked up by truck from there. Fingers crossed it shows up this week week so I can take pics and write a review for you guys!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would file a compliant with FCA. If your interested I have several numbers and contact info for them to get rid of the middle man. Let me know.

D

Deleted member 85

I can say internally, 4 corner air does not force trailer tow group.

BBLV

Reaction score
I was so pumped on getting my Limited this week or next that I ordered March 6th, but this revelation killed it for me. I cancelled my order last week and just picked up a 2018 Raptor on Monday.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
BBLV said:
I was so pumped on getting my Limited this week or next that I ordered March 6th, but this revelation killed it for me. I cancelled my order last week and just picked up a 2018 Raptor on Monday.
Thats too bad, 2018 Raptor is a hell of a truck though. Congrats on your purchase. ?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BBLV said:
Horrible idea

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
should got a powerwagon
1f609.png
hope it works out for you, or you quickly find you need a Ram. Good luck.

? Does the Raptor have the surround view?

And how much can a Raptor tow or haul?

RKPhelps

Reaction score
I did the same with my order, Ordered with Tow group not realizing I would not have the 360 feature. Can The Tow mirrors be changed @ my dealer to standard mirrors to get the 360 feature?

immersivenc

Reaction score
Well, this is terrible news. I have a build in the queue with the tow group and had no idea it would nix the 360 cameras. As of yesterday, they had not started building my truck yet. Does anyone know if there's any recourse in changing this? I am considering canceling the order even if I have to eat the $500 deposit i put on the truck because I really want the 360. FCA shat the bed on this one by not making this obvious until most recently.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tow group = no 360 view. Its been confirmed by several members already.

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
immersivenc said:
Well, this is terrible news. I have a build in the queue with the tow group and had no idea it would nix the 360 cameras. As of yesterday, they had not started building my truck yet. Does anyone know if there's any recourse in changing this? I am considering canceling the order even if I have to eat the $500 deposit i put on the truck because I really want the 360. FCA shat the bed on this one by not making this obvious until most recently.
I would hope they would let you order one without the tow mirrors with the 360 view and put you in the same position you were to begin with.......Can your dealer make a call since it isn't built yet? Hope you have a recourse

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BobbiBigWheels said:
I can say internally, 4 corner air does not force trailer tow group.
I built a Laramie Longhorn with the air suspension tonight at the dealership, and we confirmed that the only option forced by the air suspension is the Level 1 equipment group. This is awesome news for me...and I'm now leaning towards placing an order on a loaded Laramie Longhorn. The consumer "build and price' portal forces you to add Level 1 + Advanced Safety + Trailer-Tow to a LL with the air suspension, and I was very frustrated about this. Ironically, I test-drove a LL on the lot with the air suspension and no trailer-tow package, and we used the surround view!

jimwjones

Reaction score
So do you also lose lane keep assist if you have the tow mirrors? My truck just came in and I assumed limited with level 1 pkg would have surround view!!! What a bummer

jimwjones

Reaction score
So do you also lose lane keep assist if you have the tow mirrors? My truck just came in and I assumed limited with level 1 pkg would have surround view!!! What a bummer
Picked up new truck and tow pkg does not nix lane assist just the 360 cameras. It really bums me out having my dream truck without a great option I was looking forward to.

Nickjansen

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 19’ Ram 1500 Limited with every option I could tic’.. come to find out parking in my driveway that I don’t have the 360 camera.... really disappointed and trying to keep myself happy that I still have a beautiful new truck that I can park anyway without the 360 camera..(was really looking forward to the feature though). Also mad at myself at even after atleast 5 hours of research and videos that I got no wind of the tow package canceling it out. I now want to know (reason for my post), is it in anyway shape or form possible to replace the tow mirrors with the mirrors with camera and have the front grille camera installed and have all of those wired in and update the Uconnect to subsequently have the 360 camera, or am I just going to have to live without it? I’m not cost prohibited and as long as it doesn’t cost sum $6000 then I’ll do it. Anyone ever have experience with other vehicle after install 360 cam? Can it be done?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 19’ Ram 1500 Limited with every option I could tic’.. come to find out parking in my driveway that I don’t have the 360 camera.... really disappointed and trying to keep myself happy that I still have a beautiful new truck that I can park anyway without the 360 camera..(was really looking forward to the feature though). Also mad at myself at even after atleast 5 hours of research and videos that I got no wind of the tow package canceling it out. I now want to know (reason for my post), is it in anyway shape or form possible to replace the tow mirrors with the mirrors with camera and have the front grille camera installed and have all of those wired in and update the Uconnect to subsequently have the 360 camera, or am I just going to have to live without it? I’m not cost prohibited and as long as it doesn’t cost sum $6000 then I’ll do it. Anyone ever have experience with other vehicle after install 360 cam? Can it be done?

Does not appear to be an option at this time...

Users who are viewing this thread